Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Timeless Isle proves that if given the opportunity players will burn themselves out grinding if there isn't a cap. Dailies is essentially the same thing as Timeless Isle but with a cap on how much you can do.
    Completely false. Timeless Isle, if you need to grind it, can be "powered out" over a weekend with the exception of ONE daily. Dailies require a commitment of X hours per day which is often (especially for a working person) worse than being able to power out over the weekend. Dailies are the pinnacle of inflexibility.

Same with "daily heroics" for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Ultimately they said they will probably do Timeless Isle but with a bit more scripted approach, much like the 5.1 dailies. The 5.1 dailies IMO were probably the pinnacle of daily content. Not too much and really impressive story elements happening in bits spanned over several weeks. I never felt overwhelmed with the 5.1 dailies like I did at the launch of this game with golden lotus, klaxxi, and shado-pan.
    Weeklies would be a better choice. 5.1 was also ONE hub, not 3. In ONE place (that you now have to plod to, not fly to), not three. Minus story missions. Supermassive difference.

After Golden Lotus I miss no dailies. Wouldn't mind if they added a few more dailies on Timeless Isle, but not to the craziness that was GL.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    You're still not being forced. Why people keep playing a game like it's a job to the point they don't enjoy it and then blame Blizzard for everything is kind of funny. For months have people whined on these forums that the game had too many dailies. The dailies are still there but they introduce new content - people whine for more dailies. Lol, community.
    Which is exactly why I don't even have friendly with the new rep on any of my 6 90's, you're right nobody is forcing me to do the timeless isle, which I havn't except to get gear to d/e into sha crystals and sell them. Also, nobody is forcing me to pay my subscription, that would be the next timely step no?