Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Well that isn't quite true. Our situational utility is great on certain fights. Just to name a few:

Heroic Siegecrafter. Chillblains+HB spam+Gorefiends+grip makes mines much easier. Group em up and AoE em down.

Heroic Garrosh. Gorefiends is amazing. Grip adds in p1 to keep them on tanks and stack em up. Grip adds in p3 so you can kite them. AMZ for iron star/whirling/desecrated/intermissions/malice.

That being said you can run 3 DPS warriors this tier easily, and you really don't want more than 2 DKs total.
    You'd be hard pressed to find any class without that sort of situational utility, though. The problem with DKs is that they have very little general raid utility (thinking along the lines of banners, as an example) and anything they bring situationally is something you'd only even need one or two DKS for, even in a 25-man environment. Anything beyond that just does nothing for the group.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2014-02-15 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    You'd be hard pressed to find any class without that sort of situational utility, though. The problem with DKs is that they have very little general raid utility (thinking along the lines of banners, as an example) and anything they bring situationally is something you'd only even need one or two DKS for, even in a 25-man environment. Anything beyond that just does nothing for the group.
    Well ye, that was my point. Great in some cases, but lack overall utility, and you really don't want more than 1-2. That's basically our state right now. The lack of utility is understandable if we had great DPS, although we do want utility too.

What I feel is that we are kinda a jack of all trades - meh on ST, meh on cleave, meh on AOE - not incredibly horrible on something and good at something else (in b4 spriests), just meh at everything. Mediocre burst and barely any meaning on controlling our resources. Filling GCDs and casting buffs on CD is all that matters, cause it's not like we can hold back some RP and dump it on a super strong attack or something like that, nor react to procs. Some may see this as a DK trait, but I just find it unrewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's also indicative of DPS DK issues that most/all I've seen are asking for major/significant changes for WoD, while other classes (warriors for example) are asking for very little to change, only a few QOL changes mainly. The class design is flawed at this point and could be fixed.

Less situational utility would be nice, but lots of classes have worse utility, both situational and general, than DKs. My primary concern is that we provide competitive middle of the pack DPS. If you can't provide competitive DPS nothing else matters, at best you're just a utility bitch, benched where your utility doesn't apply. Unholy does provide competitive DPS now. Frost does not.

People who saying we have nice utility just lol your mobility is just terrible compared everyone and your defensive raid cds is only good vs big explosion like iron star.
    The only difference we have is grip and aoe burst but moonkin have aoe burst too
    come check my stream 2.4k rating this season dk unh pve/pvp warlock,mage,rogue

www.twitch.tv/gabynator

Which is exactly why I have been saying that the class could benefit from some less situational utility.

Deleted
    Posting in an epic thread to commemorate the fact that clearly this is class scaling at fault and not player ability. Really though, why do you even play a class that you clearly do not enjoy playing? If you want the easy way to victory roll a rogue I see everybody complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    Posting in an epic thread to commemorate the fact that clearly this is class scaling at fault and not player ability. Really though, why do you even play a class that you clearly do not enjoy playing? If you want the easy way to victory roll a rogue I see everybody complaining about.
    I´d be pretty happy if they jus tweaked some small things and made our secondary stats synergize better with our abilities (like haste scaling for dots, make Obliterate 50/50 frost/pysical, Soul Reaper shadowfrost dmg etc. for example).

I dont want a revolution. I just dont want to be great at the start of WoD and go downhill from that for each patch.

I want to enjoy playing this class which means getting the issues fixed.

Death knights aren't far off being fine.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah me also very disappointed with DPS when playing.Some time i found some errors.

Quote Originally Posted by foonkinator View Post
    Hello all, Thanks for reading my post.....

My question to the Death knights is, Aren't you guys disappointed in the dps we are producing compared to other classes @ the iLvL555+ ? Right now IM an officer/raid leader in a 25 man 14/14 going into heroic guild. I have had no problems ranking on worldoflogs.com for Death knights in the Unholy and Frost DPS specs. But now since most of us are getting to the 565++ iLvL gear point...... IM really starting to see my numbers not change and other classes booming pass us. I really find this discouraging.

I consider myself a very very good Death knight since he has been my main since WoTLK and the fact that we are ranked like 20th overall for all DPS specs is really dishearten...... Anyone else feel this way?

Sorry my old sig -- heres my profile http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kinator/simple
    Well it could be worst you could be playing a game that unless your class is one of the top DPS class in the game no one wants you.... I been to a few of them already. Here is how it looks like.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum#BiS

or if you don by ilevel

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum#553

(PS: Next Priest and Paladins are going to come in here and say their DPS sucks worst and they need better dps)
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2014-02-19 at 04:29 PM.