Odd external HDD malfunction

So my Seagate external HDD decided to "malfunction" tonight, out of the blue. Was browsing the net when I heard the "device disconnected" sound from Windows, and then when I tried to save an image, I noticed my external HDD wasn't showing up anymore.

I shrugged and plugged it into another USB port, but then Windows told me that the device has malfunctioned and it could not install drivers. I tried plugging it into other USB ports after that, and the power light did come on, but the computer did not detect it.

Panicked, I took it to my brother's Mac and plugged it in, though it worked fine there, so I was quite relieved. After rebooting my computer (during which it decided to install 10 Windows updates and a Service Pack), it worked fine again.

Looking at the Event Log, I found this:

Should I be worried? I've had it for a little over a year now, and it hasn't had any other errors or issues at all. I don't really move it or touch it at all, it just sits on top of my computer case, plugged into one of the back USB ports.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2013-12-01 at 02:43 AM.