H:Galakras, Which trinket?

Hey guys, I've been looking through WoL at parses on this fight and seeing the cleave damage from FFC on some of the top parses. What are they pairing it with? Amp or CD trinket? I've got both options and it's not progression, just looking to push some more damage scumbag style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking through WoL I see that most of them are using Evil Eye/Thok trinkets so I'm assuming you'd only use the cleave one when you happen to have a cleave trinket and a bad thok/eye. I could be wrong but that is what it seems like to me.
    Negative - US Lightning's Blade
    <Imba>
    B-tag: Negative#1554

They probably just wont logout in situational gear that they only use for a few bosses, that's why you dont see them @armory.

Since the CD trinket doesn't boost AoE specifically, I'd go with Amp/cleave for galakras, since the amp trinket boosts you single target damage by a larger amount than the CD trinket does. Would have to test it tho, but don't have the cleave trinket on my DK.

I just remembered, another DK on my group used the cleave trinket when we were on galakras, most logged numbers and action counts were at least similar, but he pulled ahead by a good deal because of the cleave trinket (I remember it doing ~12M damage over the fight). He also rand Thok's+Cleave while I ran Thok's/Eye
    Last edited by Firefly; 2013-11-27 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Alzheimer's is calling

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They probably just wont logout in situational gear that they only use for a few bosses, that's why you dont see them @armory.

Since the CD trinket doesn't boost AoE specifically, I'd go with Amp/cleave for galakras, since the amp trinket boosts you single target damage by a larger amount than the CD trinket does. Would have to test it tho, but don't have the cleave trinket on my DK.

I just remembered, another DK on my group used the cleave trinket when we were on galakras, most logged numbers and action counts were at least similar, but he pulled ahead by a good deal because of the cleave trinket (I remember it doing ~12M damage over the fight). He also rand Thok's+Cleave while I ran Thok's/Eye
    Gotcha, thanks for the feedback. I used the cleave/cd trinket this time around, next week I'll switch it up and go through the logs and see what the difference was.

To be honest, Cleave might pull up your dps, but the AoE dmg doesn't really matter that much.
    as you are nuking the shaman / bonecrushers with much higher prio and assuming you are DW, you will cleave alot anyways.

And especially on the final phase.. thats where the dps counts.. and that is single target.

and for the final thing,,. I know for a fact that the reduced cd on my AMS by the trinket has saved my life for sure on some tries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borislav View Post
    To be honest, Cleave might pull up your dps, but the AoE dmg doesn't really matter that much.
    as you are nuking the shaman / bonecrushers with much higher prio and assuming you are DW, you will cleave alot anyways.

And especially on the final phase.. thats where the dps counts.. and that is single target.

and for the final thing,,. I know for a fact that the reduced cd on my AMS by the trinket has saved my life for sure on some tries.
    The thread seems to be written in the context of ranking, not progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by inferior2 View Post
    The thread seems to be written in the context of ranking, not progressing.
    Indeed. As I mentioned this isn't progression. We one shot this the first week of heroics and steam roll it weekly. I'm sure you can relate but sometimes on farm you just need something extra so you don't fall asleep at the keyboard.