Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Speaking as an LFR-only player, one problem I have experienced since the 5.4 patch is that more than a few tanks I've had in my groups are geared in mostly Timeless Isle stuff. Since it's basically replaceable "bare minimum" gear, they don't gem, enchant, or upgrade any of it, so their HP spikes up and down wildly, and they often get roflstomped. It's not just tanks, of course.

Unsurprisingly, many players are skipping ToT to do Timeless for gear, then jumping right into SoO, which may have been the intent, but it can make for some frustrating LFR runs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    Grind for what ?! Seriously, tell me what the fuck is so worthy of grind in Timeless Isle. The ONLY thing I could understand is the 535 token items, which anyone who doesn't log once per week should have any need of right now.
    Vanity items and catch up gear. If you don't need/want either then don't complain about not liking Timeless Isle, since that's the point of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    You just sound like another mouth breather. Timeless Isle's main intention was to have something to do *all the time*. Chasing rares, collecting items etc...

Are you really saying you HATE that they've given you something to do rather than mouth breath in trade chat?
    Resorting to calling people mouth breathers just because you do not agree with them just means you are incapable of intellectual discussion and don't have anything meaningful to render their argument as incorrect. Chasing rares was fun the first few times I killed them but not now. Why would I run around mindlessly killing rares? I have 200,000 coins and all of my slots are better than the burdens could give me. The island obviously does not always give you something to do as the only thing I do there now is Ordos on tuesday. OOoooh, I can buy a crappy yellow cloud serpent that everyone else has too? Where do I sign up? I don't want another cloud serpent, the first 3 were wastes of my time as it was. To get burdens that I can't use? To get a trinket to bring me to an island I am done with? To get masks that I already got while questing in Karasang wilds? To buy 476 gear when I have 560 weapons on me? Please, explain to us all how the mindless island keeps us all busy and there will always be something to do? Kill rares? Why? Nothing left to get from them. Jump on columns and cross ropes for 20 timeless coins? I can get 40 off a frog.

The Mindless Isle is shit and actually makes me miss dailies and I hated dailies. Thats how bad the Mindless Isle is, it makes dailies look good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Majestian View Post
    Speaking as an LFR-only player, one problem I have experienced since the 5.4 patch is that more than a few tanks I've had in my groups are geared in mostly Timeless Isle stuff. Since it's basically replaceable "bare minimum" gear, they don't gem, enchant, or upgrade any of it, so their HP spikes up and down wildly, and they often get roflstomped. It's not just tanks, of course.

Unsurprisingly, many players are skipping ToT to do Timeless for gear, then jumping right into SoO, which may have been the intent, but it can make for some frustrating LFR runs.
    They also show up in LFR with 450 weapons shields and trinkets, which is where the majority of their dps comes from meaning low dps. They should of made it so you had to get -some- gear from Tot before going into SoO LFR, its not too much to ask to do 4 ToT lfr's before getting into SoO.

The only real event that happens 'sandbox' style is Rattlegore, and all that is is kill trash until boss shows up. The entire Mindless Isle is run from one spot to another killing rares. Thats not interesting long term game content. GW2 and Warhammer had events that would happen that you could partake in and they were interesting and fun. You could save a set of water pipes from bandits destroying it or in warhammer you had to stop a court of high elves guards, destroy the ballista then deal with a lancer wedge charge with a boss on horseback and his lancer guards. Dwarves repelling an orc attack on a steam train or Dwarves stopping a Giant from attacking their base. This stuff is actual content. Running around with your mount open killing rares while screaming that they did not hold a rare for you to get there is not content.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    GW2 and Warhammer had events...
    Did I miss something? I thought both of those games were still running. If they are then it sounds like there's a solution to your problem of not liking WoW right there.

So I just did /stopwatch and timed how long it took to get to the Isle from Shrine of Two Moons. About 3 minutes exactly. Sorry, but if that's too long for you, you can't be helped.
    Just saying, since a couple people listed this as a reason for not going there.

Deleted
    @OP So you don't like it. Cool. There are those who like it. Guess it makes it even.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Did I miss something? I thought both of those games were still running. If they are then it sounds like there's a solution to your problem of not liking WoW right there.
    Warhammer was shut down

I was just telling a friend and fellow WOW player, how the concept sounded SO COOL. Then I got to the island and got my bearings, and was GRAVELY disappointed. The concept just didn't come across how I imagined it fell on it's face quite flat to say the least. Isle of Thunder was tolerable, but Timeless Isle is horrendous. I REALLY love when I am checking my mail and some pulls the rare over and he does his pillar of flame and one shots me.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanG545 View Post
    I was just telling a friend and fellow WOW player, how the concept sounded SO COOL. Then I got to the island and got my bearings, and was GRAVELY disappointed. The concept just didn't come across how I imagined it fell on it's face quite flat to say the least. Isle of Thunder was tolerable, but Timeless Isle is horrendous. I REALLY love when I am checking my mail and some pulls the rare over and he does his pillar of flame and one shots me.
    Is this really what you're judging the Isle on? Because you gave no other reasons.