Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    weird but legal

I don't even want to do a google search in order to find out if being related by law can be grounds for incest. Wouldn't want the NSA to get the wrong idea about my interests...

That being said, the situation is pretty fucked up. Any parent who "humors" a child when they mistake parental love for romantic love should never have become a parent in the first place.

Its not pedophilia since they aren't blood. Whether its illegal or not, not sure. They are only related by law and it will only be creepy based on how you view our society. These things happen all the time in the animal kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    If the age is fine and both are ok with with that I'm fine with them having sexual relationship. If he isn't his real daughter then I'm even fine with them having a child.

Not sure what anyone would have against this.
    Pretty sure you can consider it a parental fail if you raise a child and end up thinking "yeah, I'd tap that ass", blood relation or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Its not pedophilia since they aren't blood.
    You meant incest.

My main problem would be the relatively poor life that girl would have.

When she is 18, he is 40 - which could work, but an 18y girl wants to go out and party while a 40y old might have different wishes.

When she is between 25-30 (done with education/beginning a career) she will probably want a child, while he will be in his ~50s - which is extremely late, considering that he will have ~65 when the child hits puberty.

When she reaches 40y old he will be well over 60 - this part could actually work rather well if the child is already grown up and on it's own.

But when she reaches 50y (which is not THAT old) he will be over 70, which (lets be honest) is pretty damn old - none of the "TOOLS" work properly, he would probably want a peaceful life while she (as 50y old) still probably wants to be adventurous and live her life.

And all of that is assuming they don't separate (or divorce), which would make the child remain split between parents, not to mention he would probably kick her out of his house (possibly along with the child)...

Overall it COULD work, but in any case i think it would be a rather risky and poor experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Overall it COULD work, but in any case i think it would be a rather risky and poor experience.
    In general, relationships with so much generational disparity doesn't end well.

So yeah, all legit lawfully speaking, but things like these should be avoided...if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    i got this from a very famous and beloved anime, which had an extremely controversial ending that is still discussed to this day.
    I thought this was woody allen lol.

Deleted
    How you think of these mind boggling stupid and utterly random topics is honestly beyond me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GloriousBastard View Post
    How you think of these mind boggling stupid and utterly random topics is honestly beyond me.
    Reading either "Usagi Drop" or "The Tale of Genji" would do the trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she is not blood related, nor below the legal age, then I see no problem here. Most definitely not a crime, so long as both consent and are of legal age. If she is of legal age then it could not be considered pedophilia.

It would be kind of weird, though. But, if they're fine with it, then let it be.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds an awful lot like U.S. President Grover Cleveland who, at the age of 49, married his 21-year old former ward, Frances Folsom.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Sounds a lot like a hundred different hentai series...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    My main problem would be the relatively poor life that girl would have.

When she is 18, he is 40 - which could work, but an 18y girl wants to go out and party while a 40y old might have different wishes.

When she is between 25-30 (done with education/beginning a career) she will probably want a child, while he will be in his ~50s - which is extremely late, considering that he will have ~65 when the child hits puberty.

When she reaches 40y old he will be well over 60 - this part could actually work rather well if the child is already grown up and on it's own.

But when she reaches 50y (which is not THAT old) he will be over 70, which (lets be honest) is pretty damn old - none of the "TOOLS" work properly, he would probably want a peaceful life while she (as 50y old) still probably wants to be adventurous and live her life.

And all of that is assuming they don't separate (or divorce), which would make the child remain split between parents, not to mention he would probably kick her out of his house (possibly along with the child)...

Some people even in their 20s prefer not to party you know...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Alright I won't mention where this is brought up from, but let's begin.

A 30 year old man raises an adopted daughter who's family abandoned her, as a single parent. As the girl grows up and eventually becomes a high school student in her last year, she begins to fall in love with her adoptive father, who is now the age of 40. She then confesses her love for her adoptive father, and after much thought, he humors her. They eventually have a child together.
    you are one seriously messed up person if this is the kind of thing you speculate on.

Paedophilia? not if she is a legal age. Possibly rape, as its hard to see how that can really be consent, and cetainally its an abuse of the responsibility as a guardian which depending on country is actually a crime.

but really, you need help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    you are one seriously messed up person if this is the kind of thing you speculate on.

Paedophilia? not if she is a legal age. Possibly rape, as its hard to see how that can really be consent, and cetainally its an abuse of the responsibility as a guardian which depending on country is actually a crime.

but really, you need help.
    Read The Tale of Genji or Usagi Drop...We have just expanded your mind you are welcome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    If he's the adoptive father, I don't think that could be defined "incest". There's no blood bond between them.
    Incest is defined differently depending on which country you live in. In many countries adoptive parents are legally the same as biological parents, therefor this would be incest. In other countries it would not be.

Well it worked for Woody Allen.

It IS legal, but is it in ANY way responsible or right? No. It's pretty creepy and wrong imo.
    A lot of young girls go through phases, and as a college tutor in the past I know it'd be damned easy to take advantage. But even when they're 16, they're still SO young and the worlds entirely different to them. TBH, if he really loved her that much he WOULDn't date her. It's cruel. So what, when she's 30-40 she's going to be looking after a 70 year old?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!