Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhance dps - wtf?

I just did ordos and some 566 enhance shaman just pumped out 575k dps (bursted for well over a million) by the end of the fight. How in the heck is this possible? Frost is #1 ranked and I've never seen that kind of dps from frost or any other class.

Deleted
    You can cheese dps on the ordos island using the special buffs given by the celestial altars + the buff items that drop from mobs. It's not an accurate representation of the class, I've seen ferals do it reaching 1.2m dps

oh wow i didn't think of that. i asked him about it and he just went off about how good he was...lmao

Short fight duration+ celestial shrine buff+ special item buff

Our enh shaman bursts easily 1.1m during pull and sits on almost 500k dps first 2 minutes. Hero/Lust + Fire ele is just insane :<

Deleted
    Our single target and burst are pretty sweet yeah
    I'd say Ferals have it better though

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naa Ferals relay more on procs then we do imo but when they get it ..hard to keep up , but ye 1.2mill is what i usualy start out at

I don't think anyone bursts higher than enhance atm, in between CD's our dps is sub-par, but that makes sense. I've bursted well over 1.6 mil before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    I just did ordos and some 566 enhance shaman just pumped out 575k dps (bursted for well over a million) by the end of the fight. How in the heck is this possible? Frost is #1 ranked and I've never seen that kind of dps from frost or any other class.

rofl yeah, with Chi-ji buff, the stat book buff, and various other buffs around the isle getting retarded numbers is easy
    not that 1.5 mill is entirely impressive @ that ilvl
    also frost isnt ranked one for anything o.O
    Last edited by Felocity; 2013-11-29 at 01:29 AM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    rofl yeah, with Chi-ji buff, the stat book buff, and various other buffs around the isle getting retarded numbers is easy

also frost isnt ranked one for anything o.O
    He's talking about Simcraft.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

My record burst (according to Wowlogs) is 1,73M @ top. Kinda insane but I liked the good old days when we were the steady dps class . Every1 bursting the shit out of the boss and at the end of the run u were first coz ur steady DPS was insane :P

Deleted
    Enhance burst IS insane with GFE.
    But, with all the buffs up, like Yu'lon / Chi'ji, 5%stat and the 3 other buffs..
    If all the DPS are doing 3-400K the fight will be shot, which means more uptime on trinkets, hero, potion, elemental etc etc.
    So, its great DPS. But it aint worth a post

Ive no idea, what you are talking about when you say Frost is no.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Enhance burst IS insane with GFE.
    But, with all the buffs up, like Yu'lon / Chi'ji, 5%stat and the 3 other buffs..
    If all the DPS are doing 3-400K the fight will be shot, which means more uptime on trinkets, hero, potion, elemental etc etc.
    So, its great DPS. But it aint worth a post

Ive no idea, what you are talking about when you say Frost is no.1 ?
    He probably means ranked 1. http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum#553

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    As others have stated he probably was buffed to high hell.

On a side note, our burst is so ridiculously high because over the course of a boss fight we need to do competitive damage versus other classes who have executes.
    While we enhance shamans sit comfortably at the top of the pack during our initial cd's, we should technically lose out to the majority of execute classes, specially when paired with multiple health pools like Garrosh or any fight that has adds on it.
    Last edited by mmoc5c1a342858; 2013-11-29 at 11:07 AM.

enhancement can deals dps, but 500k+ is bad. id seen every other class with 800k+ (warlocks 1,4m). You cannot believe it but enhancement is still the weakest dps class in the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzaa View Post
    enhancement can deals dps, but 500k+ is bad. id seen every other class with 800k+ (warlocks 1,4m). You cannot believe it but enhancement is still the weakest dps class in the game
    Uhhh, nope.

You're either not competitive, or don't have a max level shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzaa View Post
    Not sure where you are making that inference from? Most enhance shamans have been quite happy with their current dps. It is actually one of the more consistent dps classes right now, not to mention the great group buffs that they provide!

My 540ilvl affliction lock can cheese over 500k dps on ordos with the Island buff tokens pretty easy.. Not to mention enhance has the best burst damage in the game, hands down.

Frost isnt even top 5 in dps across any difficultly, I'm not sure where you are getting your numbers from.
    Last edited by Bremmon; 2013-11-29 at 03:56 PM.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Quote Originally Posted by Switchshot View Post
    Not sure where you are making that inference from? Most enhance shamans have been quite happy with their current dps. It is actually one of the more consistent dps classes right now, not to mention the great group buffs that they provide!

consistent dps? yes its true, but what is at heroic 10+25 when you need to move? the class mechanic is broken. (everybody know that melees arent the best since a long time ago but look at rogues (example)

15+ Year Old Account
    Both Elemental and Enhancement Shamans have huge burts at the start of the fights. The same goes for Balance Druids. However, that comes at a cost of slightly less amazing stable dps (not sure about Shamans but as Balance, keeping high constant dps is challenging if you aren't able to stand still).