Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    A little bit over the top, don't you think?
    The latency may be a little over the top, i must admit
    How you solved that remains a mystery to me though, I was quite certain that i had covered my post with enough reliable information to let this on slip!

Quote Originally Posted by Runningman View Post
    I remember it being a bug that necrotic strike wasn't affected by resi and fixed some while ago. But it does scale very nicely with strength so it could make up damage lost from other sources.
    Wasn't sure for myself a recently an tested it on dummy vs. player and it isn't affected by resilience and not affected by pvp power. If that fix didn't occur in the last few weeks it is still this way.

Deleted
    Ffs, is it so hard to apply a proper hotfix? The January one was pathetic and changed nothing to be honest.

It changed a lot. Pre-hotfix both frost and unholy were dead last. Now, unholy is middle of the pack and frost is, well, not dead last.

Deleted
    This thread makes me sad. Am I actually the only DK in the world who's happy with his class? We have some unique abilities that will make 1-3 of us useful for almost every fight (grip + instant stun / mass grip / AMZ) in a 20/25 man environment. It's the way we are designed. And if you play perfectly, you will never be (or were in any tier) the worst dps in your raid.

Coming from a high(ish) end DK playing the class since T7.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedda View Post
    more like dragon soul.

This thread makes me sad. Am I actually the only DK in the world who's happy with his class? We have some unique abilities that will make 1-3 of us useful for almost every fight (grip + instant stun / mass grip / AMZ) in a 20/25 man environment. It's the way we are designed. And if you play perfectly, you will never be (or were in any tier) the worst dps in your raid.

Honestly aside from fixing the subspecs and fixing our talent trees I am happy with the class. But what I'm not happy with is blizzards lack of concern for how poorly the class has done since wotlk ended. Yes we typically rock in the first tier but two expansions in a row of being awesome in the first tier to lackluster in the final tier(this is in comparison to other classes) is mind boggling and easily deserves questioning from the player base. It's to the point that if the WoD beta is as bad for us as MoP's(although it wasn't a disaster, just glaring issues made it through that led to us where we were through the expansion) I will probably just quit wow. The dk class is the only unique class in this game to me. I love the class and as a whole mechanically the class is fun and Im happy with it. Scaling issues as well as other glaring issues(talents, scaling, etc) need to be seriously addressed in the WoD beta.

if you play perfectly, you will never be (or were in any tier) the worst dps in your raid.
    This applies to every spec and is thus meaningless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    more like dragon soul.
    This is not my first/only DK (had 1 max level at WotLK, 2 at Cata, 3 at MoP).

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Honestly aside from fixing the subspecs and fixing our talent trees I am happy with the class. But what I'm not happy with is blizzards lack of concern for how poorly the class has done since wotlk ended. Yes we typically rock in the first tier but two expansions in a row of being awesome in the first tier to lackluster in the final tier(this is in comparison to other classes) is mind boggling and easily deserves questioning from the player base. It's to the point that if the WoD beta is as bad for us as MoP's(although it wasn't a disaster, just glaring issues made it through that led to us where we were through the expansion) I will probably just quit wow. The dk class is the only unique class in this game to me. I love the class and as a whole mechanically the class is fun and Im happy with it. Scaling issues as well as other glaring issues(talents, scaling, etc) need to be seriously addressed in the WoD beta.
    Please don't quit just because you won't be #1 in your raid. You can't expect that (even if you play perfectly) when there are 11 classes in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This applies to every spec and is thus meaningless.
    Then why do we even have this discussion? I'm not talking about 7/14 nh raids though.

Good god man, you have 5 DKs? Why?

The question you're asking is "why discuss spec balance when playing perfectly means you won't be dead last?" I think the answer to that is pretty clear, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Good god man, you have 5 DKs? Why?

The question you're asking is "why discuss spec balance when playing perfectly means you won't be dead last?" I think the answer to that is pretty clear, right?
    Love the class.

Of course every discussion about dps balance is fine. It's just hard to understand the whining when almost every DK in the top 100 guilds is doing rather fine while so many of the rest are ridiculously bad, therefore skewing the results that are being discussed in every thread like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I just really don't understand all people whining about dk's dps. Unholy is really great on some encounters (Garrosh, Jugg, Thok), solid middle-pack right now I'd like to say.

And as for me, I personally like getting free dps from ams-soaking, though it is supposed to be a def cd. It's kinda fun to get +dps from standing in some "magic-damage-shit-pools" ^^
    Last edited by Aerdil; 2014-02-11 at 03:29 AM.

This is not my first/only DK (had 1 max level at WotLK, 2 at Cata, 3 at MoP).

Please don't quit just because you won't be #1 in your raid. You can't expect that (even if you play perfectly) when there are 11 classes in the game.

Then why do we even have this discussion? I'm not talking about 7/14 nh raids though.
    I don't mind not being number 1. I just don't like blizzards half ass responses when it comes to dks. I just dont want to go through a third expansion where we watch every class surpass us greatly in the final tier due to terrible scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerdil View Post
    Well, I just really don't understand all people whining about dk's dps.
    Because before the recent buffs our dps was pretty dire.

If you put as much effort into almost any other class as you put into your dk you would have seen better results.

You are better than the other dps in your guild, your numbers do not represent overall class balance.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2014-02-11 at 07:37 AM.

My numbers in raid content seem to be on par with the end of the last two expansions. Blizzard seems to be on top of trying to keep DK DPS in the mix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Because before the recent buffs our dps was pretty dire.

If you put as much effort into almost any other class as you put into your dk you would have seen better results.

You are better than the other dps in your guild, your numbers do not represent overall class balance.
    They very much do, other classes are very good in insane situations, which is why some people just got INSAANE dps on certain fights. Some guilds make certain tacts that involves more stacking and more AoE or players scumbag dps to get the high deeps on certain fights. For example, if you check top dmg on Paragons you'll find a SHIT-TON of Feral druids, they're all scumbagging doing useless and pointless damage. They're good at stuff like that. In mixed fights with no scumbagging i don't think there is a MAJOR difference.
    Last edited by mmoc3c02903358; 2014-02-15 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    They very much do, other classes are very good in insane situations, which is why some people just got INSAANE dps on certain fights. Some guilds make certain tacts that involves more stacking and more AoE or players scumbag dps to get the high deeps on certain fights. For example, if you check top dmg on Paragons you'll find a SHIT-TON of Feral druids, they're all scumbagging doing useless and pointless damage. They're good at stuff like that. In mixed fights with no scumbagging i don't think there is a MAJOR difference.
    In that case you'd simply be wrong. There is a clear and demonstrable DPS difference between DKs and other classes, and this goes beyond "scumbag" damage (which really is what, paragons only that I can think of). Ye, some fights ST damage may be more useful than AoE damage (Heroic garrosh for example) but AoE damage is still useful.

Honestly, if you're topping charts on fights consistently this tier, your other members just suck.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2014-02-15 at 03:35 PM.

Yeah, DKs are underperforming pretty badly in single-target DPS right now. That wouldn't be such a problem if DKs didn't also happen to also be a melee class with low mobility and piss-poor raid utility. There just isn't a good reason to bring one if there's any choice in the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Yeah, DKs are underperforming pretty badly in single-target DPS right now. That wouldn't be such a problem if DKs didn't also happen to also be a melee class with low mobility and piss-poor raid utility. There just isn't a good reason to bring one if there's any choice in the matter.
    Well that isn't quite true. Our situational utility is great on certain fights. Just to name a few:

Heroic Siegecrafter. Chillblains+HB spam+Gorefiends+grip makes mines much easier. Group em up and AoE em down.

Heroic Garrosh. Gorefiends is amazing. Grip adds in p1 to keep them on tanks and stack em up. Grip adds in p3 so you can kite them. AMZ for iron star/whirling/desecrated/intermissions/malice.

That being said you can run 3 DPS warriors this tier easily, and you really don't want more than 2 DKs total.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Our situational utility is great on certain fights.
    That's part of the problem though, our situational utility is too situational.

I want utility that's decent most of the time, not great some of the time and worthless otherwise.