Poll: Do you spend more time playing WoW than living?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Aren't you alive when you play WoW?

Deleted
    Game addiction doesn't really exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Game addiction doesn't really exist.
    But... but.. 78 people called me an addict and said I needed help.

It's okay. I forgive them.
    Last edited by WolfHugs; 2013-12-01 at 10:33 PM.
    "I made this!"

If by living you mean actually going out and socializing with people? Then yes, of course i do occasionally go outside but i spend more time playing wow than i do going out.

I live a healthy life and play a lot of WoW. Used to feel guilty about it until you realise people just do things so they can put it on facebook. My alcohol in take now is almost 0 as well. I think WoW is better for you than ingesting a poison.

Yeah I would admit I spend more time on WoW than really any other activity.
    But I've always preferred Gaming rather than doing anything else. I get out and about every-so-often, but I don't really have much exciting interests other than Gaming. So with or without WoW, Id still be spending alot of time Gaming. But It really comes down to if you are happy with your life or not. If you feel happy playing alot of time with WoW/games, then that's fine. If not, well that's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    My alcohol in take now is almost 0 as well. I think WoW is better for you than ingesting a poison.
    Yes, thats how I look at it. WoW/Gaming is much better than spending late nights out getting wasted/drugs etc and causing up trouble or almost killing yourself. And yet Gaming seems to be more look down upon rather than all the idiots who do stupid things and mess up their lives.
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2013-12-02 at 03:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    You're not the only one. INB4 a massive flood of people say they don't and blatantly lie about it.
    I don't. Used to though, back in Vanilla/BC. Just could not stop freaking playing. Now though, I log in to check auctions, run my weekly raids to farm transmog gear (getting SO tired of the Kara Chess Event...) and either run some instances on my twink pally tank or just log out and go play something else. I never can come up with a good reason to re-up my sub fee, but inevitably, I do anyway lol. Granted, I pay for 6 months at a time on 3 accounts, staggered on different paychecks, so I end up saving money in the long run by not doing it month to month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    If by living you mean actually going out and socializing with people?
    If that is definition of living I hope I never have to live.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used too... Now I actually have a social life and many friends and loving it.

Deleted
    Nope, not even close.

Only time was when i was in college and played the hell outta DoW

I havent been able to find any reason at all to be on WoW for more than 4-6 hours a week since January.

Alive for 25 years, played game for 4.... nope, I've lived life more then played wow =)

Deleted
    I used to play more than I do now, and by that I mean I was 12 when it came out and I would only play it after school and homework.

Meanwhile waiting for January before my university time starts again I have more time to play it, but I have never prioritised WoW or any game over my life.

Though there was when cata came out and I was...ill...for the day...I was though actually so it's not a lie and I didn't play it that much then either because my head hurt too much so had to lie down all day xD

I'd probably spend more time playing wow than living if I could...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I used to play WoW more than I did anything else (apart from work) back in late Vanilla and all through TBC, to the point I was missing out on other stuff that I really wanted to be doing, but felt obligated to my raid team and guild back then, then I realised that actually no, I had more obligation to my partner and family than a game, so I chose to cut back on raiding and realised I didn't really miss it that much, so quit raiding full stop near end of WOTLK, and have never regretted my choice to do so.

Love WoW and I continue to play, I'm just able now to log out and not have that feeling of letting peoples down because of it, I don't feel guilty anymore that I want to log out to go do stuff with my man

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I havent been able to find any reason at all to be on WoW for more than 4-6 hours a week since January.
    This. I don't see any reason to play 24/7 anymore because I'm usually bored after an hour and then log off for weeks/months. I used to be a total addict, but back then you were required to put in effort and time. Not saying I'm proud of it or anything because I'm not, but I just don't see any reason at all to no-life WoW anymore. I'm glad I put that path behind me years ago though.

Though I'm wondering, what the hell do you do if you're addicted to WoW nowadays?

I consider playing WoW as a part of "living" my life. I play about 2-3 hours a day.

I like to think I haven't but I totally have. (Not anymore, I barely play the game, ...but that addiction has been replaced with others :/)
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

I used to. I was pretty bad off. My mom said I used to look like a zombie the first few year or so I was playing. Nearly failed one of my first college classes because it was time-consuming and I didn't want to put it before WoW. I've since gotten much better. I log on to raid pretty much, or do the occasional dungeon with friends. I've just replaced it with other things (movies, Xbox, Steam) that don't suck me in as much as WoW did, as well as getting my priorities straight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pol-Kinabol View Post
    I used to, after 7 years I'm playing alot less, I'm feeling like I know too much about this game, the feeling of a new world to explore is long gone.
    Same! I still enjoy the game, however its different - And I kinda cba learning other games as everything feels natural / smooth after 7 years