Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Btw OP, there is a contest going on right now to get a free Heroic Edition of the game from GW2. The contest ends December 3rd so you have time to get an entry in if you're interested.

http://migration.guildwars2.com/en/
    Ye gads!
    Don`t point them towards any advertising that anet do for this game.
    It`s enough to turn anyone off, even the current players ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Ye gads!
    Don`t point them towards any advertising that anet do for this game.
    It`s enough to turn anyone off, even the current players ;p
    A game advertising? YE GADS. Shun them. Its not like WoW has constant commercials rolling..
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    A game advertising? YE GADS. Shun them. Its not like WoW has constant commercials rolling..
    I think he is talking about how terrible the advertisements are for this game. Like the migration video and the release video.
    Nothing wrong with advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I think he is talking about how terrible the advertisements are for this game. Like the migration video and the release video.
    Nothing wrong with advertising.
    Contests have always been a form of advertising. The annual pass in WoW advertised Diablo 3. It doesn't really effect anyone unless they will themselves too. I don't see the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Contests have always been a form of advertising. The annual pass in WoW advertised Diablo 3. It doesn't really effect anyone unless they will themselves too. I don't see the issue.
    It's not that it is a contest. It's because it is so damn embarrassing. It is corny and will turn off potential players.

It's because it is so damn embarrassing. It is corny and will turn off potential players.
    Subjective? People get tattoos of famous celebrity's, video games and so forth. If it doesn't effect you it doesn't effect you. It is more of a positive movement of getting out of your shell and telling the world you like this game and it encourages people to do the same.

I really don't get this hate... its random and stupid. Just stop people.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with contests, hell, it`ll get more players in & possibly help the dead/quieter servers.
    Nothing wrong with advertising in general, it can have the same effect.

The problem is in how awful their advertising seems to be at times.
    I`ve cronies that were contemplating buying gw2 who saw the live ad & had to ask me wtk the game was genre wise as it says sod all about anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4R5Q0ZOTa8

Even some of the die hards across the board cringed at this ad`.

& then there was this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Epn6ZZResk

I...I just.....*shudder*

For £20 I just went and bought it. The server I picked (Ring of Fire EU) doesn't seem to be doing very well on WvW so keep that in mind :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    compared to a moba, rts, fps, yeah mmos are poor for pvp (even GW and WoW)
    gw1's pvp shats on mobas

to the OP:

Game is lively and full of people. Never trust forums for an opinion on games and never trust the MMO community. I think growing up playing MMOs warps the young mind.

For GW2's pvp, the structured PVP is not as good as GW1's pvp. It's still better than other MMO's pvp and the balance is better than what you get in other MMOs. The main problems are screen clutter and forcing everyone into Conquest (which then takes away the whole team fight part of MMO pvp that people want and love). WvWvW is the other part of PVP and its made up of large scale fights over big maps that run 24/7.
    Last edited by zed zebes; 2013-12-02 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaze View Post
    How is high end pvp. Would you say there arent enough people? What about longterm motivation? Is it worth it to buy gw2 after that long time it is available in store.
    sPvP activity is pretty much dead and has been for a while, you will see about 300 concurrent people across all sPvP servers during peak time and that is it. There was a high end sPvP community at one point but now most of them have quit. Queues can be as long as 8-15 minutes and even then matchmaking is broken and will put high ranked players against low ranked players because of the lack of players.

My suggestion is wait for a free trial to try it out. Because at its current state it is not even close to being worth it.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2013-12-02 at 08:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread again >< If you see it cheap buy it and enjoy what you can, don't buy it full price, it's a solid enough game. I can't comment on PvP too much, the little I did was not to my liking, WvW was mainly a snoozefest for me, I know some people who do it all day though so you may like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Subjective? .
    I just watched it for the first time, that is a terrible terrible video. Ugh, I am in stitches at how bad that is. Good game, awful advertisements.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-12-02 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    GW had awesome PvP.
    The original Guild Wars isn't really an MMORPG though, and is quite different from GW2.

the release video
    We do not speak of that thing, for it will cause someone to post it and we all will quell at the horror! (maybe slightly melodramatic)

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    The original Guild Wars isn't really an MMORPG though, and is quite different from GW2.
    As someone who just started playing Guild Wars for the first time I can say this is absolutely true. They are so different you would think gw2 wasn't a sequel at all.