Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Challenge Mode mage gear is pretty much the best mage gear in this game, by a long shot.
    Not even close to most raid tiers. T6 blows it out of the water into the desert.

I'm not a big fan of the challenge mode tier but it certainly has a strong mage theme

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    That's because the set has pants.
    There is actually a lighter blue offset piece version of the set WITH a Robe: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=422

If you include the fitting staff from one of the ICC 5 man dungeons: http://www.wowhead.com/item=49793

You can be a nice Looking Kirin-Tor Mage. One of my favorites aswell

In this expansion, the only set that made me go "wow, that's a nice set" was the challenge mode set. The rest looks absolutely shait.

The last tier that I actually liked was the one from Firelands (can't remember which tier that was). T3 of course is one of my all time favorites due to its rarity and then the T8 because it has PANTS. I want more vests... are you guys that comfortable wearing robes all the time? I'm so fed up with those idiotic robes...

Deleted
    Can't be more agree with this.. t13 and especialy the last 2 tiers... they just looked so terribad so much that i specialy walked back to the capital to mog the tier when i got it and then go back to raid. T13, 15 and 16 are so out of place that it cant be real. I reall ydont know who is the designer of the mage sets, but i personaly want to kick him in the head and yell in his face "WTF MEN?!?" and the name of t13 and t16?!?Timelord's Regalia and Chronomancer Regalia?!? Where the hell in DS and SoO we have any time travel? Can someone tell me that, because im obviously blind? Because that the raid entrance is in Caverns of time and that Timeless isle, witch in fact is not connected with SoO by any means, is related to the raid?

Except these 3 sets all other feeled right atleast from my mage PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I reall ydont know who is the designer of the mage sets, but i personaly want to kick him in the head and yell in his face "WTF MEN?!?" and the name of t13 and t16?!?
    Watch Art panel at Blizzcon 2011 or 2010 (pre-Cata one). This guy talks about tier sets, he's the one who makes concept art since the last tier of Wrath I think.

What's wrong with leather, metal plates, brown and big belts?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    What's wrong with leather, metal plates, brown and big belts?
    As long as it fits the class theme, nothing.

I think some people are losing track of the point of this topic, it's "do mage sets fit our theme" not "do you like them"
    There are several mage sets which I dislike but definitely still match the theme of the class

10+ Year Old Account
    After an expansion of xmogs and tiers and such, I've determined my problem with mage gear is 70% being a Night Elf and 30% the gear itself.

I think the only good sets for me are:
    Tier 2.5 (Enigma)
    Tier 3 (Frostfire)
    Tier 5 (Tirisfal), Recolor & PvP set too
    Tier 6 (Tempest)
    Tier 14 (Burning Scroll)

I'm finding priest tiers look good on Night Elf males, oddly enough. I look amazing in Priest Tier 15 and 16.

I don't understand how people like Tier 11 as a 'mage' set. Fine, you like how it looks, that makes sense. But how is it remotely mage-like?

I have the same problem in that gnomes can barely wear any hats at all without clipping with their shoulders or turning my beautiful beard into some kind of disgusting pink goatee
    Tier 8 is wonderful but doesn't work on a gnome at all. We need more Dalaran-themed sets I think.
    A lich set for Frost would be nice too! Kel'Thuzad was a mage!

Tier 11 though I've never had much probably reading as a mage set, mages were the first people to summon Ragnaros to Azeroth... after which he never actually left until we killed him in Molten Core. Plus it's pretty much the fireiest fire set you can get (I never got the red shoulders but subbing in burning scrolls works pretty well!)

The only mystery is why it featured in a tier that didn't contain Ragnaros at all, rather than one where he was the end boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I have the same problem in that gnomes can barely wear any hats at all without clipping with their shoulders or turning my beautiful beard into some kind of disgusting pink goatee
    Tier 8 is wonderful but doesn't work on a gnome at all. We need more Dalaran-themed sets I think.
    A lich set for Frost would be nice too! Kel'Thuzad was a mage!

Tier 11 though I've never had much probably reading as a mage set, mages were the first people to summon Ragnaros to Azeroth... after which he never actually left until we killed him in Molten Core. Plus it's pretty much the fireiest fire set you can get (I never got the red shoulders but subbing in burning scrolls works pretty well!)

The only mystery is why it featured in a tier that didn't contain Ragnaros at all, rather than one where he was the end boss.
    I remember reading an article or tweet about that a while ago but just cant remember where that was. It was saying that they already had both mage sets t11 and t12 in stock.. thought could not figure out where to place either one becasue both were fitting the fireland setting very well.

I think that too... they both fit in pretty good. Althought i think that T11 is one of the best mage sets ever its not very "magey" (And i wear this set on a goblin! This set is just plain designed for goblin... havent seen a charmodel where it fits better)

But what do we want for a "magey" set?! Since most of the people think CM Set os pretty good, that bring me to the conclusion we need sharts, runes, glowing stuff to feel "magey"

Personally I think a Robe is a plain must... It just feels wrong wearing a vest and only pants... at least something like a mantle.

Dalaran's ubiquitous single eye I'd say is fairly important if we're designing the "ideal" mage armour, crystals never go amiss be they arcane or ice crystals.
    Getting all three specs on one piece of gear just creates a mess though. It'd be lovely if in one tier we could have for example, fire LFR with burning shoulderpads, Frost normal with ice mist shoulderpads and Arcane heroic with crackling white lightning, but that's never really going to happen. T7 is the closest we'll get to that!
    I would agree that wearing a dress just feels more natural than a pair of pants.

What no love for T4 ? Tier 4 and Tier 5 are my favourites, the CM gold gear is also up there but with the ugly helm disabled. Tier 5 is the most "fire mage" looking with Tier 4 being the most "Frost/Arcane mage" looking
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Personally I often Transmogrify my mage set to this: http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=423

The shoulders fit perfectly into a fire mage set and i love the helm on goblin, pandaren cahr models PLUS: it has a little flame hanging like a collar from the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    Where the hell in DS and SoO we have any time travel?
    I think you may have missed the overarching theme of the entire dragonsoul patch, which was entirely about closing different timelines.

It is time! I will expend everything to bind every thread here, now, around the Dragon Soul. What comes to pass will NEVER be undone!
    As for Siege, it isn't in the actual raid at all but I think blizz just likes the idea of space-time magic being associated with mages.

i use the cataclysmic gladiator on my orc mage, both very magey and the only one that don't look like shit on orc.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs can be mages? Since when?

I've never seen an orc mage. That's weird. Orcs do everything these days it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Orcs can be mages? Since when?

I've never seen an orc mage. That's weird. Orcs do everything these days it seems.
    Yep they can be mages. Why they are rare, i have no idea...

My favourite is the T14 burning scroll set. Its quite magey in my eyes.

I have always been fond of the original Frostfire set (T3). I was finally able to complete the set by snagging the robes off the BMAH last night. The only set to really make me go "Holy cow, that's frakin amazing!!!" was the challenge mode set. I suppose I shall toggle between the two whenever I'm feeling zesty.

I feel Tirisfal is definitely worth mentioning. It's a classic look, and I rocked it for quite some time back in burning crusade (style>stats!)

Time Lords Regalia is quite fitting with the cogs on the shoulders, though I've never quite understood the goggles. Perhaps it's because we don't want to blind ourselves, all sorts of push butan mak bang nonsense abound.