10+ Year Old Account

Question about Google Security Methods

Hello all. Well I just got an email from google telling me that someone tried to access my account from China. Google, however, prevented the sign in and suggested that I reset my password, and I did so. Well let's say that I reset my password to a more secure one, from my phone which is brand new, what are the chances of someone actually being able to get into my account? Would Google just keep blocking it from being accessed?
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same thing happen to me several months ago. Ever since I changed it, I never had it happen again. But I would assume that google will block the access again. When I play Guild Wars 2 from a different IP address than normal, or log in to Steam from a different IP Address/Device, I need to give permission for access through entering security codes that go to my e-mail.

You should enable 2 step authentication with Google, if you haven't done so already.

As for your question, who knows. You can catch a virus any time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not quiet sure what your asking but. They could keep trying to acsess you account. But google would keep blocking it. Sooner or later google will most likely block their IP and their would be no way to get your new password from your phone unless they put a key stroker on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Im not quiet sure what your asking but. They could keep trying to acsess you account. But google would keep blocking it. Sooner or later google will most likely block their IP and their would be no way to get your new password from your phone unless they put a key stroker on it.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I was asking under the context of what if this person doesn't give up and keep trying to log into my account, if google would keep blocking it or not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me several months ago. Ever since I changed it, I never had it happen again. But I would assume that google will block the access again. When I play Guild Wars 2 from a different IP address than normal, or log in to Steam from a different IP Address/Device, I need to give permission for access through entering security codes that go to my e-mail.
    Thanks for the input, makes me feel better with the idea of the hacker giving up after one attempt.
    Click on me for my anime list!
    Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything!

Deleted
    If he had the correct login details then you need to check if you have malware or viruses on the computer. I doubt he could have spied your password over your shoulder from China.