Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    After i got the huolon mount, exalted with shoashoa and the heavenly golden mount + pet i never set foot there again except for celestials and ordos

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    496 items are hardly worth getting your panties in a twist over. That was the first tier of this expansion...

The Timeless Isle is a fun way (NOTE: opinions are opinions) to give your alts a chance to enjoy the last of this expansion. It is also pure RNG/grind based so I find it completely fair: you could spend an entire day on the isle and not get enough to fully gear an alt. Once you get the gear as well, to get 535 items you need to spend time on the alt itself as burdens are not BoA.

This is a million times better than being forced to take an undergeared alt through mindless, dungeon badge/rep grinds. At least with the isle there is some variety and exploration.
    I sort of agree. I never saw the dungeon grind to be a bad thing, though. Group play is pretty fun in this game, so I enjoy it when I get the time to play alts. But farming coins (even on my main... stupid trinket) via chain-mob-killing sessions isn't really fun at all.

Deleted
    I restarted playing wow as a tank, became 90 en went to do heroics (like in the old times...).
    Boring...
    I went to that Island where you got those epics for free....
    Boring....

I used to love heroics in Burning Crusade, i used to love farming rep for different factions and better items...
    And now all you have to do is go to the island open up a chest and poof you have an item far better then what you can find in the heroics....
    Why ??
    BEcause this islands givs you the freedom to gear up your alts... In the old days ( as i remember) an alt was for support or for his profession, not to be raid ready, for thatr you had your main.
    This Island ruined wow for me and is one of the worst ideas ever. There is NO challenge whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by elduvel View Post
    I restarted playing wow as a tank, became 90 en went to do heroics (like in the old times...).
    Boring...
    Boring....

I used to love heroics in Burning Crusade, i used to love farming rep for different factions and better items...
    And now all you have to do is go to the island open up a chest and poof you have an item far better then what you can find in the heroics....
    Why ??
    BEcause this islands givs you the freedom to gear up your alts... In the old days ( as i remember) an alt was for support or for his profession, not to be raid ready, for thatr you had your main.
    This Island ruined wow for me and is one of the worst ideas ever. There is NO challenge whatsoever.

Blame the idea of catch up gear rather than the island. In Cata it was the same, do new heroic, replace half your gear.

Deleted
    Damn it's nearly 2014 and peoples still thinks epic is a seal of quality.

Wake up, Timeless Isle's epics just sucks compared to the actual stuff.

Deleted
    Meh, i've only been playing for a week after a year away and TI seems quite fun to me. Lots of teamwork on Auchindoun though so it makes it a lot more fun than just mindlessly grinding away by yourself.

And yes, to all the naysayers it is a good way for a player like me to get competitive again instead of being left behind for another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hi!

I just had it now with this island and wanted to see if anyone out there would agree that this is the by far worst idea Blizzard ever had. Some people like this island but personally I truly hate it. I want a stronger word then hate, because I hated Isle of Thunder too, but this is literally ten times worse. I'm gonna state some reasons to see if anyone agree with me. I should say that more or less also played this game since launch actively and engaged in everything the game has to offer. Please read thoroughly before you reply.
    Hi, using hyperboles takes away any maturity from an opinion. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    imho dungeons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>5.1/5.2 dailies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Timeless Island>>>>5.0 dailies=5.3 barrens=scenarios

i will take the 3 icc heroics and even the 3 ds one over the timeless Island anytime
    Of course...I thought dungeons was out of the poll...I too prefer dungeons over everything
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Boring...
    Boring....

Why ??
    Challenging things in WoW are intended to be challenging. Non challenging things in WoW are not intended to be challenging. Not every aspect of the game has to be a hurdle. If you were really looking for something challenging to do, there's plenty of it. Expecting (or wanting) every detail of the game to be some absurd mountain to climb is ridiculous.

Maybe we should make a minigame for logging in just to make that more difficult? Maybe the character selection screen should constantly switch your characters so it's more difficult to click on the one you want to log in. Because, honestly, being able to just put in your password and select a character and BAM you're in the game is just too easy.

The simple fact is: TI gives you shitty gear to get into LFR to get more shitty gear. Why would you expect it to be a challenge to get shitty gear? Honestly, if we had to work any harder to get that shitty gear, I'd be a little pissed, because 496 is barely worth the effort as it is. Or is it because it's purple? lmao

If you want a challenge, challenge is there. And if you want to just blow off some steam and spend some time messing around, that's there as well. You can do both.

Boring...
    Boring....

Why ??
    They always stick catch up mechanics on the end of every expac so people get to see the final raid.

There is challenge in WoW but it seems rather than doing the challenging content you're doing the non challenging content and screaming WAAAAAH WHERE'S MY CHALLENGE!!!

Do you see how counter productive that is? Want challenge go and do normal/heroic raids and challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Of course...I thought dungeons was out of the poll...I too prefer dungeons over everything
    Not in their current state. They're cool the first couple times then it's just a boring streamlined faceroll over and over.

I wanted to level my HolyPally(86) earlier today in dungeons and could only do 2 cause of how boring it was.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Timeles Isle was a good idea. It could use a few adjustments but overall I really liked the concept.

I really hope WoD is like a continent sized Timeless Isle with quests mixed in. It might actually be *gasp*, fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Wall of text!
    Thing X is the worst idea created in any game ever!

Seriously though, your extreme use of hyperbole in your title does not garner any sympathy to your cause...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Deleted
    You are not supposed to do everything in this game, it sound silly when someone is complaining that he has more content than he can handle (maby this was not your point, but it definately sounded like that)

I believe the timeless isle completed what it was intended for, though I had little need for the isle myself I can imagine others that did. I do look forward to the implementation of the system they plan on doing in WoD that combines it and other systems into one.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Deleted
    Have u heart of next xpac tht is totaly tied to time stuff? Timeless isle happened for a reason, exacly becouse of the lore.

IMO

pros:
    -great place to get your "ilvl429" alt up to a gear level where it can start getting useful
    -lots of people is kinda social
    -unless you are at a very high itemlevel, and the rep grind is complete, there is always something useful to do
    -two different world bosses you can do while waiting for LFR

cons:
    -rep farming firecows is a lot of work for only a mount and a disguise item or something
    -you need addons to be able to seek out rares for some time before getting to know the island. I know that it's part of the game learning the spawn places, but everyone just "cheats" with an addon anyway, so why not make it a little more visible to people where they spawn.
    -That "kill your own faction"-item is imo the worst thing about the island. Happens often that a grp of players with good gear camps the gy, they don't even care about the coins, only to kill some poor alts trying to get some pve-candy. They go friendly if they die, right? They should be hostile to everything for an hour after using that item.
    Mother pus bucket!

timeless isle is great and your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

Deleted
    I still don't understand why people don't understand. This is the only grind place in MoP. It's not fair to have 10 daily hubs and 0 grind areas. 9 daily hubs and 1 grind area is something I think all daily lovers should accept since the people who like grinds should have a bit of fun too.