Proffesions for a Resto Shaman?

Hey,

I just leveled my resto shaman for guild alt SOO raids, What professions are the most effective and performance enhancing ??

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post
    Hey,

I just leveled my resto shaman for guild alt SOO raids, What professions are the most effective and performance enhancing ??
    It depends on what you want to do with stat priority. If you are going to stack INT over say Spirit or Crit, it doesn't matter that much, because all crafting professions give you the same INT gain. However, if you want stat flexibility, both now and down the road, Blacksmithing is the clear #1 profession, because you can choose whatever stat you want to get as your stat gain, and get secondary stats at a 2:1 ratio. Some other professions like JC let you get secondary stat gains, but only at a 1.5:1 or 1:1 ratio, whereas BS lets you take Spirit, Crit, Haste or Mastery at a 2:1 ratio to INT.

For the second profession, I would probably go with either Alchemy or Engineering. Alchemy lets you choose between a Spirit or INT profession bonus (using an INT flask is 1320 INT instead of 1000 or a SPI flask is 1480 SPI instead of 1000). It also gives you cheaper mana potions that also work as a health stone on top of the 1 hour flasks. Engineering is nice, both because the on use lets you line up the INT on use with cooldowns/burst. Rocket boots are also an amazing tool to have in raids, especially for a class that doesn't really have a sprint option of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    It depends on what you want to do with stat priority. If you are going to stack INT over say Spirit or Crit, it doesn't matter that much, because all crafting professions give you the same INT gain. However, if you want stat flexibility, both now and down the road, Blacksmithing is the clear #1 profession, because you can choose whatever stat you want to get as your stat gain, and get secondary stats at a 2:1 ratio. Some other professions like JC let you get secondary stat gains, but only at a 1.5:1 or 1:1 ratio, whereas BS lets you take Spirit, Crit, Haste or Mastery at a 2:1 ratio to INT.

For the second profession, I would probably go with either Alchemy or Engineering. Alchemy lets you choose between a Spirit or INT profession bonus (using an INT flask is 1320 INT instead of 1000 or a SPI flask is 1480 SPI instead of 1000). It also gives you cheaper mana potions that also work as a health stone on top of the 1 hour flasks. Engineering is nice, both because the on use lets you line up the INT on use with cooldowns/burst. Rocket boots are also an amazing tool to have in raids, especially for a class that doesn't really have a sprint option of any kind.
    thank you for the answer