780 ti build 1700+/- budget

Hello I posted previously for help on a new build, however I have changed my budget and I now wish to base the build on a 780 ti gpu.
    Id like a case that nicely shows the inside of my pc if I could get some input on that id appreciate that as well.

Budget: $1700 + Monitor price. I have a bit of flexibility here.
    No need for an OS
    No need for additional peripherals except for a monitor & mouse gaming mat.
    I already have one monitor so I'm planning on using two.
    Id like an optical drive that can play blue ray.
    desired resolution: 1920x1080
    Here is a build I found a while back that seemed to fit my needs. It probably needs some updating.
    I am in the US.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($69.99 Newegg)
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.99 Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($89.99 Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($149.99 Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 Newegg)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card ($719.99 TigerDirect)
    Case: NZXT Phantom 630 (Matte Black) ATX Full Tower Case ($126.00 Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($106.50 Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 OutletPC)
    Total: $1639.41
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-29 19:30 EST-0500)
    Last edited by Triturador; 2013-11-30 at 12:59 AM.

That is a solid build. If 1080 is your max you could likely save a little more money on the graphics card and drop it down a step and maybe get yourself a better monitor. Unless of course bang for the buck isnt the idea and just getting just about the single best GPU out there is.

Deleted
    Yeah 780ti for $700+ is a complete waste for 1080p.

overpaying for the RAM, get something like this instead:

G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $50

Money to be saved on the PSU as well:

XFX ProSeries 750W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular $85
    Antec HCG M 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular $60 after rebate
    EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular $70 after rebate

The first two are both Seasonic OEM, last one is FSP which isn't a bad OEM either - Review of the EVGA PSU

As for the GPU either get something cheaper or get yourself a 1440p monitor to take advantage of the performance you'll have. Otherwise I would pick one of these:

Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB $300
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB $320

Or wait for non-reference R9 290's, they'll probably be around $430-460

Decently price 1440p:

QNIX Perfect Pixel QX2710 Matte 60Hz 27.0" $374

Thanks for the response . I will keep the 780ti and get a 1440 monitor, I also forgot to mention that I plan in doing a lot of game recording and perhaps streaming should I get a better CPU for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Triturador View Post
    Thanks for the response . I will keep the 780ti and get a 1440 monitor, I also forgot to mention that I plan in doing a lot of game recording and perhaps streaming should I get a better CPU for that?
    Yes, you should. But not for that. Instead of buying an unneccesary and owerpriced videocard get an i7 Core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, shadowplay have a recording feature that doesn't tax your system at all.
    They are planning on adding twitch streaming in the near future.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

i would take everyones advice and drop the video card down a bit, and use some of the money you saved to upgrade your storage drive from a caviar blue to a caviar black.

After all the feedback I came up with the following.
    Sorry for having no link but I don't have permission to do that yet

Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($149.99 B&H)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 Newegg)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($319.99 NCIX US)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($39.99 Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VS248H-P 24.0" Monitor ($119.99 Newegg)
    Total: $974.91
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-30 16:38 EST-0500)

I left the CPU blank since I'm still unsure on which one exactly to get. I do plan on doing some video editing as well.
    I'm also unsure on the PSU I want to be able to run SLI in the future and will be using two monitors here are the three that were recommended by Notarget:

I'd also appreciate any more input on the rest of the build .

Get an i7 K series and overclock that biatch!. Shadowplay is in my opinion godly at what it does. It comes for free with most GTX600+ series cards and it simply does NOT impact performance at all. The quality is not 100% perfect but then again Fraps isn't either. If I try to record WoW or LoL with Fraps it drops to 30 FPS and locks it there (If you record with fraps and you go from 60 FPS to 59 FPS, Fraps will automatically downscale your FPS to 30 and lock it there).

The ONLY problem I have with Shadowplay at the moment is that uploads seem to take a while. I'm using Adobe Premiere and there's something annoying with it. When you export a video it has an option called "Use Maximum Render Quality" that does almost nothing for the video quality imho:
    Fraps normal: ~1min render for 1 min video - 2-3min upload to youtube
    Fraps Maximum Render Quality: ~30min render for a 1min video - 2 hours upload to youtube
    Shadowplay normal: ~3min render for 1min07s - 12min upload to youtube

Here's a video I made a few seconds ago to show you what Shadowplay can do:

The LoL clip is just recording while playing.
    The WoW clip is a shadowsave (you can save the last 10mins of gameplay even if you were not recording at the time) to see how I wiped my raid like a donkey.
    BONUS: Shadowplay is ~2.7-3GB for 10 minutes. Fraps is 27-30GB for 10 minutes.

Deleted
    After all the feedback I came up with the following.
    Sorry for having no link but I don't have permission to do that yet

I left the CPU blank since I'm still unsure on which one exactly to get. I do plan on doing some video editing as well.
    I'm also unsure on the PSU I want to be able to run SLI in the future and will be using two monitors here are the three that were recommended by Notarget:

I'd also appreciate any more input on the rest of the build .
    They're all good PSUs and all support SLI. Get whichever is the best deal at the time of buying, maybe you prefer one look over another etc.

Change the monitor to this:

Asus PB238Q 8-bit IPS, height, swivel and tilt adjustments, solid quality monitor. Well worth the extra cost.

You can ask Remilia from this thread he/she PM'd me and was happy with the choice

Get an i7 K series and overclock that biatch!
    This statement doesn't makes sense when you're promoting Shadowplay.

@OP unless the price difference is negligible just stick with the i5.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    This statement doesn't makes sense when you're promoting Shadowplay.

@OP unless the price difference is negligible just stick with the i5.
    If he's going to record, he's going to encode them videos. Make a loaded 10-20min video and you are looking at hours of just doing nothing because you can't really use your PC. Since that benefits a decent amount from moar threads.

This might be old but still applies:

239s on i5 and 218s on i7 that's like 9% faster on the old generation.

And almost twice as fast when you only have CPU rendering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    If he's going to record, he's going to encode them videos. Make a loaded 10-20min video and you are looking at hours of just doing nothing because you can't really use your PC. Since that benefits a decent amount from moar threads.
    I know the benefits of an i7-4770k. ~15-20% over an i5-4670k when it comes to rendering. So in 1 hour of rendering we are looking at saving ~10 min. if this is enough to offset the extra cost and he is rendering stuff daily by all means go for it. I just want him to realize the pros and cons before spending extra money.

From the money I'm saving from changing the 780ti to the 770 I thought it made sense to get the i7.

Here is the build now.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($289.89 Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($73.99 NCIX US)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($149.99 B&H)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($329.99 Newegg)
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($39.99 Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus PB238Q 23.0" Monitor ($193.58 Newegg)
    Total: $1367.39
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-01 02:41 EST-0500)

Deleted
    It makes sense to get the components that will best suit your needs, not pay an extra ~$80 because you paid less for your GPU. As long as you know what you're paying extra for and that it will little to no difference in your gaming experience then go for it, I'm not tryin to talk you out of buying it.

It's a very solid build.

The RAM is out of stock last I checked. Other RAM to consider:

Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 $50
    AVEXIR Core Series (Yellow LED) 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) $65 (LED's on the RAM)
    Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz $60

(Don't forget the PSU)

- - - Updated - - -

Latest deal on RAM:

Team Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 $48

I would also choose a case which has better airflow like this ones:

Full:
    http://www.coolermaster.com/product/...cosmos-se.html

Mid:
    http://www.coolermaster.com/product/...ies/cm693.html

Also a 24' monitor since there is no price difference really.

Then you can spend (If you want/need) your leftover money for mouse/keyboard.

My suggestions would be:

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-mamba
    http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyb...alker-ultimate

Once you go Razer you never go back.
    Last edited by Resike; 2013-12-02 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    ...Why would you pay $400 for a mouse and keyboard, when that money can be invested in a second SSD for saving recordings to?

However, I wouldn't argue with the Cooler Master 690 III, especially as on Newegg, it comes with the Seidon 120V AIO cooler. That would conceivably kill two birds with one stone, as the Seidon 120V. Considering the case is $90, that's $30 on the Seidon 120V, which is equivalent to the Seidon 120M is typically $60, isn't exactly a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    I know the benefits of an i7-4770k. ~15-20% over an i5-4670k when it comes to rendering. So in 1 hour of rendering we are looking at saving ~10 min. if this is enough to offset the extra cost and he is rendering stuff daily by all means go for it. I just want him to realize the pros and cons before spending extra money.
    Depends. In the U.S. at some stores you can often find the 4770k for as cheap as an I5 online. I got mine for 199 bucks which was the same price as the I5. BF4 is faster on a I7 then a I5. I expect that trend will continue. New open world Star Wars game in dev is Frostbite 3. ME is Frostbite 4. Planetside 2 just got optimized for 8 cores and that is the Everquest Next game engine. New dragon age is Frostbite 3. 8 threads is never bad (unless you are using the intel stock cooler lol). Look at the difference between a non hyperthread I3 and a hyperthread I3 in games. It is pretty big. Until now? games just didn't use 8 threads. Now will you ever actually need 8 threads to get 60 fps? Maybe not. If you are looking at a serious SLI setup on a high HZ monitor though? Then I7 can be very attractive.

Cons to a I7 though? They are usually higher binned chips and can oc higher then a I5 with hyper threading off. You can make multiple profiles for different games. I7 is never a bad choice, it just might not fit in your budget. If the price is close? You grab the I7 imo. Ask me this question 6 months ago? I would have said I5 all the way for gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by deathjester View Post
    Depends. In the U.S. at some stores you can often find the 4770k for as cheap as an I5 online. I got mine for 199 bucks which was the same price as the I5.
    No, you can't. You only got that for 199 because of Microcenter's Black Friday sale. If you consider once a year often, then sure.

BF4 is faster on a I7 then a I5.
    Nope.

http://www.techspot.com/review/734-b...rks/page6.html

Look at the difference between a non hyperthread I3 and a hyperthread I3 in games. It is pretty big.
    Nope. Every i3 has hyperthreading.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...select=desktop
    Last edited by glo; 2013-12-02 at 07:13 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics