Too many alts, too little time

So with the release of MoP, I began leveling some of my current alts as well as making new ones. At this point in time, I have these classes at level 90: Shaman, hunter, paladin, monk, warrior, warlock, mage and druid.

I have played a paladin since vanilla, but I got so sick of the class in MoP. I jumped back on my pala a few months ago as holy. It was really fun learning the new class mechanics again, but there are so many other alts that I can play too. While it's fun to jump back and forth between classes and learning how they work, it's also really frustrating at times (especially when it comes to the legendary quest chain). I tend to stick to a character for about a month learning one certain spec, gearing up and then I reach a spot where I get bored of the character. I think the reason why I do it is because I don't have the time for organised raiding even though I love taking part in raids (through LFR, pugging etc.)

For the last week or two, I have been capping on 3-4 characters as well as doing SoO LFR 1-4 and there is no way I will keep doing that. When WoD comes out, I want to prepared to level 1 character to 100 and sticking to that class. So do you have any suggestions on how I can make this decision?

Don't.

Don't restrict yourself, you'll only break the restriction anyway.

If you try and stick to one class you'll only get sick of it - I know, I'm an altoholic, have been since the game was released and have never managed to stick with one character for more than a couple of months. Even when I make the decision to try and stay with one it never lasts for long and I only end up feeling worse about myself - feeling that I'm restricting myself instead of just relaxing and enjoying the game.

It's far too early to be thinking of sticking to one class in WoD anyway - by the time it comes out you may already be sick of that class and onto your 4 or 5th different character. Just play the one you feel like playing and let it come naturally.

Don't fight it. Play what you enjoy, when you enjoy it. I've not had a main since vanilla, and while it means I miss out on some things since I can't tunnel focus, it also prevents burnout. Granted, I'm not a raider (since vanilla - interesting how that works) beyond LFR/pugs, but sounds like you are in the same boat. There is no reason you need to limit yourself to one character unless you plan to move beyond that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Audox View Post
    So do you have any suggestions on how I can make this decision?
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?

Deleted
    Not really. I have levelled ~13 characters to lvl 90. Not only that. During Wotlk I went ICC with at least 3 of those every week - in a pug (some of them very time consuming). That said I know how it feels like to put a lot of time into the game and at the end it's for gear you will throw away with the next expansion anyway.
    So I stick to one character which was my first one - which I enjoy playing. I raid on my mage - and do not do much more than that really. If I want to go LFR/flex I do that on an alt to have a change In that case I play what I want to play in that very hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    Don't.

Don't restrict yourself, you'll only break the restriction anyway.

If you try and stick to one class you'll only get sick of it - I know, I'm an altoholic, have been since the game was released and have never managed to stick with one character for more than a couple of months. Even when I make the decision to try and stay with one it never lasts for long and I only end up feeling worse about myself - feeling that I'm restricting myself instead of just relaxing and enjoying the game.

It's far too early to be thinking of sticking to one class in WoD anyway - by the time it comes out you may already be sick of that class and onto your 4 or 5th different character. Just play the one you feel like playing and let it come naturally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    Don't fight it. Play what you enjoy, when you enjoy it. I've not had a main since vanilla, and while it means I miss out on some things since I can't tunnel focus, it also prevents burnout. Granted, I'm not a raider (since vanilla - interesting how that works) beyond LFR/pugs, but sounds like you are in the same boat. There is no reason you need to limit yourself to one character unless you plan to move beyond that.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have a lot of fun playing many classes and it's exciting to have the ability to switch it up when I want to. But it's so frustrating at times and I don't know why! I get the feeling of missing out on things like the legendary quest and progression. I have no idea why that bothers me so much, though.

Lots of good advice here. Just remember that it's your playtime and only you should decide how to spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Audox View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. I have a lot of fun playing many classes and it's exciting to have the ability to switch it up when I want to. But it's so frustrating at times and I don't know why! I get the feeling of missing out on things like the legendary quest and progression. I have no idea why that bothers me so much, though.
    At the end of the day it's your choice, you have to decide yourself whether you value the progression/legendary more or the change in playstyle.

Have you considered a Warlock or a hybrid class where you can change your playstyle constantly yet play the same character?