Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
LastLast
  1. #341
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    188
    Timeles Isle was a good idea. It could use a few adjustments but overall I really liked the concept.

  2. #342
    I really hope WoD is like a continent sized Timeless Isle with quests mixed in. It might actually be *gasp*, fun.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Wall of text!
    Thing X is the worst idea created in any game ever!

    Seriously though, your extreme use of hyperbole in your title does not garner any sympathy to your cause...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

  4. #344
    You are not supposed to do everything in this game, it sound silly when someone is complaining that he has more content than he can handle (maby this was not your point, but it definately sounded like that)

  5. #345
    I believe the timeless isle completed what it was intended for, though I had little need for the isle myself I can imagine others that did. I do look forward to the implementation of the system they plan on doing in WoD that combines it and other systems into one.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

  6. #346
    Have u heart of next xpac tht is totaly tied to time stuff? Timeless isle happened for a reason, exacly becouse of the lore.

  7. #347
    IMO

    pros:
    -great place to get your "ilvl429" alt up to a gear level where it can start getting useful
    -lots of people is kinda social
    -unless you are at a very high itemlevel, and the rep grind is complete, there is always something useful to do
    -two different world bosses you can do while waiting for LFR

    cons:
    -rep farming firecows is a lot of work for only a mount and a disguise item or something
    -you need addons to be able to seek out rares for some time before getting to know the island. I know that it's part of the game learning the spawn places, but everyone just "cheats" with an addon anyway, so why not make it a little more visible to people where they spawn.
    -That "kill your own faction"-item is imo the worst thing about the island. Happens often that a grp of players with good gear camps the gy, they don't even care about the coins, only to kill some poor alts trying to get some pve-candy. They go friendly if they die, right? They should be hostile to everything for an hour after using that item.
    Mother pus bucket!

  8. #348
    Stood in the Fire wholockian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    world's shittiest country
    Posts
    433
    timeless isle is great and your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

    I am an altoholic, but never got toons past 30. I am trying to refine my ways.

  9. #349
    I still don't understand why people don't understand. This is the only grind place in MoP. It's not fair to have 10 daily hubs and 0 grind areas. 9 daily hubs and 1 grind area is something I think all daily lovers should accept since the people who like grinds should have a bit of fun too.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I still don't understand why people don't understand. This is the only grind place in MoP. It's not fair to have 10 daily hubs and 0 grind areas. 9 daily hubs and 1 grind area is something I think all daily lovers should accept since the people who like grinds should have a bit of fun too.
    Grind for what ?! Seriously, tell me what the fuck is so worthy of grind in Timeless Isle. The ONLY thing I could understand is the 535 token items, which anyone who doesn't log once per week should have any need of right now.

  11. #351
    Love the isle, had a blast there and hope they do something like this for every expansion.

  12. #352
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,549
    Gotta agree with OP. TI is terrible, to the extent OP even rants about. I DID like IoT, that just seemed bigger and more interesting. I luv'd SoO - so the raid that came in 5.4 is awesome, but the questing/casual content of TI - is just a big laid turd.

  13. #353
    You know what's so great about a game full of choices, you can choose not to go to timeless isle.

  14. #354
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    7th Layer of Hell
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi!

    I just had it now with this island and wanted to see if anyone out there would agree that this is the by far worst idea Blizzard ever had. Some people like this island but personally I truly hate it. I want a stronger word then hate, because I hated Isle of Thunder too, but this is literally ten times worse. I'm gonna state some reasons to see if anyone agree with me. I should say that more or less also played this game since launch actively and engaged in everything the game has to offer. Please read thoroughly before you reply.


    The idea of Timeless

    The main idea of this island was to implement an island with a common new reward system, with so called Timeless Coins which was obtainable from different sources. The idea sounded, well decent I guess, but they failed miserably. The amount of time it takes to get some coins is not the problem. But the problem is that is basically Nothing to buy that has any value. You can buy the 496 gear but they also drop everywhere and some are even guaranteed from some chests. I never bought one single item from the shop, yet all my alts have full 496 gear (those who needed it) for both MS and OS and I constantly now vendor these. So to sell these tokens for coins seems kinda unnecessary. You can also buy the 535 item, Burden of Eternity, but it cost 50 thousand coins. To get 50 thousand coins takes a long time, and who in their right mind would grind 50 thousand coins rather then go for Raid Finder of Flex. What were they thinking... The only other things you can buy, which was the only items I cared for was One single pet, One single mount and a teleport trinket. And they all required reputation that takes forever to grind. In conclusion, worthless currency, which was boring to grind and by far not worth the effort.

    Supports the lazy and the bad
    I should say more about those 496 items. They are really easy to obtain. There are over 30 small chests and a few bigger chest which has a very high chance of containing them. The chests are not account wide so you can visit with all your chars and claim lots and lots of those gears. They are also account bound so you can simply send them to your alts as well. "Nice free epics" some might think. But one of the biggest problems this game has had since around WotLK is that it caters to the lazy and the bad instead of the dedicated and the good. People will never get better if they don't face any challenge. They will never get better if they are not forced to learn. They will never enjoy the game before they are getting better. If they don't enjoy the game, they will un-sub and this game will loose more subscribers. Blizzard has the very wrong tactic here. They think that handing out free stuff, like these items, LFR, Scenario loot, which is easy loot, is the solution. It is not. If anything, it should be harder to get loot with more patches, not easier. Right now, old tiers are dying because no one need them. And seriously, if you ONLY fly to an island and loot some chest for your gear. How can you gain any skill or knowledge. Free gear comes with no experience. That means that bad and lazy people will be more common and spread to other areas in the game. There is a reason LFR sucks beyond belief. Those players never learned the game cause they never HAD to. This island makes ANYONE regardless how inexperienced or bad they are to access more parts of they game. This is not good for them either. Since they will just be hated and suck, they won't enjoy the game and they quit. Adding 496 item level gear (which also has terrible stats) was a huge fail from Blizzard.

    "Huolon 100%... Houlon dead"

    Second is the rare mobs. Why was it necessary to add so many? Isle of Thunder had many problems, like awful terrain and way, way, way too many mobs who dazed you wherever you went. But at least they had a decent amount of rares. Here its 20+ and they are spread. You might think that is nice, something should always be up, but NO. They never drop anything for the achievement "Going to need a bigger bag" and they barely drop any of the 496 gear, therefore, they are always wanted. There is always someone camping them (on medium/high realms at least) so they are basically never up more then a few seconds. You spend almost your entire time on this island running between dead rares. It's just ridiculously boring to run between corpses with no rewards for it either if you manage to reach them.

    This place sucks...

    Thirdly is the terrain and design. What were they seriously thinking when they placed out the mobs. The grass area has more tigers then it actually has grass. Can you go anywhere without aggroing something? Doubt it. Not to mention the cranes or other mobs. How hard is programming a flexible world, which increase number of spawned enemies depending on how many people that are near that area. Many people are on the island but almost no one kills random mobs so the numbers stay crazy high. And also the terrain. The trail up to Ordos Sanctuary is a joke. Fall down and you have to run a mile to get back up. It's a minor point I know, but I just think it could have been more accessible. Also the tauren enemies of Ordos wander the roads and guard entryways. Whatever happened to "If you follow a road you are less likely to encounter monsters"?...

    ...and you never leave it
    Next and most importantly is the never, ever, ever, ever, ever ending grinds. People said they missed Vanilla grinds but Blizzard took that to literal and added useless grinds that I doubt many like. If you are an achievement hunter or just interested in doing as much as possible in game or feel the need to do the grinds for any other reason, you will have a bad time doing so. Why are they adding things that no one could find fun? Grinds are worthless unless they are meaningful. Linear, repetitive and boring grinds like the ones on the island are completely worthless. I speak of many. I do not count grinding timeless coins because you can never be "done" with it really. I mean grinds you can complete. Fire Watcher, which require you to get 2000 Bloody Coins is one of them. What is this, seriously. Blizzard turn you against your allies. Whatever happened to the community of the game? Whatever happened to playing together? Whatever happened to Alliance versus Horde? This is against Everything WoW should be. And worst of all, it takes countless hours of mainly farming people who are busy fighting other things, or scouting AFK people or just being a dick in general and snatching kills. Two thousand is needed, 500 would have been much more then enough. Then there is the reputation grind of course. Killing an endless amount of tauren mobs for small rep. Same mobs. Over and over. So boring I can't find words. Why was this grind needed when the reward is a not so cool mount and nothing more... The lat major grind is the worst one. The horror of this one is indescribable and I will give it an own paragraph even...

    The biggest turd ever laid
    I speak of course about "Going to Need a Bigger Bag". This is an abomination to mankind. What kind of sadistic, sick people came up with this one. This achievement require you to collect a trillion rare items which mainly drop from the rares, which I already mentioned, are almost always dead. The drop rate varies from below 1% to 4% or so for most items. I have only seen a few people in the world who has done this and these people are top 50 worldwide achievement collectors as well. I am not saying it should be easy, but this goes to far. Never has I seen in Any game I ever played an achievement this stupid. It forces those who care for achievements to spend hundreds and hundreds of hours on this island doing the very same thing, running between rares and hoping for that item. An insane grind based on RNG... How could they have come up with this? I can't find more words of hate for this achievement but anyone who is going for it will see that it's a living hell.

    Conclusion
    So, to wrap this up. This island has seriously not brought anything good. It's an abomination to the glorious game that is WoW. I hope someone agrees with me. I'm afraid that Blizzard don't consider this the huge fail that it was and will continue like this. The fate of the game is depending on the new expansion and if WoD fails like this island, and copy it's style, I seriously believe it can be the end of the game. The dedicated veterans will drop and left will only be new players who doesn't want to learn and only want free epic items. This island was perfect for them but bad for the quality of the game. I will try to spread this to Blizzard as much as I can, hopefully someone can see that people are displeased, and I hope someone agree with me.

    Last words, Timeless Isle is the worst idea created for any video game in the history of gaming. One of the best games add one of the worst ideas ever. Sometimes I wish they keep doing things like this so that the game die, just so the the responsible people can lie sleepless at night and wonder about the abominations they killed a great game with. Screw this island, I'm going home to Ironforge!
    You just sound like another mouth breather. Timeless Isle's main intention was to have something to do *all the time*. Chasing rares, collecting items etc...

    Are you really saying you HATE that they've given you something to do rather than mouth breath in trade chat?

  15. #355
    tbh i didn't real all that wall of text, i'll just input quickly what pisses me personally about timeless isle:
    the fact that it's all random as fuck, you can either find 3 rares in 3 minutes, and get something useful, or spam timeless isle 10 hours a day, find million rares and get zero useful things (well coins are useful, but gawd almighty who decided to price those 535 tokens 50k each?)
    plus for me at least, playing on most populated server in EU, it's annoying as hell to see million people running around like headless chicken, myself included, looking for those rares, why can't there be some blizzard UI that shows you EXACTLY when and where a rare is going to spawn?
    I remember they said it's better this way, personal loot and stuff, than adding 2 new heroics with 535 loot, because people often ninja loot there - are you kidding me? i'd get all that loot 5 times faster (fuck 5, 50 times faster) with everyone in the group needing everything every time, than now running like an idiot on isle, collecting... how much? 500k coins?

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    Grind for what ?! Seriously, tell me what the fuck is so worthy of grind in Timeless Isle. The ONLY thing I could understand is the 535 token items, which anyone who doesn't log once per week should have any need of right now.
    There is a rep mount or two that requires a rep grind but raiding provides faction rep.. unless ppl don't raid

  17. #357
    Timeless is so much better than doing dailies it's not even funny.

  18. #358
    You don't have to go there if you don't want it. The 535 gear isn't supposed to be easy to get, but the 496 gear is. The "Going to need a bigger bag" achievement is entirely optional an only aimed at a very extreme crowd. It doesn't reward anything and if it doesn't interest you don't do it. Rare mobs are supposed to be rare (hence the name), and tbh, they are not that rare, I play on a high-pop server and I can easily kill 10 rares/hour without even trying.

    My only complaint at the isle is that it lacks a direction too much and it lacks varied sources of valor, but I can live with that because both those things are available in high quantity elsewhere.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk

  19. #359
    Oh yes because grinding out dailies for sub-par rep gear is so much more enjoyable, or would you rather farm 5-7 heroics for irrelevant gear to grind justice points to buy a piece of i489 gear that you will replace within 1-2 LFR lockouts?

  20. #360
    I am Murloc! Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    5,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    You just sound like another mouth breather. Timeless Isle's main intention was to have something to do *all the time*. Chasing rares, collecting items etc...
    I'm a raider.
    There ain't anything worthwhile for us on that Island, except maybe the cloud serpent.
    (Pets can be bought in the AH, so you technically never need to visit the Island for them)

    Sorry, but "having sth. to do all the time" is NOT what TI is.
    TI was a simple beta test of a new type of open world content.

    Lets hope they refine that A LOT before implementing it in WoD.
    The concept of random events and hidden treasures sounds quite fun, but the execution on TI was beyond dull & horrible.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •