Holy DPS in random BG's?

Thinking of returning to the game and leveling up a PvP-oriented holy priest. I have a question or two for the more-experienced priest community beforehand, however.

Assuming I stayed in the Chastise Chakra, gemmed/reforged to haste/crit, picked up Power Word: Solace, got all the appropriate glyphs etc etc you get the picture…. how big is the difference in damage compared to, say, a boomkin druid?

Obviously it wouldn't be competitive with a DPS spec of any class; that's not my concern. I want to heal and have nice survivability first and foremost(not as well as a pure healing build, but a hybrid of heals/damage). I'm thinking something along the lines of 20-30% less damage output than a DPS spec in PVP, but with the tradeoff of being able to heal others and survive extremely well compared to, say, an elemental shaman or something.

Anyone have any experience with this idea in 5.4 and only 5.4?

I don't expect to attain a high arena or rated BG rating, I'm more concerned about just having fun in random BG's and world PvP.

Disc has more potent damage due to Penance.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You will do more damage than Disc but less healing. Still, no where near the damage of a real dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    You will do more damage than Disc but less healing. Still, no where near the damage of a real dps.
    that's understood and expected, but any rough idea HOW much less damage?