Poll: How much in gold would you pay for a full heroic SoO clear

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    People here don't realize that their own decision is based around them not having this much gold in the first place.
    Because you definitely know how much gold people here have, right? No? Thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Because you definitely know how much gold people here have, right? No? Thought so.
    I think he can guesstimate it. Considering the amount of: "I would pay 20k gold for a full 14/14hc boost". It takes me 4ish hours to farm that gold, considering the amount of time and effort it takes for a guild to achieve 14/14hc I think a boost through that warrants a bit more than 20k gold.
    Another surprising thing is the amount of people who obviously have no interest (or the funds) to buy such a thing, yet still feel the need to voice their opinion (I know it's a forum, people WILL do that) but it just seems very moot to tell someone how much you would pay for something you don't want. But on that note, I would probably pay like, 30 cents for a bedazzled bikini.

I'll go make my own PuG.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    From future items(and leveling items) sure, from current ones i doubt that very much

http://i.imgur.com/LafNdTg.jpg
    That item has expertise, which means your point is invalid. All it shows is the effect of item squish.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I'll go make my own PuG.
    You'll make your own pug. And clear heroic mode relevant content. With a pug. Assuming you have nothing close to heroic quality gear.

I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You'll make your own pug. And clear heroic mode relevant content. With a pug. Assuming you have nothing close to heroic quality gear.

I see.
    Actually, I'm item lvl 550. Right in the zone for heroics.

You guys need to realise that depending on the raid size you are paying for each individuals time and expertise why would a group clearing the content want to bring a random person in for a sale and potentially waste time wiping for an extra 5k gold in there pocket its simply not worth it. Anyone in this thread saying runs are being sold for less then 500k are straight up talking out of their ass. Any run for less then that I can guarantee that it doesn't include any loot or the heroic mount and is simply for the achievements. In time 25s might bring the price down to 250k per and 10s will most likely never go below 500k per until near the end of the expac just because of the added difficulty.

I just want to buy a normal clear for the wolf mount

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Actually, I'm item lvl 550. Right in the zone for heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    People here don't realize that their own decision is based around them not having this much gold in the first place.
    It's kind of like what Stryder is saying. Obviously person to person things would change, but the OP was basically asking "how much is SoO heroic clear worth," not "what would YOU pay?" Eh it's boring to argue, but obviously if you're doing well enough on your own you don't need to pay for a heroic clear.

Not that I have confidence in some pug clearing heroic mode. Possible? Yes. For the majority of people who would even consider buying a clear? Impossible.

Still looking for more people to argue with@@@

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    but the OP was basically asking "how much is SoO heroic clear worth," not "what would YOU pay?"
    Uhm, what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    How much gold would you pay for a run? And would you be willing to pay more if you got priority on loot?

Yeah, the word "you" is thrown around but it's stupid to ask individual people. Or at least, I don't want to argue over that. Things can change.

"Oh I have 20 characters gold capped."
    "Oh well I have 10k gold on my main that I have to split over my 19 alts."

Which one is more likely to buy a clear? Or

"I cleared SoO heroic 4 times, I'm a world first raider."
    "I keep getting kicked out of LFR."

Since individual variation is too great, it's best to answer this question from an objective viewpoint of someone with gold but no skill/means to clear heroic content themselves.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    100-200k for the achievement and corresponding mount is sane. I think much more than that is kind of silly.

Clears where the person being carried gets any desired loot, I could see that being 300-500k or more at this point but not for much longer.

We were selling Elegon hc weapons for 120k gold each (25 man), If both dropped 240k

This early just garrosh achievement can easy sell for 500k+. As a 25 man guild you can maybe carry 1-2 people per week and with only 70ish guild having killed garrosh supply is very limited and there is plenty of people who are sitting on gold capped accounts

Also...If you think 500k gold is a lot of money this is not for you.
    Last edited by Axelond; 2013-12-01 at 08:40 PM.

Something you have to realize is that the price has to not only be worth it for the buyer, it has to be worth it for the guild to sell in the first place. Keep in mind, the gold will be split up amongst at least the Raiders, and in some guilds they include the trials. This can easily be 30 people. Back in Throne of Thunder when I was with Vigil, we sold full clears with no loot for 800k, and full clears with all loot for 1200k. We had a buyer every single week, sometimes two. Blood Legion's current price is 1200k for a full clear including loot and mount, I believe. (I could be wrong)

As an aside: the "Blood Legion" member selling Siege for 90k is a scammer and not affiliated with BL. Their guild name is something like Blood Legìon (accent in the name). Please do not fall for their scams.
    Last edited by Xyronic; 2013-12-01 at 10:31 PM.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

I bought a FL heroic run in Cata because I wanted the mount and my server was horrible at progression and so "earning it" would have been impossible. I paid 200k, which I felt fair for a 100% mount drop. I hated the DS mount models, so didn't do heroic when it was current content.

I would only pay as high as 200k as I would only do the run for mount...loot comes and goes and in 6.0 pretty sure there will be SoO heroic runs going non-stop for BoAs as there are tons of people that love to have every BoA in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Something you have to realize is that the price has to not only be worth it for the buyer, it has to be worth it for the guild to sell in the first place.
    (snip)
    we sold full clears with no loot for 800k, and full clears with all loot for 1200k. We had a buyer every single week, sometimes two. Blood Legion's current price is 1200k for a full clear including loot and mount, I believe.
    Sure, it has to, but when it comes down to it, as a potential customer, the price either is worth it for me, or it isn't. If it isn't, I just wouldn't care how and if it has to be worth it for the seller/provider of service. However, since you seem to get customers with those prices, you of course have no need to care about me (or anyone else) thinking so, either, it being free market and all that.
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2013-12-02 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    A guild on my server is now selling SoO runs. They are saying their raiders will get any loot they still need. Now, here's where it gets a bit insane. They are charging 750k gold. While I personally wouldn't do that, and idk anyone who would, I cant say for sure that no one out there would do it. I know people Usually will sell runs for about 150-300k. How much gold would you pay for a run? And would you be willing to pay more if you got priority on loot?
    For 750K I should be getting my choice of loot, and all the Glory achievements as well as dequipping all my gear and suiciding on the pull and doing fuck all for the whole instance aside from moving my corpse from boss to boss.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

There are people bidding 999,999 gold on mounts in the BMAH. Why wouldn't someone want to spend 750k on a HC SoO boost?

I wouldn't boost someone for a measly 200k especially when there is no competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Something you have to realize is that the price has to not only be worth it for the buyer, it has to be worth it for the guild to sell in the first place. Keep in mind, the gold will be split up amongst at least the Raiders, and in some guilds they include the trials. This can easily be 30 people. Back in Throne of Thunder when I was with Vigil, we sold full clears with no loot for 800k, and full clears with all loot for 1200k. We had a buyer every single week, sometimes two. Blood Legion's current price is 1200k for a full clear including loot and mount, I believe. (I could be wrong)

As an aside: the "Blood Legion" member selling Siege for 90k is a scammer and not affiliated with BL. Their guild name is something like Blood Legìon (accent in the name). Please do not fall for their scams.
    See.

And you guys also spend the time and effort into getting there which is worth that gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would pay 200k max only if the mount was reserved for me, like I did with rag and madness mount. I don't raid and cba farming 1% next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    There are people bidding 999,999 gold on mounts in the BMAH. Why wouldn't someone want to spend 750k on a HC SoO boost?
    They are paying that for mounts that had drop rates nerfed or discontinued, not for a few achieves and pieces of gear that will be easy to get in a few months.

Only thing that would be worth it for a run is heroic leveling weapon off garrosh (random drop to main) and maybe mount if you wanted it. The rest meh. I wouldn't pay anything near the OP or above for one boss.