Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Because that's not how Blizzard operates. For 9 years, they've over-corrected every single thing they've done. Too hard, too casual, too hard, too casual. Too buffed, too nerfed, too buffed, too nerfed. etc. I think it's actually impossible for them to get something right.
    Part of the problem too, is the community is so polarized on every little thing. And we all know how the vocal minorities can change the conversation about design decisions.

WoD expansion boss, Medivh! Calling it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you're not getting anything out of it why are you still doing it?

You need oQueue in TI? Dead server?
    My servers considered medium, at peak hours you're lucky to see 12 people there

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Perfectly agree, actually the TI is the major reason why I took a break this patch.
    If this abomination of a grind is the model of their future content, I think that this break will become permanent.
    I miss 5.1 dailies dearly.
    What grind for heaven's sake? DOing the dailies on the isle is a possibility, you can do those pretty fast. Everything else is just a bonus. Besides there's no gear to be had from it, so you don't even have to push as hard as with dailies before.

Not for me. I much prefer the Timeless Isle to dailies.

I was sick of Timeless Isle the first day. As people said, mindless grinding with no structure. I only go there to kill Ordos.

Much prefer dailies. In fact I still fly around and do the dailies that weren't removed on a regular basis.

Because that's not how Blizzard operates. For 9 years, they've over-corrected every single thing they've done. Too hard, too casual, too hard, too casual. Too buffed, too nerfed, too buffed, too nerfed. etc. I think it's actually impossible for them to get something right.
    I'm starting to think that this is the case. And it really doesn't take a genius to figure out how to moderate amounts of content, so what the hell is going on at those development meetings?

Blizzard taking on the idea that people complaining about to many dailies had them uproot the idea altogether in the final patch of mists. There attempt to 'try something new' *coughGW2cough* ending up as something even worse.

But thats not the problem. The problem is, thats ALL we got in 5.4 outside of the raid, so everyone who isn't raiding and wants something to do comes to the isle.. and blizzard somehow thinks this means we like it.

No blizzard, it doesn't, it means there nothing else to do between raiding times except this boring ass thing.

This is where I miss wrath and even cata, at least in 4.3, we had dungeons to work though on alts, which to mean felt more rewarding then 'go collect 1000 tokens'

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Blizzard taking on the idea that people complaining about to many dailies had them uproot the idea altogether in the final patch of mists. There attempt to 'try something new' *coughGW2cough* ending up as something even worse.
    Dailies linked to valor gear through rep was what made the first MoP stuff such a ridiculous bunch of crap. if you wanted valor gear you *needed* to do dailies and they took forever, especially golden lotus, (ty blizz for blowing the pagoda up it deserved it). Dailies linked to a faction that offers a mount and tabard is not a requirement and their existence is fine. Timeless isle combined that WITH the first step in the right direction of "adventuring". Going into the world and exploring, finding stuff that's beneficial, unique, fun. Timeless isle suffered from lack of imagination with its small size and finite chests, but Draenor is a whole world they can work with.

But thats not the problem. The problem is, thats ALL we got in 5.4 outside of the raid, so everyone who isn't raiding and wants something to do comes to the isle.. and blizzard somehow thinks this means we like it.
    I think you're making an assumption that they aren't taking into account people just going there for something to do. People go there to kill time, and they do it in larger numbers than they went to Isle of Thunder which only offered dailies and rares that didn't drop anything useful (burdens) or fun (pets don't really count).

No blizzard, it doesn't, it means there nothing else to do between raiding times except this boring ass thing.

This is where I miss wrath and even cata, at least in 4.3, we had dungeons to work though on alts, which to mean felt more rewarding then 'go collect 1000 tokens'
    Dungeons are still there. So are h scenarios. The rewards are valor points to upgrade your gear. What made cata tolerable was valor points got you 397 ilvl gear which alts could actually use. Blizz wanted everyone to wade into the cesspit of LFR to fill that role (for weaker gear). It's not a good strategy. Thankfully timeless isle has 543 ilvl alternatives, grindy to get, sure, not ideal, ya, better than LFR? In every way. Just like old valor gear from 4.3 (I hated DS LFR back then too)
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

Very true.

It's really been my only long standing gripe with Blizzard, they can never find a middle ground, and never will, because they never try!

i hate all of the yangoul mobs, its like fighting a raid boss. I dont want to heigan dance for every fucking mob in the zone. Seriously half of the yangoul mobs have as much hp as the celestials at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Id also like to add that one of my main gripes with this expansion has been the shittyness of 5 mans, the only 5 mans that arent deserter worthy are the remakes. They needed to add catch up 5 mans like the past 2 expansions.

God no, i hate dailies, after you done them for a few years, you just go autopilot on them, i loved having to find out all the gimmicks of the Timeless Isle, dailies are just to braindead.

And this is what we have to look forward to until 6.1...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Timeless Isle has been out 3 months and I'm still getting almost daily use out of it for my main and alts. That is some staying power.
    I only ever played it on my main because of how much I hated the isle. Soon as I was done with the things I wanted to do(like farming the cloud serpents) I've only been back for world bosses. Honestly there isn't any point in me doing them now that my main is geared up(haven't raided with the alts since T14). The only way I could be happier at this point is if they'd designed timeless isle to be enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post

Dungeons are still there. So are h scenarios. The rewards are valor points to upgrade your gear. What made cata tolerable was valor points got you 397 ilvl gear which alts could actually use. Blizz wanted everyone to wade into the cesspit of LFR to fill that role (for weaker gear). It's not a good strategy. Thankfully timeless isle has 543 ilvl alternatives, grindy to get, sure, not ideal, ya, better than LFR? In every way. Just like old valor gear from 4.3 (I hated DS LFR back then too)
    oh please, don't say you convinced yourself scenarios have any worth beyond the first tier of raiding, they don't, they serve nothing beyond that, and even that, this mechanic of randomly dropping any old piece of crap gear with random stats on it as a means of filling the void just no substance to scenarios, nothing to work towards, to return to them.
    At least with dungeons, if theres something in them you can return to getting, it feels like its worthwhile. Scenarios is just sticking your hand in a tub of sweets, hoping to get a good one, just tp pull out the sweets you don't want every other time.

Dailies <<<<<<<<<< TI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Dungeons

Actually Dailies are better in terms of gameplay (although fact that it is once per day kills it) because you are actively killing mobs or collecting stuff. In TI you spend 95% time running around hoping rare didn't die before you can tag it.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-12-04 at 08:22 AM.

I miss the Golden Lotus dailies, they were the ones I always went back to on my main long after I didn't need them

I still hvane't quite got a MoP daily set that I go back to yet. Mebbe shado pan or shieldwall
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Timeless Isle is piss poor design to be honest.

I go there for the world bosses then hearth and come back in a week to do the same thing.

As far as I'm concerned, 5.4 didn't add any non-raid content for me. If I want to kill rares I'll fly around Pandaria or kill Isle of Thunder ones as they have far better drops anyway.

From what i liked about Dailies is that they made it develop a faction story further, by adding lore quest chains at each level of rep. BUt the other side felt terrible - grinding it every freaking day to get you purples at Exalted. This are the good and the bad things about dailies.
    About the Timeless Isle is totaly diffrent... i ment opposite... there is no lore behinde it (well just a little maybe to noit just feel like tottaly loot area) its just grind and hunt for rewards. Most of the times is fun, when you find a rare standing next to you in the bush is also exciting, but then if you are not lucky enough you grind it like a mad man.

Both have one common thing - the grind. Its just in a diffrent form. Witch by itself allow diversity in what you do. And i like that. Just that dailies lifespan is way way shorter than the life of timelss isle things as seen.
    Someone once told me not to bite off more than i can chew. I said i would rather choke on Greatness than nibble on Mediocrity.

Dude! Don't encourage people to go back to the Isle of Thunder! I kinda like having the rares all to myself whenever I wanna farm up some keys on my alts
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The Patient
    yaaaawn...
    What should Blizzard then implement into the game?
    Functions that require no whatsover effort for the player to complete a task ? That will be fun, every dude will have all the stuff at once.

I dont fance Timeless that much, but it is a new thing you are able to choose when you get tired of doing dailies.
    Variation is the way to go, so Blizzard implemented Timeless which is just that.

If you dont fancy grind.. well dont, what else do you want in the game? Easy heroic raids so also YOU can do it? well lets fcuk up the game totally.

Stop complaining so much, build your own MMo game with 10m monthly subscriber then.

The thing so many players dont get is, that when you really really make an effort and spend alot of time and skill and then are rewarded, it is then you feel you actually accomplished something. That feeling will not be there at all(or just a few seconds) if the task to do/solve is easy and quick.

everything has it's pros and cons. for me, the pros of the timeless isle outweighs the cons of it and the pros of dailies.