Poll: Do you spend more time playing WoW than living?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nope. But I would like to Guilty there.
    Since I have to go to work I'm not able to spend countless hour in front of my PC at home. Also my boyfriend would probably be pissed of. And yeah, we go out with our friends as well, so I guess I'm not a total addict...
    When I was in college, though, I used to play the whole night and still aced my exams. So you can be an addict and still progress in life obviously yay

Deleted
    Used to play 8hours/day nonstop like 4 years ago - ruined my school grades and social life -> quit WoW, came back as 0-10 hours a week guy
    2nd option: you're*

You are also living your life if you are playing WoW. You just prioritize different from others.

10+ Year Old Account
    No! Your a total addict and need help!

I haven't been playing much at all these last few months.

Hah, i wish. But alas, no. Damn girlfriend and school rips me away from my beloved world!

currently no gametime. will resub around xmas times.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    No prob at all. Too long a gamer to be addicted to games. I had no problems putting WoW on shelf for 2 years and not looking back. Only got b ack because friend pestered me for 3 months wanting to play. So I did. Having fun but not playing too much.

I used to, back in wotlk. I was playing 7 days a week. Mon-Fry I would start after dinner around 18.30/19.00 and stop around 23.00/0.00. Sometimes 01.00/03.00 if a raid was still going. And Sat-Sun I would play most of the day. During summer I was playing WoW all day. Start at 11.00 and play until 04.00/05.00 then sleep and repeat.

It's all different now. I only play 4 days a week, sometimes even 3. But on those days I play for about 5h until I go to sleep. I never play during the weekends anymore, unless I want to farm some stuff together with my bf (scenaturday!!). I miss the old days sometimes. Although I have a lot of free time for other stuff now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I didn't work full time I probably would lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I admit, I'm guilty! I spend more time playing WoW than I actually live! I've put off my family! My job!

Make me feel good to know that I'm not the only one!
    I reject the premise that playing WoW isn't living life.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Deleted
    I used to. And don't really regret it actually as it was pure enjoyment.

Since Wrath I don't really play anymore outside of raiding.

To everyone that are sneaking small insults to other people about how their priorities are wrong, get off your high horse. You obviously are unhappy in some way about yourself if you feel it necessary to validate your life by bashing a complete stranger. You have no excuse for that. I pity you if you did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 9+ hours a day at work, plus I commute 2+ hours to and from work, so...
    No, not really x) (question is whether "working through life" can be considered living)

Deleted
    No since I had to be reborn whenever I had to do something other than playing wow I decided to put an end to it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play a lot from BC right through to the start of Mists. Most weeks would be 40+ hours in-game. I started to get bored after a couple of months of MoP and the time spent per week gradually dropped until I eventually quit about five months ago. I miss it a little bit (or else I wouldn't be on this forum ).

I play Rift now but much more casually than I ever did with WoW. A couple of hours here and there.

Definitely a an attempt at validation. Plus, what you do with your life is your own business. Play WoW all day? Fine with me. Go hiking and feed the homeless and eat Kashi all day? Fine by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a university student and I have a family that demands constant attention (91 year old grandmother for example). Also, a boyfriend.
    If I didn't have all that, maybe I would - I love the game Never unsubbed since I started playing it. If I am insanely busy irl, like, during finals, I just log once or twice a week, but never quit.

raided naxx quite seriously in vanilla, got my first 90 a few weeks ago and not set foot in any current raid. kids have priority these days.

what is living? for many people that means parties, drinking, and lots of sex with a bunch of different people over time. i hate dealing with strangers and listening to their small talk. i'm allergic to alcohol. i have sex with just one person and she can't get pregnant and doesn't have any stds. i'll take WoW over living any day. much better than being an alcoholic, getting stds and unwanted children.

if you consider living to be enjoying nature, spending time with loved ones, and consuming worthwhile art and food then sure i'll take that over WoW. i do it every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. But I generally take a day or two of vacation time off when a new expansion comes out.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    what is living?
    Please don't give anyone information on this. Your're ruining someone's business.