Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FBWA View Post
    Biggest turd ever Laid? I take it you never have played friday the 13th on NES?
    Or ET on Atari.

I think Timeless was a good step in the right direction, but I don't think they implemented it properly. Worst idea ever? Hardly. Allowing you to make an account on MMO-C probably tops it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I only have two issues with the Timeless Isle:

1-I think that every mob on the isle should share tags, in the same manner as GW2. As it is, the isle promotes people having to fight for mobs, which isn't good for community, imo.

2-I think the rares should scale significantly higher (or simply have more base HP). Nothing more infuriating than hearing a rare called out as being up, only to have it die in about 4 seconds. Heck, on most nights you're lucky to even get the tag if you're nearby because there are so many people crowding the mob as he spawns-at least on my high pop server.

Other than those two things, I hope they continue making similar zones.

Deleted
    Blizzard has admittedly made a very big mistake with putting way too much mandatory dailies at the launch of MoP. As a result of their error, we are now getting the opposite side of the spectrum with no structured content at all in patch 5.4.

I understand how Timeless Isle can be appealing to some people but running around aimlessly whilst waiting for stuff to spawn is the worst game design I could probably think of. The only thing I do there is the two dailies.

I like the direction, structure and pacing that dailies provide and I am very disappointed that there will be hardly any dailies in WoD.

Different players will like different things. Therefore Blizz should provide a variety of options at max level in WoD. Include some Timeless Isle style content but also include some dailies. Just make sure that none of it is mandatory and that players have a choice.

Timeless Isle works a lot better if you play during really late hours when there's much fewer people there so every time a rare spawns and gets announced on chat there's time to actually get to it.

They could eg. make rare hitpoints scale with the number of people in the area or give them a delayed spawn event (or just make them immune for the first minute or two for a quick and cheap solution).

Quote Originally Posted by Nebmyers View Post
    False. The sole reason why LFR is 'unplayable' is because of the people behind those characters.
    Disagree, the same players managed to kill the TOT bosses. SOO lfr is easy as piss and people still wipe because dps is so low. Dps is low because people are wearing 496 gear with terrible stats

10+ Year Old Account
    gank your own faction, what not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    *snip*
    That's a very excessive effort to tell us that you don't like the Timeless Isle. But that separates you from the "lazy and bad", right?

No, really. Lots of text, little perspective. You don't really get it.

in the time it took you to write this crap you could of killed a heroic boss u baby.
    grow up.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's ok but there's not a lot of depth here. There are some rare mobs and a boring rep grind. That's about it. I really wish they had daily quests and unlockable content like Quel'danas to keep players interested in it since this is the only content we will have for the next 6 months.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Deleted
    I loved its design to bits. The fact that Draenor will be one massive huge Timeless island with secrets and events is one of the things that is keeping me glued to WOW.
    It's a matter of personal opinion, like many people said. Why is your need for validation so strong?

anyway, just to make things clear:

Hi!

Supports the lazy and the bad
    I should say more about those 496 items. They are really easy to obtain.
    If -after solid months of ToT- level 496 gear with random stats was a good upgrade for you then....

I'm sorry, I wish there was another way to say it.

You are the lazy and the bad.

Deleted
    I tend to agree. The worst bit of GW2 is the champ train and Blizzard copied it. And made it worse. And did a bad job of it. If this is a flavour of how end-game content is going to be implemented in WoD, it may be the first expansion were i unsub straight after levelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Count me in as a lover of Timeless Isle.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

i enjoyed it quite a bit.

It was also a test bed for the system that they will improve on based on the data of how we played it (along with the system used in kasarang and in barrens) . Blizz has already stated this is what they were doing and that WoD will have a more refined version based on our feedback and the playing feedback from watching people do timeless isle/barrens/kasarang.

Timeless island stands as an abominable symbol of pure grinding work.

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    So... what you are saying is that TI is great because it caters so well to douchebagery?

I think Blizzard may be on to something here. Let's create more content that makes it easier for players to annoy each other because annoying others is the greatest form of pleasure. Surely this must be the way to win back subscribers!
    On that particular case they are the root of the problem though. They had the false perception that being in a high pop faction would mean they would endure less world pvp or they would be the aggressors on the minority faction. In reality they should have sticked to PVE servers. It's very rare to my experience that someone is annoyed by timeless island world pvp. That makes up for the extra satisfaction for those that do get annoyed.

Worst thing in any game EVER.... yea think thats a bit of an over statement but whatever. In my opinion its a great addition even if I personally dont enjoy it.

Deleted
    why is it a problem people having decent gear ? is that the only proof you have to yourself, that you are more skilled ?

i personally couldn't care less if blizzard had characters starting fully equipped with gear that scales as you level all the way to heroic gear, wouldn't care in the slightest, would you ? ahhhh that's right your special snowflake status may be revoked.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    long text
    It's only a problem to people who think gear equals skill. You think gear is the point of everything, the proof of skill and progress, probably because you don't really have any other way to show off.
    In the words of Yoda: That, is why you fail.

Items don't matter. It's what you do with them that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should say more about those 496 items. They are really easy to obtain. There are over 30 small chests and a few bigger chest which has a very high chance of containing them. The chests are not account wide so you can visit with all your chars and claim lots and lots of those gears. They are also account bound so you can simply send them to your alts as well. "Nice free epics" some might think. But one of the biggest problems this game has had since around WotLK is that it caters to the lazy and the bad instead of the dedicated and the good.
    The problem is that the "dedicated and good" don't pay as much as the rest of the players, not even close. And blizzard isn't a charity, they are a business and business exist to make money, plain and simple.

People will never get better if they don't face any challenge. They will never get better if they are not forced to learn. They will never enjoy the game before they are getting better.
    Most people couldn't care less about being better in a video game, the hard work and effort to become better and reach your goals is something that should be promoted in real life, always try to be better than yesterday. However, in a video game that is pointless, ok I go and spend hours practicing and reading guides and now I'm better at killing pixels, and so what? I got no real benefit and outside of the game no one cares, even a homeless guy would laugh in my face if try to impress him with my awesome skills in a video game.

There is always someone camping them (on medium/high realms at least) so they are basically never up more then a few seconds. You spend almost your entire time on this island running between dead rares. It's just ridiculously boring to run between corpses with no rewards for it either if you manage to reach them.
    You can solve this with an addon and... a little of dedication camping them (ironic that you just complained about the lack of effort but don't want to camp them like other players).

The grass area has more tigers then it actually has grass. Can you go anywhere without aggroing something? Doubt it. Not to mention the cranes or other mobs. How hard is programming a flexible world, which increase number of spawned enemies depending on how many people that are near that area. Many people are on the island but almost no one kills random mobs so the numbers stay crazy high.
    So... are you complaining that traveling through the place requires time and pay attention to your surroundings? are you saying it should be easier and require less effort? interesting.

I speak of course about "Going to Need a Bigger Bag". This is an abomination to mankind. What kind of sadistic, sick people came up with this one. This achievement require you to collect a trillion rare items which mainly drop from the rares, which I already mentioned, are almost always dead. The drop rate varies from below 1% to 4% or so for most items. I have only seen a few people in the world who has done this and these people are top 50 worldwide achievement collectors as well. I am not saying it should be easy, but this goes to far. Never has I seen in Any game I ever played an achievement this stupid.
    Same as above, you complain about the lack of effort from other players and yet, you complain about an achievement requiring too much effort.

My conclusion, you don't really care if getting epics with no effort is bad for the game or not, you are crying because those horrible casuals are getting your precious gear and absolutely no one thinks you are special. Effort is good if it prevents other people from getting the same things as you and bad if it makes things harder for you.

But one of the biggest problems this game has had since around WotLK is that it caters to the lazy and the bad instead of the dedicated and the good. People will never get better if they don't face any challenge. ... This island makes ANYONE regardless how inexperienced or bad they are to access more parts of they game. This is not good for them either.
    The trail up to Ordos Sanctuary is a joke. Fall down and you have to run a mile to get back up. It's a minor point I know, but I just think it could have been more accessible.
    I don't feel the need to argue against your excessive hyperbole when you do a good job of it yourself. Having tragicomically absurd titles and random hyperbolic statements of gloom and down strewn through your post accomplishes absolutely nothing except making it utterly impossible to take your arguments seriously in any remote way, shape or form. Have a good life now, buddy.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.