10+ Year Old Account

Zangarmarsh in real life

Like many of you, I follow the page "I fucking love science" on facebook. This caught my eye, had a quick read through the link and sounded pretty cool. Obviously it reminded me of Zangarmarsh instantly. What the article says isn't set in stone exactly (well, excluding the fossil was for millions of years...) and there's no confirmation they were giant shrooms but there appears to be some thought about it. Seems pretty cool to me, thought you guys might like it

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/smar...ant-mushrooms/
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I read this last night, definitely an awesome read and if there were a real life Zangarmarsh, I sure as shit would want to see it.

Hmm - doesnt mushrooms leech off of others? How can it grow so large with so little other biomass?

Deleted
    Malaria...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Hmm - doesnt mushrooms leech off of others? How can it grow so large with so little other biomass?
    Thinking back to A level Biology now so like 2 years, if these things were as large as they were then Saprotrophic Nutrition probably played a role. Due to the low Surface Area : Volume ratio it wouldn't have possibly been the main source of nutrition. Maybe it was carnivorous...? Also the possibility that multiple mushrooms were connected in the same way that giant one is that covers 2200 acres or something ridiculous - a huge connected network.

There's also nothing to say that these fungi looked anything like what we would imagine when we think of fungi today, especially large ones. They could have been a rather different structure, it's like 400million years ago this is estimated to have been, and evolution will have changed things quite a bit.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted

life is so unfair... why can't this shit be around now? it's just not fair >: (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    life is so unfair... why can't this shit be around now? it's just not fair >: (
    Because if it was, you probably wouldn't be here

Deleted

A reconstruction image of a follow up article.
    Not looking like mushrooms we think of at least

10+ Year Old Account
    How phallic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine those shrooms having psychedelic effects how yummi.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.