Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    while timeless isle could definitely use some improvements it's way better then dailies imo. best thing about is i'm not told what to do and i can finish at any time, not after i'm done with a checklist. dailies are like a chore i gotta do and if i don't do them i feel like i'm falling behind.

5.1 was the best mix of Dailies/story/ect.

Hope WoD is far more 5.1 than Timeless Isle.

I would rather have dailies over the mindless grinding of Timeless Isle. Rare spawns on the isle are mauled by the 100 people waiting for them. The isle is so tiny that there isn't much to explore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies > Timeless Isle.

Deleted
    4.0, 4.2 and 5.0-5.2 dailies were absolute crap, Barrens, Krasarang and Baradin dailies were the worst of them all.

In thanks to Blizzards overreaction at the start of MoP dailies might be somewhat on the sidelines for a bit longer. Hopefully Blizzard will find more of a balance in WoD for things like dailies and five mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    I don't like the thought of Blizz moving towards "little to no dailies" for WoD. I agree they went overboard with dailies in MoP, but people will get sick of the Timeless Isle concept just as quick if that's all there is.
    Why can't there be a mix of both?

ive been sick of the timeless isle since, oh, about a week after it arrived. i go there on tuesdays for about 45mins and im gone. id rather do dailies honestly, and i dont even really like dailies. but it beats doing nothing, which is what the island boils down to.

I went to the timeless Isle for about 2 weeks.. Honestly I am not missing dailies or the timeless Island..
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

They're going to pay the price for removing dailies. You have the ppl that don't give a shit about what happens game nerdraging, living on the forums, doing anything they can to try to control the outcome of the game making a bunch of noise. But there's a reason they're in pretty much every mmo. It isn't feasible to have new content coming out every week. Everything you do in an mmo is repetitive. Dailies are no more mindless or repetitive than killing the same boss for the 10th time. And timeless ilse is even more mindless.

I like having things to get done in the game. When MoP hit, I had alot of options to do that. More dailies the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like dailies

I would like a mix of Timeless Isle and Isle of Thunder. The rare mobs + Dailies was nice, but less dailies than Thunder had. Timeless is like dailies without the quests and rewards. "exploration" that is really just Vanilla style mob grinds. As someone who is on the last faction for "the Insane" title, Timeless reminds me of killing Pirates for the Steamwheedle rep. I do it, its mindless, except I can die if I get lazy on the Timeless Isle. The rewards are nice on the Timeless isle during the first week or so, after that I get sad when I get a piece for a class I don't have at 90. Wish I could convert it on my plate toon and at least DE it or sell it for an okay sum of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer dailies as well. Much faster to get it over with.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    4.0, 4.2 and 5.0-5.2 dailies were absolute crap, Barrens, Krasarang and Baradin dailies were the worst of them all.
    Yeah, the isle of thunder ones were pretty cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Yeah, the isle of thunder ones were pretty cool.
    Not the dailies, just the mobs. The Zandalari and Sauroks should have given Kirin Tor rep instead of dailies. There should have been more rare mobs with a vanity item on each of them. At least the mobs weren't as overpowered as the ones in Barrens, and on Baradin Isle where even a fully twinked 85 can hardly survive more than 1 mob at a time.
    Last edited by mmocc3e324ee93; 2013-12-01 at 09:29 PM.

Dailies > Stupid Isle

That's all What I wanted to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Not the dailies, just the mobs. The Zandalari and Sauroks should have given Kirin Tor rep instead of dailies. There should have been more rare mobs with a vanity item on each of them.
    Mobs giving rep is different how from dailies? You're sitting there grinding out mobs that give rep? The title "Daily" is what gets people's mind thinking it's different than anything else.

What they need to do is make more weekly quests. Compounded quest chains that give you as much rep as doing dailies for a week. Then you can log in, do the weekly chain for the rep you like and be done with it for the day. No need to feel like you have to log in for hours doing dailies for each rep time and time again. I'd rather log in and waste time doing pet stuff, or bgs for fun or dungeons for fun then doing dailies each day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Mobs giving rep is different how from dailies? You're sitting there grinding out mobs that give rep? The title "Daily" is what gets people's mind thinking it's different than anything else.
    You don't have to grind it, you don't need to be exalted within the first week. There shouldn't be any gear gated with rep, just vanity items, like with Shaohao.

I quite liked the 5.1 dailies, but I think I preferred the feeling of progression than the daily parts. Blizzard has said they want to offer this sense of progression, with the openness of the Timeless Isle. Honestly, I think this could be amazing.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsjel View Post
    I don't like the thought of Blizz moving towards "little to no dailies" for WoD. I agree they went overboard with dailies in MoP, but people will get sick of the Timeless Isle concept just as quick if that's all there is.
    Why can't there be a mix of both?
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. I prefer Timeless Isle to dailies, but I think there really should be both.

They often think they learn a lesson in one xpac, try to 'fix' it in the next, but go overboard doing so.

There wasn't enough to do at endgame in Cata, so in MoP they put in far too many dailies that felt far too mandatory and people burnt out, so in Warlords they're dropping dailies entirely. That isn't the answer. Just moderate amounts of all options (that really are options) is what we need.