Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    The Definition of Faceroll

    Im using an addon thats showing me interrupt abilities of enemies (think interrupt bar or something).
    Since i play classes that need to cast (SP, RShaman) i keep an eye in general on enemy cds, to know if i can cast or fake cast.

    So..

    Playing 2s against Resto Druid/Warrior:

    - Pummel and Disrupting Shout randomly on CD, its not like he would have interrupted something i did (sitting whole time on me)
    - When dropping low 20-30% just lol hitting Spellreflect, Massspelreflect and Shieldwall all at once, lol what? (guess bound somewhere next to each other and just bashing keyboard)
    - Never used fear all game

    MMR 1700 and they still win, did 1.5 my dmg.


    Why some1 who plays like that gets still rewarded ...........

  2. #2
    Sounds like you should have easily outplayed the team, warriors are a pain.. yeah, but if they are THAT bad, they are pretty easy to deal with

  3. #3
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Im using an addon thats showing me interrupt abilities of enemies (think interrupt bar or something).
    Since i play classes that need to cast (SP, RShaman) i keep an eye in general on enemy cds, to know if i can cast or fake cast.

    So..

    Playing 2s against Resto Druid/Warrior:

    - Pummel and Disrupting Shout randomly on CD, its not like he would have interrupted something i did (sitting whole time on me)
    - When dropping low 20-30% just lol hitting Spellreflect, Massspelreflect and Shieldwall all at once, lol what? (guess bound somewhere next to each other and just bashing keyboard)
    - Never used fear all game

    MMR 1700 and they still win, did 1.5 my dmg.


    Why some1 who plays like that gets still rewarded ...........
    That comp is indeed the definition of faceroll. However... the way you say they played it shouldnt be that hard for you to take them out.
    Also... i stopped caring about balance in this game. Its obvious blizz doesnt give a fuck. One shitty nerf in a patch that hasnt even arrived yet.
    Thats total bullshit and a slap in the face to everyone who likes pvp in this game.
    Epic!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    That comp is indeed the definition of faceroll. However... the way you say they played it shouldnt be that hard for you to take them out.
    Also... i stopped caring about balance in this game. Its obvious blizz doesnt give a fuck. One shitty nerf in a patch that hasnt even arrived yet.
    Thats total bullshit and a slap in the face to everyone who likes pvp in this game.
    It's faceroll against scrubs, any half decent team it will be a decent game. Warrior/Druid doesn't have enough instant CC to win games easily, any team that knows what they're doing isn't going to die against one warrior. HPriest/Mage is significantly easier and stronger than Warrior/Druid. PvP is relatively balanced right now, with the exception of Mage/Rogue doing absurdly idiotic damage, things really aren't as bad as people like to pretend they are. Far better than any Cataclysm season.

  5. #5
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It's faceroll against scrubs
    You know that the rank1 druid and rank 1 warrior in EU plays warrior/rdruid? Both are sitting at almost 2800 rating.
    Yeah.. warrior/rdruid works good against scrubs only...
    Epic!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    You know that the rank1 druid and rank 1 warrior in EU plays warrior/rdruid? Both are sitting at almost 2800 rating.
    Yeah.. warrior/rdruid works good against scrubs only...
    "faceroll against scrubs"

  7. #7
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,116
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    "faceroll against scrubs"
    Everything is faceroll against scrubs. Warrior/Rdruid is faceroll against everything.
    Last edited by MrApple; 2013-12-01 at 09:03 AM.
    Epic!

  8. #8
    High Overlord aceventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Timeless isle
    Posts
    176
    It sounds you did many mistakes as well since you lost to obviously unexpierenced team (at least warrior). Indeed warriors and resto druids are very strong this season and in good hands are hardly stoppable force, but it seems it's not the case.

  9. #9
    if you losing to someone like that then you should look into your own game play before pointing fingers else where for your lack of skill.

  10. #10
    That's 2v2s for you...

  11. #11
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,607
    I would rather run boomkin+Warrior instead of resto.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    Sounds like you should have easily outplayed the team, warriors are a pain.. yeah, but if they are THAT bad, they are pretty easy to deal with
    No. No. You do not know how much of a hell warriors are to shadow priests. You do NOT know the pain they have to go through. Warriors are literally and I mean -literally- the hardest hard counter there is to counter a shadow priest hard.

    I did 2s as well on my shadow priest. Never. Again.

    Doesn't matter how hard I outplay a warrior, he still sits on me, does a shitton of damage my healer can't even heal through while I can not put out -any- pressure whatsoever. A shadow priest can literally not dish out any pressure at all versus a warrior. Everytime I meet a warrior in either arena or battlegrounds, I just bend over just to be done with it because any resistance I do is useless. The damage is unhealable, my damage compared to a warrior's is pathetic and to be laughed at, my mobility is just rofl because warrior can just intervene out of my root and zerker rage my fear.

    Anyone saying that you should be able to beat a warrior if they're literally 1400 while you're 2k while playing a spriest hasn't played a shadow priest this season. It's just not fun anymore.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It's faceroll against scrubs, any half decent team it will be a decent game. Warrior/Druid doesn't have enough instant CC to win games easily, any team that knows what they're doing isn't going to die against one warrior. HPriest/Mage is significantly easier and stronger than Warrior/Druid. PvP is relatively balanced right now, with the exception of Mage/Rogue doing absurdly idiotic damage, things really aren't as bad as people like to pretend they are. Far better than any Cataclysm season.
    I wonder when you did start to play wow pvp....possibly in mop?

    Cause so many things are wrong here.

    Warr/rdruid are one of the most powerful and oldest setups, it was allready the strongest setup in 2s on the highest ratings(r1) in BC, before.

    Everyone knows how powerful warriors are right now.

    I play a rdruid too, i can troll any melees and with brain even casters. a holy priest isn't as potent in 2s.

    warr/rdruid got a ton of cc, maybe check out the druid spell symbiosis(rdruid getting an area fear) and his very potent mass cc talents and the cc/utility talents of the warrior class with their short cd durations.

    I played rogue/mage in 2s. rogue/mage is no longer the beast it was due to ilvl caps that makes pve trinkets much weaker than before. You probably never played against a rogue/mage team in cata, with rogues pve trinkets and legendarys and mage pve trinkets. You or your partner are guaranteed to die in the opener. Only in some tournaments a setup like a rmp could sometimes be defeated due to the fact that pve items were not allowed, and then it was still very close.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-12-02 at 06:29 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    You know that the rank1 druid and rank 1 warrior in EU plays warrior/rdruid? Both are sitting at almost 2800 rating.
    Yeah.. warrior/rdruid works good against scrubs only...
    Yeah, rank 1 players beat other people. That's not surprising. That doesn't mean the comp is faceroll, it means good players can make it work. Mage/Rogue/Druid is rank 1 right now on US realms, is Mage/Rogue/Druid 3s faceroll? No, not really, because there's a ton of CC going on. Saying a comp is faceroll because two of the best players in the world are playing it and are rank 1 is probably the worst way to prove your point. If they were running Ret Paladin/Enh Shaman would you say that Ret/Enhance is faceroll because rank 1 players are rank 1 with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I wonder when you did start to play wow pvp....possibly in mop?

    Cause so many things are wrong here.

    Warri/rdruid are one of the most powerful and oldest setups, it was allready the strongest setup in 2s on the highest ratings(r1) in BC, before.

    Everyone knows how powerful warriors are right now.

    I play a rdruid too, i can troll any melees and with brain even casters. a holy priest isn't as potent in 2s.

    warri/rdruid got a ton of cc, maybe check out the druid spell symbosis and his cc talents and the cc talents of the warrior class with their short cd durations.

    I played rogue/mage in 2s. rogue/mage is no longer the beast it was due to ilvl caps that makes pve trinkets much weaker than before. You proably never played against a rogue/mage team in cata, with rogues pve trinkets and legendarys and mage pve trinkets. You are guaranteed to die in the opener. Only in some tournaments a setup like a rmp could sometimes be defeated due to the fact that pve items were not allowed, and then it was still very close.
    Umm, I started in vanilla and have 2k+ achievements in every bracket from Burning Crusade. I never once said that War/Druid wasn't strong. I said that it wasn't faceroll, because it's not. But, bad players will believe anything to make themselves feel better. It's always the game and never the player.

    Warriors are strong right now, sure, but not because of their interrupts and control, not their damage. A Warrior is incredibly easy to heal through, actually.

    War/RDruid has nowhere near as much CC as Mage/Priest, nothing does really. You have Fear from Symbiosis, which DRs a Warrior fear. At best, you can have Fear -> Shockwave -> Cyclone -> Cyclone -> Cyclone -> Disorienting Roar -> Storm Bolt -> Druid Fear. So, that's 8+4+6+4+2+2+8 or 34 seconds, assuming they don't trinket or you know, stop it, which is incredibly easy to do, that's the best. Mage/Priest has Polymorph x3 -> Chastise -> Fear -> Mind Control -> Mind Control -> Polymorph x3 -> Chastise -> Fear -> etc. It's infinite. Literally, if you don't stop it you can literally be CC'd forever. But you won't be, because you'll stop it. Same goes for the RDruid/War, you stop it, which isn't terribly hard to do.

    Mage/Rogue 2s are still absurd, but you just proved my point with that statement, so I don't really know why you said that. My whole point was that this expansions PvP has been pretty balanced aside from the Warrior/Hunter bugs in the beginning of the expansion that just one shot people, and you just confirmed that this expansion has been better than Cata because you can't use the overpowered PvE items like you used to be able to. So, yeah... Thanks I guess.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    Im using an addon thats showing me interrupt abilities of enemies (think interrupt bar or something).
    Since i play classes that need to cast (SP, RShaman) i keep an eye in general on enemy cds, to know if i can cast or fake cast.

    So..

    Playing 2s against Resto Druid/Warrior:

    - Pummel and Disrupting Shout randomly on CD, its not like he would have interrupted something i did (sitting whole time on me)
    - When dropping low 20-30% just lol hitting Spellreflect, Massspelreflect and Shieldwall all at once, lol what? (guess bound somewhere next to each other and just bashing keyboard)
    - Never used fear all game

    MMR 1700 and they still win, did 1.5 my dmg.


    Why some1 who plays like that gets still rewarded ...........
    Let's face it the developers of this game have had 6+ years of arena to show that they are just not good at this, they have even admitted they hate arena and wish it had never been introduced. They never wanted an e-sport introduced into wow, it just kind of happened and they had no clue what they were getting themselves into. That being said, I have no clue why they don't just hire a fresh pvp balance team. And yes warrior/rdruid in 2's has been OP on and off since day 1 of arena.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    f they were running Ret Paladin/Enh Shaman would you say that Ret/Enhance is faceroll because rank 1 players are rank 1 with it?
    But... they arent running ret/enh on rank 1 now are they? Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Oh screw off with your pvp crap, FINALLY Arms is used for raids and now your complaining that its too op for pvp?! Really?! If you say its op then learn to play your class better so you can destroy us its not that hard to destroy a warrior just dont let them get in close

  17. #17
    you were expecting pvp to be ..fun at this stage?..balanced even? you been sleeping since WOTLK ?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    you were expecting pvp to be ..fun at this stage?..balanced even? you been sleeping since WOTLK ?
    Yeah, basically in wrath we saw the beginning of a promising new philosophy in PvP, which made most specs competitive. Then in Cata we returned to the same old favoritism.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

    Warriors are strong right now, sure, but not because of their interrupts and control, not their damage. A Warrior is incredibly easy to heal through, actually.
    You want to edit this one, its unreal, cause if its true, unholy dks in blood presence should be top not warriors.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Mage/Rogue 2s are still absurd, but you just proved my point with that statement, so I don't really know why you said that. My whole point was that this expansions PvP has been pretty balanced aside from the Warrior/Hunter bugs in the beginning of the expansion that just one shot people, and you just confirmed that this expansion has been better than Cata because you can't use the overpowered PvE items like you used to be able to. So, yeah... Thanks I guess.
    who said cata was balanced?! And i didn't use overpowered PvE items in Arenas, no p3 legendary daggers or vial. Either you are are dedicated raider, do pvp, or be lame a cheater/leecher/trader, cause you normally aren't good in pvp and can spend time to raid hc content.

  20. #20
    I am Murloc! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    5,763
    Wait this warrior blows both interrupts wastefully, then all his defenses at once... whats your SP excuse for not dropping the idiot right after. It's only faceroll because the opponents they faced, you in this case, don't play well enough to force them to actually time abilities.
    You, you'll regret what you have done this day, I will make you regret ever being born, you're going to wish you never left your mother's womb, where it was warm and safe and wet, I am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ep65rr-9qjQ Full Pilot Episode! Best thing to come out of Adult Swim!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •