New gaming monitor 27 2560x1400 - which?

I need a new gaming monitor. As of now I am using EV2736W and I cannot tell if it's a super good monitor for gaming or not since I am having a hard time finding reviews about it.

The thing is.. I want a monitor for PURE gaming only. I DON'T want 1080p. I want 2560x1440 resolution and.. Very limited IPS glow! The IPS is the most important here guys.

Which monitor to get?

No offense, but if you want a gaming monitor why not look into the super fast panels from benq or asus? An IPS is fine for games like wow sure, but if you play any fps you will get a superior experience with a 144hz panel. Also, dont forget about gsync (upcoming technology that is basically replacing vsync, will only be available on the super fast panels from asus and benq at release, also only with nvidia cards 650ti boost and up):

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...er-free-gaming

If after reading all what i just wrote you still want a 1440p screen you kinda gotta give a price range because they vary so much. (400-1200 dollars)
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2013-11-29 at 11:57 PM.

Money is not a issue here. Fascinate my main concern is the IPS glow. I haven't found any good gaming monitor tbh this is also why I made this thread
    I used to have a Dell U3014, however, after a few weeks I had to return it because of its severe IPS glow.

Deleted
    Perfect Pixel-27" QNIX QX2710 2560x1440 QHD PLS Matte Panel Monitor @Newegg $372

27" QNIX QX2710 2560x1440 QHD PLS Matte Panel Monitor @Newegg $340

You can search the same panel at Amazon or Ebay, Ebay have a lot more options. Make sure you get the connections you need/want.

ASUS PB278Q is an option as well, better connectivity, adjustments for height, swivel etc. but the price is $550+

Notarget: Any how are the IPS glow on those?

Synthaxx: Thanks for your input, however, I still need some answers for my question. How severe is the IPS glow on those monitors? As I said in my post, I had U3014 first but I had to return it because of its bad IPS glow which ruined the whole gaming experience for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Synthaxx: Thanks for your input, however, I still need some answers for my question. How severe is the IPS glow on those monitors? As I said in my post, I had U3014 first but I had to return it because of its bad IPS glow which ruined the whole gaming experience for me.
    I honestly don't know but people I know have good experience with them. asking now.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^boom

What do you mean by glow?

Backlight bleeding? It's there, but it's not noticeable when there's something other than plain black in the background, so you're not going to notice it unless you're just booting up past the motherboard logo.
    Last edited by inux94; 2013-11-30 at 12:55 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Such rapid response

There is a difference between Backlight bleed and IPS glow. All monitor have IPS glow problems. Some are worse than others. To see what IPS glow is check this:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/psnmgxmdq43x3q4/qw8wW9tS3S Thats how my U3014 looked like :/ Try gaming with that white glow all the time and even watching movies.. It was a living hell!

CheezusCrust: Ever played dark games like Amnesia? Battlefield? L4D and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    IPS glow just like backlight bleeding varies from monitor to monitor, it is pretty much just the luck of the draw.

Samsungs PLS panels seems to have less issues with it though.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2013-11-30 at 01:07 AM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450