Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    The Patient Quackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    316
    No, it's not. Moonkin is in a good place (comparatively speaking) right now. If a Moonkin is bad, it's likely because the guy controlling him is bad.

    Maybe post an armory link so we can take a look? Post some logs too if possible. I'm sure someone here can quickly figure out what you're doing wrong.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I am on the dummies with my 565 boomkin and I can confirm that I can do ~60k DPS with my cat abilities.

    http://i.imgur.com/JZZnod2.png?1

    Picture added. Look at my leet cat dps.
    Lmfao very nice!

  2. #62
    i've just recently specced my pvp resto drood into balance, and got full tyrannical gear, with only 2 pieces of grevious. i don't even have a the wep. so i sit in about 498 ilvl, specced for haste and crit, getting rid of as much mastery as i can. and i do about 30k dps in arena during my "burst" (can't rly call anything a burst since i don't have a /use trinket, and compared to other classes i can't find a real burst ability. like skull banner or avatar, or tigereye brew or w/e). this is coming from a real boomkin n00b, so how on earth can you do 30k on dummies? just for reference, i think i'm at 22% haste, 16% crit and 26% mastery (i'm not 100% sure, but it's got to be close :P)

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    "At ilvl 502 i struggle to break 30k, even on multi dotting i can just reach 50k, and thats with playing perfectly"

    So you're assuming you are playing the balance druid spec perfectly. Not managing to break 30k, I can assure you that you aren't.
    A lot of players nowadays tell me (as im the GM) "I can't do any more dps, i need the gear" cracks me up constantly, its very hard to achieve perfection, people these days...

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    What i meant was going to the dummies, dotting up and making sure nothing falls off and have been buffed with natures grace and corresponding eclipse (i think its called that haste buff):
    I can guarantee you'll get more numbers from dpsing a single dummie and pushing out as many actual casts of wrath/starfire and starsurge procs as possible as opposed to trying to micromanage your dots on as many target dummies as possible. AEing as a balance druid is tedious and difficult to master. When you're trying to keep 2 dots rolling on 4-5 targets that take up a gcd each, then you're going to be losing dps until you can get used to the basics.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    I can guarantee you'll get more numbers from dpsing a single dummie and pushing out as many actual casts of wrath/starfire and starsurge procs as possible as opposed to trying to micromanage your dots on as many target dummies as possible. AEing as a balance druid is tedious and difficult to master. When you're trying to keep 2 dots rolling on 4-5 targets that take up a gcd each, then you're going to be losing dps until you can get used to the basics.
    But.. Moonkins are good at multi dotting. Why not keep dots up?

  6. #66
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    off the forest
    Posts
    321
    30 K was 410 I lvl DPS in DS, at lvl 85.

  7. #67
    You cant really compare dps between addons and/or patches. especially not low(er) ilevel dps pre- and post 5.4.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Feydwin View Post
    My druid is at 540 ilvl, does 120k at simulationcraft, with the absolute min / maxed gems / enchants.

    Boomkins is very gear dependant. one example is the immerseus trinket increases my dps with 40k etc etc. so you people saying he's doing something horribly wrong.. He probably is. but he wont break the 100k.
    you are doing something wrong :S with your gear/stats

    i was doing 200k dps at that itemlvl

    it just doesn't make sense that you can't do more dps then that, what are your expectations of your boomkin? telling your guild to kill hc garrosh and finally gear you up for 580 itemlvl and then finally say your doing dps? 540 is full flex gear without legendary cloak. I guess your boomkin can't do Normal now or what? now i wonder what kind of itemlvl you wish to have before you can do normal? lets say full normal gear no itemupgrade no warforged so 553 itemlvl? that is only 13 more itemlvl, will you do sick dps now? don't think so.
    Last edited by Squirly; 2013-12-07 at 04:26 PM.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirly View Post
    you are doing something wrong :S with your gear/stats

    i was doing 200k dps at that itemlvl

    it just doesn't make sense that you can't do more dps then that, what are your expectations of your boomkin? telling your guild to kill hc garrosh and finally gear you up for 580 itemlvl and then finally say your doing dps? 540 is full flex gear without legendary cloak. I guess your boomkin can't do Normal now or what? now i wonder what kind of itemlvl you wish to have before you can do normal? lets say full normal gear no itemupgrade no warforged so 553 itemlvl? that is only 13 more itemlvl, will you do sick dps now? don't think so.
    Moonkins are very stat dependant. I went from 200k-> 250k by dropping an item lvl just because the stats were better. Still have no trinkets and 15% above hit cap though

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    30 K was 410 I lvl DPS in DS, at lvl 85.
    People dropped in dps when levelling to 90, you know that? Comparing last raiding tier gear with newly dinged gets you nowhere
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyeranth View Post
    Why dont we just have thrall and Malfurion whip it out and someone can measure and then we can be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    We know Deathwing's plan perfectly well.
    Bang Alexstrasza and Ysera
    Do lines of coke and have a bitchin' party for next ten thousand years

  10. #70
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    off the forest
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post

    Comparing last raiding tier gear with newly dinged gets you nowhere
    I disagree, but hey, who cares.

  11. #71
    Field Marshal Kromus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    93
    A somewhat interesting thread, if not only for the instant bashing of the poor OP, for some of the helpful posts.

    I raided my boomkin in ICC and start of Cata pushing server firsts in 10 man, and left it to wallow when I moved to my Warlock for the rest of Cata and MOP. With raiding cooling down, I've gone back and dinged the Druid 90, and to be honest forgot how much I loved it.

    There are some fights where I'm breaking 100k comfy, and some I'm not. I'll get an armoury link up later, but I'm not going mad on expensive enchants cause I just raid LFR now as most of my friends stopped playing. Although they are back, have to see about raiding.

    Legendary meta and cloak seem to be a big deal for Boomkin DPS to get decent numbers. For someone like me relatively fresh dinged, I couldn't be arsed spending weeks grinding it out, when I'm only in playing with scrubs in LFR.

  12. #72
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Feydwin View Post
    My druid is at 540 ilvl, does 120k at simulationcraft, with the absolute min / maxed gems / enchants.

    Boomkins is very gear dependant. one example is the immerseus trinket increases my dps with 40k etc etc. so you people saying he's doing something horribly wrong.. He probably is. but he wont break the 100k.
    Yeah, this is spot on - in fact I was just discussing this with a guildie about 20 minutes ago. Boomkin's are heavily geared dependant. I was struggling to break 120k DPS a couple of weeks ago, I've since gained the legendary cloak and the immerseus trinket and I'm now around 230k-240k DPS.

    The amp trinket from immerseus is sick for Boomkins and the legendary cloak simply allowed me the extra ilvl to comfortably reach the 10.2k haste break point, while also maintaining at least 8k crit rating, it seems to be a point where Balance DPS goes up significantly.

    Having said all of that, 30k seems a bit low for 502 ilevel (is that on the dummy, or are you talking in raids with buffs?)

  13. #73
    Field Marshal Kromus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Katallo View Post
    Yeah, this is spot on - in fact I was just discussing this with a guildie about 20 minutes ago. Boomkin's are heavily geared dependant. I was struggling to break 120k DPS a couple of weeks ago, I've since gained the legendary cloak and the immerseus trinket and I'm now around 230k-240k DPS.

    The amp trinket from immerseus is sick for Boomkins and the legendary cloak simply allowed me the extra ilvl to comfortably reach the 10.2k haste break point, while also maintaining at least 8k crit rating, it seems to be a point where Balance DPS goes up significantly.

    Having said all of that, 30k seems a bit low for 502 ilevel (is that on the dummy, or are you talking in raids with buffs?)
    I think the OP said he was hitting 30k on target dummies.

    As you said that 10k breakpoint seems to be crucial, and part of it is the cloak, which without you really won't hit that breakpoint without heroic level raiding imo. I'm happy enough with the boomkin at present, its always a fun rotation and class to play but like that being so gear dependant can be a bit of a pain. The thought of grinding out the cloak pains me during expansion wind down

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •