Crazy Theories, What Do You Think?

So I was reading the Old God's wiki page regarding their battle with the titans and I came across this line: "One by one, the Old Gods were defeated and sequestered, but from this great siege between the gods, the rumor of a Titan having fallen echoes across the ages." It makes me wonder what "fallen" really means. Does it mean seriously injured? Or perhaps is this the turning point where Sargeras' view of the universe flipped? Did he fall from a Titan to a Dark Titan when he departed from the Pantheon?
    I don't think the lore states whether or not Sargeras fought in this particular battle. It simply states that 'titans' or 'the travelers' invaded Azeroth, including minions like the Mogu

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the case of Sargeras his "falling" was pretty much severe depression. At first he just left the pantheon to travel on his own. They might be Titans but they obviously have emotions. That is what got to Sargeras.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    i don't think its about sargeras, i just think it means a titan died personally.

it wouldn't exactly be 'rumoured' that sargeras had fallen because well, its not a rumour and everyone knows its true

Well it was over a gradual amount of time, but eventually at some point he did leave and that was the start of his falling. It would seem to me quite possible that Sargeras fought with the other Titans on Azeroth against the Old Gods, insprisoned them, set up/repaired their facilities (ie, Uldum), and sometime during that timeframe, Sargeras had left. He was already on the path, and the battle with the Old Gods was the tipping point and he departed. None of the Dragon Aspects received a blessing from Sargeras, while Eonar gave blessings to 2 aspects. Perhaps he left before the Dragon Aspects were a "thing" and blessed by the Aspects?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    i don't think its about sargeras, i just think it means a titan died personally.
    it wouldn't exactly be 'rumoured' that sargeras had fallen because well, its not a rumour and everyone knows its true
    Is it "rumoured" though? I don't think so. The story of the fallen Titan comes from the Prophecy of C'thun, which details his resurrection from this battle with a Titan, while it is uncertain whether the Titan was vanquished, but he/she did fall. So the "falling" is for certain while "vanquished" is uncertain..there is no 'rumour' here
    Last edited by Seabass123; 2013-11-30 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Adding a reply to Tanzlee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabass123 View Post
    Well it was over a gradual amount of time, but eventually at some point he did leave and that was the start of his falling. It would seem to me quite possible that Sargeras fought with the other Titans on Azeroth against the Old Gods, insprisoned them, set up/repaired their facilities (ie, Uldum), and sometime during that timeframe, Sargeras had left. He was already on the path, and the battle with the Old Gods was the tipping point and he departed. None of the Dragon Aspects received a blessing from Sargeras, while Eonar gave blessings to 2 aspects. Perhaps he left before the Dragon Aspects were a "thing" and blessed by the Aspects?

Is it "rumoured" though? I don't think so. The story of the fallen Titan comes from the Prophecy of C'thun, which details his resurrection from this battle with a Titan, while it is uncertain whether the Titan was vanquished, but he/she did fall. So the "falling" is for certain while "vanquished" is uncertain..there is no 'rumour' here
    yes read the quote the op posted. "the rumour of a titan having fallen echoes across the ages"

and Sargeras has never set foot on azeroth, he was corrupted before the pantheon started forging the world. the closest he came was during the war of the ancients when he nearly stepped out of the portal