Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

3 months of Timeless Isle has actually made me miss dailies

And that's something I never thought I would EVER say! I don't quiet know why, first few weeks I enjoyed Timeless BUT then I began grinding the various reputations in Pandaria and soon realized I actually preferred dailies. Sure they're tedious BUT they alternate daily, take no more than an hour, offer good income and don't require spamming general or Oqueue.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Dailies, honestly I really do. Timeless Isle is a nice alternative I guess but meh would much rather have more dailies.

It's been 3 months...?

Holy shit!

Deleted
    Don't grind it to exhaustion, then? Why people force themselves to do these things is beyond me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing for a month now after a 6-month break.

I don't love dailies, nor hate them either. It's something that needs to be done in order to get rewards - well, that's the way I see it. I kind of liked the Isle of Thunder when I look back, listening to musicwhile doing those dailies, rare mob spawns, everyone goes insane and stops with whatever they're doing, and head for the rare. ^^

If you really hate dailies, nobody is forcing you to do them.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Don't grind it to exhaustion, then? Why people force themselves to do these things is beyond me...
    Because a certain item doesn't drop, you need the item to up your ilvl for raids otherwise everyone tells you to go f urself?

I agree with OP. I actually prefer dailies the this grinding monstrosity. I'd rather be done with dailies in 30 minutes and buy an item in a week, than grin the said item everyday for a week.

Deleted
    yeah the isle sucks hard, I want 5.1 dailies back kkthxbb

I don't like the thought of Blizz moving towards "little to no dailies" for WoD. I agree they went overboard with dailies in MoP, but people will get sick of the Timeless Isle concept just as quick if that's all there is.
    Why can't there be a mix of both?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Because a certain item doesn't drop, you need the item to up your ilvl for raids otherwise everyone tells you to go f urself?

I agree with OP. I actually prefer dailies the this grinding monstrosity. I'd rather be done with dailies in 30 minutes and buy an item in a week, than grin the said item everyday for a week.
    You're still not being forced. Why people keep playing a game like it's a job to the point they don't enjoy it and then blame Blizzard for everything is kind of funny. For months have people whined on these forums that the game had too many dailies. The dailies are still there but they introduce new content - people whine for more dailies. Lol, community.

Deleted
    Perfectly agree, actually the TI is the major reason why I took a break this patch.
    If this abomination of a grind is the model of their future content, I think that this break will become permanent.
    I miss 5.1 dailies dearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me too, bro, me too. *hugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies suck.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.- George Carlin

While dailies were too excessive at the start of MoP, the Timeless Isle model is much worse. I got sick of it almost imeediately. It's pretty devoid of actual content, and is just a place to grind. The notion that WoD will follow this model makes me leery about the next expansion...
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    Why can't there be a mix of both?
    Because that's not how Blizzard operates. For 9 years, they've over-corrected every single thing they've done. Too hard, too casual, too hard, too casual. Too buffed, too nerfed, too buffed, too nerfed. etc. I think it's actually impossible for them to get something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Hopefuly it was only Ghostcrawler that liked Mindless Isle.
    You do realise he had nothing to do with that part of the game other than for the relevant guys to bounce ideas of (as a senior member of staff).

Also, I think Blizz know TI isn't that great, as it is more a gear catch up mechanism for the end of expansion.

As they said at Blizzcon and in Blue posts since, they are looking to create a nice synergy between dailies and more open freedom of TI, all rolled into one

I grinded all the 535 items and also got to exalted in the first week. Didn't even feel like a grind, tbh Timeless Isle is a huge improvement compared to regular daily quests.

For example if you want to do something mildly challenging go to the Ordon Sanctuary and solo the elites over there. In 513 gear it was quite fun and actually required some skill. If you think that dailies are somehow more interesting or challenging, then I don't really know what to say. I think even a 5 year old could probably do those without any trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And that's something I never thought I would EVER say! I don't quiet know why, first few weeks I enjoyed Timeless BUT then I began grinding the various reputations in Pandaria and soon realized I actually preferred dailies. Sure they're tedious BUT they alternate daily, take no more than an hour, offer good income and don't require spamming general or Oqueue.
    Gl for the next 6 month then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle is a fun environment, but I prefer dailies when doing reputation grinds at least. I don't mind the timeless coins grind, and getting Burdens from teh cave and rare drops, that's fine. It's purely optional and you can work on it when you have time. Drop in, drop out. The rep with the Emporer is just ghastly though.

I'm doing it, but it's a complete drag where I really have to sit and motivate myself for doing it. Even then I only manage it on the day I can do my weekly quests. When I combine getting 200 valor for the epoch stones + 50 valor for the 20 elites + getting more rep for Emporer then I can usually get myself motivated, but even then it sometimes cost me a day or 2 after reset to get to it,cause I put it off. It's SUCH a grind.

So yeah, I'd love to have 5.1 dailies with storyline quests every now and then, combined on a Timeless Isle like environment with fun events and Rares to kill. It's probably a lot to ask, cause it takes rather a lot of dev time to make such a thing, but that's what I prefer.

Be a little bit social, group up with other players, you'll see how fast you'll earn rep. I hope I won't see any daily shit as we did in MoP. But, sure, if people wants dailies in WoD, give them, as long as I have option similar to timeless isle. Both options become boring after some time, but grouping with other player in TI case is less painfull.