Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Because that's not how Blizzard operates. For 9 years, they've over-corrected every single thing they've done. Too hard, too casual, too hard, too casual. Too buffed, too nerfed, too buffed, too nerfed. etc. I think it's actually impossible for them to get something right.
    Very true.

It's really been my only long standing gripe with Blizzard, they can never find a middle ground, and never will, because they never try!

i hate all of the yangoul mobs, its like fighting a raid boss. I dont want to heigan dance for every fucking mob in the zone. Seriously half of the yangoul mobs have as much hp as the celestials at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Id also like to add that one of my main gripes with this expansion has been the shittyness of 5 mans, the only 5 mans that arent deserter worthy are the remakes. They needed to add catch up 5 mans like the past 2 expansions.

Deleted
    God no, i hate dailies, after you done them for a few years, you just go autopilot on them, i loved having to find out all the gimmicks of the Timeless Isle, dailies are just to braindead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post

Dungeons are still there. So are h scenarios. The rewards are valor points to upgrade your gear. What made cata tolerable was valor points got you 397 ilvl gear which alts could actually use. Blizz wanted everyone to wade into the cesspit of LFR to fill that role (for weaker gear). It's not a good strategy. Thankfully timeless isle has 543 ilvl alternatives, grindy to get, sure, not ideal, ya, better than LFR? In every way. Just like old valor gear from 4.3 (I hated DS LFR back then too)
    oh please, don't say you convinced yourself scenarios have any worth beyond the first tier of raiding, they don't, they serve nothing beyond that, and even that, this mechanic of randomly dropping any old piece of crap gear with random stats on it as a means of filling the void just no substance to scenarios, nothing to work towards, to return to them.
    At least with dungeons, if theres something in them you can return to getting, it feels like its worthwhile. Scenarios is just sticking your hand in a tub of sweets, hoping to get a good one, just tp pull out the sweets you don't want every other time.
    #boycottchina

Dailies <<<<<<<<<< TI <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Dungeons

Actually Dailies are better in terms of gameplay (although fact that it is once per day kills it) because you are actively killing mobs or collecting stuff. In TI you spend 95% time running around hoping rare didn't die before you can tag it.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-12-04 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I miss the Golden Lotus dailies, they were the ones I always went back to on my main long after I didn't need them

I still hvane't quite got a MoP daily set that I go back to yet. Mebbe shado pan or shieldwall
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Timeless Isle is piss poor design to be honest.

I go there for the world bosses then hearth and come back in a week to do the same thing.

As far as I'm concerned, 5.4 didn't add any non-raid content for me. If I want to kill rares I'll fly around Pandaria or kill Isle of Thunder ones as they have far better drops anyway.

Deleted
    From what i liked about Dailies is that they made it develop a faction story further, by adding lore quest chains at each level of rep. BUt the other side felt terrible - grinding it every freaking day to get you purples at Exalted. This are the good and the bad things about dailies.
    About the Timeless Isle is totaly diffrent... i ment opposite... there is no lore behinde it (well just a little maybe to noit just feel like tottaly loot area) its just grind and hunt for rewards. Most of the times is fun, when you find a rare standing next to you in the bush is also exciting, but then if you are not lucky enough you grind it like a mad man.

Both have one common thing - the grind. Its just in a diffrent form. Witch by itself allow diversity in what you do. And i like that. Just that dailies lifespan is way way shorter than the life of timelss isle things as seen.

Dude! Don't encourage people to go back to the Isle of Thunder! I kinda like having the rares all to myself whenever I wanna farm up some keys on my alts
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    yaaaawn...
    What should Blizzard then implement into the game?
    Functions that require no whatsover effort for the player to complete a task ? That will be fun, every dude will have all the stuff at once.

I dont fance Timeless that much, but it is a new thing you are able to choose when you get tired of doing dailies.
    Variation is the way to go, so Blizzard implemented Timeless which is just that.

If you dont fancy grind.. well dont, what else do you want in the game? Easy heroic raids so also YOU can do it? well lets fcuk up the game totally.

Stop complaining so much, build your own MMo game with 10m monthly subscriber then.

The thing so many players dont get is, that when you really really make an effort and spend alot of time and skill and then are rewarded, it is then you feel you actually accomplished something. That feeling will not be there at all(or just a few seconds) if the task to do/solve is easy and quick.

15+ Year Old Account
    everything has it's pros and cons. for me, the pros of the timeless isle outweighs the cons of it and the pros of dailies.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only go there for the weekly Ordos and Celestial kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    Dungeons and Dailys are boring as hell after the 3rd run, TI never gets boring.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    TI never gets boring.
    ...There's nothing inherently different in the content other than one takes longer to adapt to the predictable nature of static content. There's nothing 'truly dynamic' on the Isle. It's just a much larger and in depth illusion.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Dude! Don't encourage people to go back to the Isle of Thunder! I kinda like having the rares all to myself whenever I wanna farm up some keys on my alts
    Or easy valor.

I only go to the island on tuesdays for Ordos. Blizzard recently mentioned there may be enough time for a second PVP season before WoD and that tells me we are stuck with Mindless Isle for much longer than we were expecting. Then we get the joy of an entire continent full of Mindless Isle 'content'.

Because 'rares' that spawn every 30 minutes and mario jumping from columns is apparently engadging content to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I have not stepped foot on the island since the first week. What possibly could be there that you think you need to spend 3 months to grind? The gear is basically LFR gear, and if you still need LFR gear then you're a person who doesn't actually need gear in the first place.
    So,if we dont need gear, how to advance lvl 90 character? Afk in cities or just unsub and be done with WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Don't grind it to exhaustion, then? Why people force themselves to do these things is beyond me...
    They force themselves because it's the only single player (Can't even really call it that) content we got this patch. If Warlords is no dailies and all timeless isle like I'm seriously concerned for the expansion as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Tent27 View Post
    They force themselves because it's the only single player (Can't even really call it that) content we got this patch. If Warlords is no dailies and all timeless isle like I'm seriously concerned for the expansion as a whole.
    I'm not unless it's actually required for pre-raid gearing, then I'm quitting. I don't mind grinds I can do at my own pace. I will NOT grind just to be able to enjoy the content (instances) that I primarily play the game for.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Timeless Isle proves that if given the opportunity players will burn themselves out grinding if there isn't a cap.

Dailies is essentially the same thing as Timeless Isle but with a cap on how much you can do.

They are both basically the same thing, just presented in a different way. If you don't go completely hard into Timeless Isle with the mindset of having to do everything all at once, it probably has a longer shelf life. That's my opinion anyways, I personally don't like dailies as a rule.

Ultimately they said they will probably do Timeless Isle but with a bit more scripted approach, much like the 5.1 dailies. The 5.1 dailies IMO were probably the pinnacle of daily content. Not too much and really impressive story elements happening in bits spanned over several weeks. I never felt overwhelmed with the 5.1 dailies like I did at the launch of this game with golden lotus, klaxxi, and shado-pan.