Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's like the idea of doing something over and over again being boring is new to people.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the execution in WoD will be better. Yes, the Island is rather small, so "adventuring" is quite limited. However, when we're on Draneor, there will be a lot more to explore. I too agree with some posters suggestions to have a balance of both. I don't like the "little to no dailies," but 5.1 was an orgy of dailies that I don't care to do... again, hopefully, they'll find a nice balance.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Don't grind it to exhaustion, then? Why people force themselves to do these things is beyond me...
    I've been thinking the same thing. "What is this, when I do the same thing every day for 3 months it gets boring!" Surprising!

Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    I'm just now getting exalted with the Shado-pan and August Celestials.
    I've only just got friendly with them! Find myself doing dailies now the pressure to do them is off, how odd.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    I got bored of timeless isle after about 2 weeks. Farming those 50 items for 200VP? Absolute waste of time, and very, very boring.

I don't mind dailies, I see no reason why they can't mix it up a bit
    I switched to this approach:
    I go and do the 20 elites daily. While I do that, I get:
    1. some epoch stones for the 50 stones weekly
    2. reputation towards shao-hao for the quest (275 rep).

I do that for as often as it I need to reach the 50 stones. Then I turn that quest in and be done for the week. It's usually 3 times the daily.
    I've found me a sweet little spot where I can kill the elites fairly quickly, even on a high pop realm.
    I also do the weekly pet battle scenario, and Ordos/Celestials. But then I am done with it.
    All in all maybe 2 1/2 hours total there during the week. That includes the Pet Battle Scenario, which takes me about 45 min, since I am not the most lucky battler and the damn RNG keeps setting me back almost every week.

Any achievement or whatever item of value that's on that island, I am going to clear up during the next expansion, when the island is utterly abandoned and the mobs fall over just from seeing me... lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    The reason I am doing Timeless is because besides LFR & PvP there's nothing to do! At least Dailies offered months of something to do, 2 weeks Shado-Pan, 2 weeks Golden Lotus, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a combination of the 2. Timeless isle does feel a little too much go grind for hours and then come back (much like the 5.3 collect resources which after a few times through I just quit doing it). Would have liked 2-4 daily quests with the week long grind on top. Would make it feel a little more focuses IMO.

I never really like the Timeless Isle. I've always been a fan of daily quests like the 5.2 ones.

Deleted
    As I wrote in the other thread, I miss dailies as they give me direction, structure and pacing.

Blizzard should know better than to go from one extreme into another. Provide us with a choice of different options at endgame instead of experimenting on us with one type of content only. I feel like a lab rat. Each MoP patch, a different idea for endgame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it for a few months. but yeah I realized dailies are better as an altoholic. Gets things done faster since I don't use addons that mark treasures or anything like that. Add a storyline progress to the dailies and I'll take it I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    pls go back to the isle so i kan gank you endlessly, pls.

Instead of choosing the lesser of two evils (which I would agree is dailies) why not just do neither and actually do something fun instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because people get bored of things and like change.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is giving the players two choices, you either grind for things or you do dailies for them. A combination could have been better however, why not give the player something new instead of only these two options?

The reason why I like TI dailies over all other dailies is that you don't feel forced to do them. The point of dailies is that you can do them as an alternative for gear, not a priority for it. Also its so you can get something really cool like a mount or title.

For MoP's dailies you couldn't even buy gear for justice/valor without being friendly to exalted with a certain faction, it was horrible. I hate dailies with a passion, I've always never liked doing them, so it made me furious that I felt forced to do them in MoP. Now if its optional and a alternative I like doing dailies because then If I want to get a certain thing from a faction I can just go rep grind it. Want is a key word here.

My problem with Timeless Isle is that even if I go there, and kill stuff, I just can't feel myself progressing in any of my "goals" there. On my main, I grinded the Bigger Bag achieve. I am currently on 170-180 ish kill on the Brew alemental and Gu'chi, yet no pet. Grew tired of it and abandoned the isle completely after it.
    Got one of the mentioned pets on alt on the first kill, and it doesn't count. On main I don't need gear, on alts I don't "dare" to kill rares because if something drops from the GNBB list, it doesn't count. Besides, on alts, I don't seem to be getting those Burdens (and if I get one, it will 80% turn into some terrible itemized gear), on main I sneeze on something and I get a Burden.
    It is an illusion. Illusion of doing something useful, and illusion of progressing, illusion of content.

I was never one of the ones complaining about world of dailycraft, so whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by macdisciple View Post
    So, why not gear up your DK the traditional way? How you play is your choice. Timeless Isle is a choice.
    Traditional way? As-in, heroic dungeons, JP & Valor / emblem catch-up? Um? Maybe because that doesn't really exist anymore, save a few off-pieces you can purchase for JP (which are worse than TI items and won't bring you high enough to reach the SoO LFR ilevel requirements)?

I don't do LFR. That is a "choice." LFR isn't a reasonable catch-up mechanism anyway, comparatively speaking, considering you're not really guaranteed any loot and it has a lockout. That, and I don't like LFR because it is boring and often, annoying to deal with. All I'm really left with then is Timeless Ilse and the overwhelming boredom of it all.
    Last edited by xixixviixiiii; 2013-12-02 at 07:09 PM.

This is why they need to combine all 3 non-raid patches into one "non-raid" content style. Dailies, random events and staggered one-time quests all working together to provide a varied content selection is perfect.

Don't have a group? Knock out a few dailies. Have a group? Kill a few rares/tougher elites. As the experience unfolds, you get little one-time quests and scenarios to complete, telling the story.

You are not alone in this. I miss dailies already too.