Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    There wasn't enough to do at endgame in Cata
    There was too much to do, Molten Front was overkill.

There wasn't enough to do at endgame in Cata, so in MoP they put in far too many dailies that felt far too mandatory and people burnt out, so in Warlords they're dropping dailies entirely. That isn't the answer. Just moderate amounts of all options (that really are options) is what we need.
    has Blizzard stated they are ending dallies? first time hearing of this.

Deleted
    There wasn't enough to do at endgame in Cata
    There was too much to do, Molten Front was overkill. Same as the Argent dailies were, WAY too much of a grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell would you still be on that god awful island after three months? o_O
    The only thing worth doing there is the Shaohao rep, and maybe the pet battle tournament.

In theory TI sounded fun, but in practice it was just: "Yo, here's an Island full of mobs... go grind vanilla-Furbolg rep 2.0!"
    I wouldn't even go as far and call it a "design" in the first place.

has Blizzard stated they are ending dallies? first time hearing of this.
    No not ending, but there will be fewer of them.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-12-01 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing at the very end of 5.3, I think less than a month before 5.4.

I've resubbed recently and I must say I LOVE Timeless Isle. You can get as much crap you get with daillies, but you don't have to go EVERYDAY do the same quests. You can just grind a little on week days and GRIN YOURSELF TO SLEEP on sunday, etc.

It gives you way more freedom of choice, specially for people that don't have much time on weekdays. Way better than daillies, I hope we get something similar on WoD!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Deleted
    Whatever you do, don't fucking give me back the dailies that sort of forced you to complete them .__.

Dailies to get mounts and other stuff I'm okay with.

It still bothers me though that you have to get exalted with all characters to be able to ride the celestial mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    I hope we get something similar on WoD!
    They have confirmed that they want to introduce something similar to Timeless Isle in WoD, and I like that.

Me and my bud have had countless hours of fun there, just playing around and having fun. Like you're sort of supposed to do - Play for fun.

Deleted
    I would prefer a mix of Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle to be honest, I want to do dailies, but I also want to be able to grind rares and look for stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    It still bothers me though that you have to get exalted with all characters to be able to ride the celestial mounts.
    Yeah that should really be account wide.
    It's a fun faction, but it ain't THAT fun.

I have not stepped foot on the island since the first week. What possibly could be there that you think you need to spend 3 months to grind? The gear is basically LFR gear, and if you still need LFR gear then you're a person who doesn't actually need gear in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    The only thing worth doing there is the Shaohao rep, and maybe the pet battle tournament.
    No, the rep isn't even that useful. Mounts are WAY overrated. The rep and Huolon are NOT as important as many other things on the isle. There are pets, vanity items and stuff that is way more interesting than the 270th mount you never gonna use again anyway after 2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amaraim View Post
    Kill Huolon and collect eggs, it goes fast with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No not ending, but there will be fewer of them.
    fewer compared to MoP? cuz that sounds about average lol. I'm hoping they go the route of using both dallies and "better" TI content. more choice on how to handle endgame is a very wise decision in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer dailies to patch after patch of Shaohao-type grinding. That's just dreadful.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There was too much to do, Molten Front was overkill.
    So one quest hub with a lot of grind dictates that Cata as a whole had too much grind? What about the anemic amount of dailies at launch which also happened to have been a complaint about WotLK at launch yet was even less dailies than that. Endgame is content for max level toons which also includes dungeons and raids on the PVE side. Outside of molten front Cata had less grind than WotLK from leveling to getting exhausting the VP vendor. Even gear catch up was faster from the get go.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-12-01 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    fewer compared to MoP? cuz that sounds about average lol.
    Yup. I think there will be dailies, they just dial it back to a more reasonable amount.

No, the rep isn't even that useful. Mounts are WAY overrated. The rep and Huolon are NOT as important as many other things on the isle. There are pets, vanity items and stuff that is way more interesting than the 270th mount you never gonna use again anyway after 2 weeks.
    Oh yeah, pet No 540 is soo different than mount No 270.
    NOT.

It's pretty obvious that you only go for these if you like the visuals. And even then you don't need 3 months for that, because the rares are on a very predictable and short spawntimer (hint 30-60 minutes). I got most of the pets in 2 weeks having wow run in the background waiting for rares to pop, while doing other stuff. If I'm not mistaken they are sold in the AH too. That should cut the necessary grind down further.

From a raiders point of view the entire Island is pretty much worthless anyway, because if you raided a bit of ToT HC you already had better stuff. Sure there are 1-2 items you might use, but immediately replace in normal SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There was too much to do, Molten Front was overkill. Same as the Argent dailies were, WAY too much of a grind.
    See, those are two of my favorite additions to the world. Timeless Isle feels far grindier as there's no checklist of objectives, beyond the incredibly lame daily and weekly quest.

because if you raided a bit of ToT HC you already had better stuff. Sure there are 1-2 items you might use, but immediately replace in normal SoO.
    I didn't even clear ToT normal and didn't gain any gear from Timeless Isle. Could potentially have gotten a couple of pieces but got better items from Flex first.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Mobs giving rep is different how from dailies? You're sitting there grinding out mobs that give rep? The title "Daily" is what gets people's mind thinking it's different than anything else.
    well one difference is if i don't do my dailies i'm slowing down my grind with no way to catch up. timeless isle gives me more freedom: 5 minutes today (to do the daily ;p), half hour tomorrow, 2 hours on weekend.

Deleted
    Ordinary raiders don't raid HC, only world top raiders do, or at least that's how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfstan View Post
    Dailies suck.
    Dailies are fine, but the gating of gear behind them was the issue.
    They became a mandatory grind due to what the reputation offered.
    It should be more along the lines of truly optional stuff, mounts/novelty etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    While dailies were too excessive at the start of MoP, the Timeless Isle model is much worse. I got sick of it almost imeediately. It's pretty devoid of actual content, and is just a place to grind. The notion that WoD will follow this model makes me leery about the next expansion...
    This. Timeless Isle works as a catchup mechanic. But as an actual source of content, it feels even more tedious than the 5.0 dailies. And as much as I generally LIKE WoD thus far, the fact that they're using Timeless Isle as the primary guiding source for the expansion is worrisome. A mix of 5.1 and 5.2 would be a much better overall model, IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    See, those are two of my favorite additions to the world. Timeless Isle feels far grindier as there's no checklist of objectives, beyond the incredibly lame daily and weekly quest.
    You're supposed to make your own checklist of objectives, like get certain vanity items. There's also no way to get the Eternal Kiln and similar 0.1% drop chance vanity items in only 3 months.