Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What do you people that don't like TI propose? Dailies are no better.

Way better than nerfing stuff. Best idea ever!!!

Deleted
    So it's already starting?
    Few months ago: Fuck dailies, I'm tired of this shit it's stupid, remove dailies!
    Now: TI is peace of crap, fuck TI, dailies are better.

So what you want then, make your mind one time lol.

I find the Timeless Isle to be a decent way to gear alts, but for me it is also tremendously boring. The story attached to it has potential, but it just doesn't seem to go anywhere. It feels like it was only partially finished/implimented.

Quote Originally Posted by FBWA View Post
    Biggest turd ever Laid? I take it you never have played friday the 13th on NES?
    Or the ET game that did so badly I think they buried unsold copies in the desert lol.

edit, yep: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If you bathe your motherboard in the blood of 20 chickens during the first full moon after the equinox, the WoW gods will shower you with many loots.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    What do you people that don't like TI propose? Dailies are no better.
    All 3 of these Patch 5.1 Daily Quests and Storyline, Patch 5.2 Isle of Thunder Daily Quests and Solo Scenarios, Patch 5.3 Barrens Weekly Quest and Events were done very well with minimal dailies or quests to complete them. Timesink Isle is boring after the first day, not much left to do other than just grind rares and coins. I prefer at least some storyline concept. Endless riding around an island farming gear tokens and coins is not going to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    So it's already starting?
    Few months ago: Fuck dailies, I'm tired of this shit it's stupid, remove dailies!
    Now: TI is peace of crap, fuck TI, dailies are better.

So what you want then, make your mind one time lol.
    5.0 was way to much dailies, or I should say the whole Golden Lotus grind to revered to open up two other reps was just not the right concept to go with. From 5.1 to 5.3 were a nice mix of both dailies, quest, and rare grinding, plus they had a storyline to go with them to boot. These concepts should be the ones used going forward, not the boring Timesink Isle one.

Deleted
    @OP: you will ENJOY WoD - TI made into a WHOLE continent

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily one of the best places added in regards to gearing up, actually didn't mind gearing up on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I don't mind the harmless ones, like the PvZ clone. Absolutely, in no way, mandatory.

Now, the mandatory ones (farmville...) I have a problem with. I understand it's cute to put a throwback to another game in, but don't make me do it every day to keep up on my raiding mats.
    But you don't have to do that either. You can herb them old fashion way or just buy of AH. The old fashion way is still there if you chose. I myself use the farm but most of my guildies don't and they don't have problems with their raiding mats. Not to mention that if I don't have time particular day I skip it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I prefer dailies. I haven't been subbed since 5.3 because barrens sucked, and ti just seemed boring after a couple hours so why bother? No direction plus stupid endless grinds, no thank you. At least with dailies I can do it on my own pace and the grind doesn't feel impossibly long.
    In my opinion Timeless Isle gives you more in the way of setting your own pace.... With dailies you could only do X per day and then had to come back the next day. Now you can skip a day if you like and compensate for it another time.... that's more freedom in setting pace in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    In my opinion Timeless Isle gives you more in the way of setting your own pace.... With dailies you could only do X per day and then had to come back the next day. Now you can skip a day if you like and compensate for it another time.... that's more freedom in setting pace in my opinion.
    Why couldn't you do this with dailies? I often skipped a day or two and yet completed all of them just fine.
    edit: nvm, got now what you mean about compensating more another day. Forget my post =P
    Last edited by Thorios; 2013-12-03 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    ... I would at least depend on the RNG gods in the LFR to drop a piece of gear. Seriously I am not that lazy that I can't get off my own butt and at least queue for a raid or go into one.
    So? Why not let others get it on Timeless Isle, if they don't like LFR (wouldn't ever call farming/grinding lazy tbh)

I am still having a hard time believing Blizzard wants to continue this concept and calls it a success...
    Have you seen the poll on MMO, it was done twice and both times Timeless Isle had a whopping 50% of people choosing it as favorte patch.

I admit having to do all those dailies in 5.0 really burnt me out, but I enjoy doing dailies while waiting on a queue to pop for a dungeon or the LFR. It really makes the time fly much faster and they are an easy means of gold or the charms, since it seems they are staying in the game. Timeless Isle is for the really lazy people or the mindless people that just like the constant grinding. It serves little purpose in advancing the game or the storyline. It just a place to grind coins for mounts and gear tokens, as well as grind one meaningless rep that has no purpose than being able to buy a mount and pet. This is just boring after the first day, even getting a chance at a piece of 553 or warforge gear is not enough of a reason for me to bother to go over there.
    Yeah, and doing a LFR (which is not lazy in your opinion) is actually progressing the story??? Get real. ENdgame MMORPG is basically always a grind fest, be it farming raids or farming stuff. Personally I like the Isle and hope they expand on the idea. You can just go about and do your stuff and discover things along they way. Which is fun, as opposed to going into the mine and killing stuff for days/weeks in a row. I actually don't mind doing the occasional grind on Timeless Isle while I disliked doing dailies and feeling I had to do them.... This si so much more freedom, and I totally disagree with almost everything you said.

Please Blizzard at least stretch the imagination a bit further than doing some more of this lazy design concept.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorios View Post
    Why couldn't you do this with dailies? I often skipped a day or two and yet completed all of them just fine.
    Well, not me personally, but I know a lot of people that was afraid to 'fall behind'. DOn't forget there was decent gear to be had from the reputations. If there is no more gear or anything that helps you as a character in the game, then the pressure is off. BUt as long as you can get gear, enchantments or whatever that improve your toon, people will feel like they need to keep up and log in every day.

Quote Originally Posted by saidolol View Post
    gank your own faction, what not to like?
    OMG, really? I resub immediately.

I see no reason why they can't do Timeless Isle style content along with dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Well, not me personally, but I know a lot of people that was afraid to 'fall behind'. DOn't forget there was decent gear to be had from the reputations. If there is no more gear or anything that helps you as a character in the game, then the pressure is off. BUt as long as you can get gear, enchantments or whatever that improve your toon, people will feel like they need to keep up and log in every day.
    I think that's the issue here. TI is about catch up, Dailies were about gear up. Put dailies as catch up and there'd be much less opposition; make TI about genuine gear up and people would be going insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And the poll on the frontpage would agree with the people who defend TI. Mind: This on a forum where people are rather critical about anything new Blizzard tries.

Results to that poll are very similar to what they were when TI was released, with ToT a second in favor of the voters.
    Well, eh. As usual I'm neither really defending it or attacking it. There were parts of it I enjoyed and other parts that were more annoying than anything. I'm assuming that's by design as Blizzard clearly saw this as a testbed for something and a first pass at trying something different from the usual thing. As catch up for new 90's the mobs are a bit too steep unless you know what you're doing. That said, I think it's better for gearing alts than for giving mains anything to do. And like any zone that's designed like that, from the player's perspective a few will dislike it genuinely, a few will like everything on it and the vast majority will be somewhere inbetween: enjoying pieces of it and avoiding other parts of it. That seems to me to be pretty much as it should be.

No surprise, I'm discounting a lot of what I'm reading about how terrible it is because quite a bit of it is from player's whom I know have already quit and have no idea what they're talking about and from those who either hate everything or feel the need to defend absolutely everything. So maybe a B- or a C+ from me.

The changes I would have made would have been to enlarge it a bit and more carefully delineate where easier mobs are versus where more difficult mobs are--mainly by mixing in elites and rares in higher density--so that if you wanted to gear up there would have been something of a mild ramp in difficulty from one end of the island to the other. I think I would have liked it more if there were just a few more optional dailies or something there.

I still go out there every week or so just to basically go hunting and kill things. It's fun enough and an interesting experiment but not really a big deal to me. And maybe that's how it should be as the raid was the big thing in the patch. If you're in the mood to simply hunt and kill things--a once in a while thing for me--it's a pretty good place to be.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-12-03 at 05:55 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Worst idea ever? Fairly new to the MMO genre are we?

Seriously...people are actually asking for dailies?

Holy fuck hell no. They made me quit for 6 months. Only came back towards the end of ToT. No dailies. Seriously.

Timeless Isle is fun. If you don't spend 80% of your time on it. I usually go there once a week to do the dailies to get valor capped, and to kill the world bosses. I usually end up staying a bit more to do some world pvp. Farm some blood coins or just kill coin farmers.

Now if you spend there 3 hours a day, I can see it becoming tedious.

Timeless Isle is actually fun. One of the only 2 fun quest areas created in MoP (the other being Krasarang, Alliance/Horde tug of war).

Blizzard just needs to plan a sequential/alternating series of changes to spawns and drops to keep a sandbox zone like this fresh -- Timeless Isle was built to last about a month and it succeeded. Longevity's just a matter of design.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post

I produced a Machinima video on Timeless Isle a few months ago. I intended it to be an overly exaggerated parody. Little did I realize, I wasn't far off the mark.

Oh my.

This should be featured as a "how to publicly embarass yourself" tutorial.