Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Anyone miss the old Dk?

Anyone miss being able to tank, dps on all three specs?

Deleted
    No, not really tbh.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not really OP.
    The only thing I miss the the old rune system and ofc blood dps.
    The tanking part was stupid and op.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Yes i do actually , but i must admit that i feel better with my warrior.Dks were amazing when they came to game i rerolled right away, had 2 expensions as main and warrior and mage alt,but right now, this class is just HORRIBLE , in pve it is a waste of spot middel of the pack with garbage abilities every class can outperfrom that class easily and as a GM of a semi hard core guild there is absolutely no spot for that class in my raids, doesnt matter how good the player is, dk toolset is outdated totally with garbage rune generation and stupid spec divided runic power abilities, and in PvP i dont even talk about that,frost is unplayable and UH is a joke that class after 2 expension is a joke no survivabilty, no mobility, slow and even blood tanking is garbage in HC raids i used to get 1 paladin and 1 warrior for my 10 man hcs dont even want to have a blood dk anymore, in that state this class is waste of time to play and as a retired DK ( i am so sad to say that)i really miss my old dk.
    thanks

DK truly was an unique class. Sad to see it gone due to PVP balance. Since, Ghost left, I hope they bring back the specs.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was kind of cool. But I don't mind them cutting back on it.

It was awful to balance and pretty much every patch included some massive change because they had to adjust one of the specs for tank/dps/pvp and screwing up the other two.

I miss the old runes, the rest I can live without. I hate empty GCDs.

- - - Updated - - -

Also....

Quote Originally Posted by gurusotah View Post
    Yes i do actually , but i must admit that i feel better with my warrior.Dks were amazing when they came to game i rerolled right away, had 2 expensions as main and warrior and mage alt,but right now, this class is just HORRIBLE , in pve it is a waste of spot middel of the pack with garbage abilities every class can outperfrom that class easily and as a GM of a semi hard core guild there is absolutely no spot for that class in my raids, doesnt matter how good the player is, dk toolset is outdated totally with garbage rune generation and stupid spec divided runic power abilities, and in PvP i dont even talk about that,frost is unplayable and UH is a joke that class after 2 expension is a joke no survivabilty, no mobility, slow and even blood tanking is garbage in HC raids i used to get 1 paladin and 1 warrior for my 10 man hcs dont even want to have a blood dk anymore, in that state this class is waste of time to play and as a retired DK ( i am so sad to say that)i really miss my old dk.
    thanks
    Your doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    DK truly was an unique class. Sad to see it gone due to PVP balance. Since, Ghost left, I hope they bring back the specs.
    Dear god stop with blaming GC... That guy did a ton for this game for the better.

OT: I do miss the ability to tank in all 3 specs, but at the same time all it did was hold the class back. I miss old Unbreakable Armor (Frost spec from the beginning), and I miss the old rune system. What do I not miss? The class a a whole being gimped because of having 3 tank specs. I was very unhappy when they changed the rune system and the ability to tank in all 3 specs, but it has been better for the game in the long run.

Played a DK when they came out in Wrath, when they changed the rune system for Cata I stopped playing as one full stop, can't stand the new rune system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by gurusotah View Post
    thanks
    You haven't been recruiting the right players. Death Knights are a very good melee class to have in raids. We used to have a Warrior and Death Knight team that would be able to help mitigate just about any type of incoming raid damage. Add that to the DK's personal cooldowns and you have a fairly hardy melee in your raid in the correct hands.

Deleted
    I don't really mind DK not being able to tank in all specs, I do miss having bone shield as unholy though, it just felt thematically right to me. Like everyone else has said the old rune system was better but more mindless imo. I think i'm done with my DK now though, played it since wrath launch and have just lost all interest in it now.

I somewhat miss the old Blood dps playstyle. Frost is cool and everything, but I don't know. It still feels better running around in Blood spec with dps gear than actually playing the dps spec. I like the new rune system much better btw.

The old rune system was better. There are far to many empty GCDs now.

And I miss the unique abilities, like being able to revive a raid member as a ghoul.

Giving a dedicated tank specc was the right choice. Every patch they broke something else to keep DKs from being the one and only tank. Which turned them into the weakest tanks from ToC onwards. And blood was the boring DPS specc anyway. It was a 12 step castsequence macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I really miss mark of blood the most. It made me feel so op from their stupidity in pvp.

Deleted
    there is 1 thing i miss and i demand i get it back.the DK talent that transformed you into a ghoul upon death

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I loved Frost tanking. Howling Blast was amazing. Blood DPS was also very interesting. I do miss it. I also miss the old rune system.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, although Hungering Cold and coming back as a Ghoul when you died were pretty badass.

I like the current specs, I guess my main gripe is that they have 'normalised' the classes to such an extent that none of them really feel like they have a niche / identity anymore aside from spell icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Berri View Post
    Not really, although Hungering Cold and coming back as a Ghoul when you died were pretty badass.

I like the current specs, I guess my main gripe is that they have 'normalised' the classes to such an extent that none of them really feel like they have a niche / identity anymore aside from spell icons.
    I miss the old Blood DPS. It was regular and made sense. HS HS DS. HS HS DS. HS HS DS. It made sense. It was logical. Not everyone wants to play the rune pinata of other specs.

Since I was blood DPS, i used to enjoy Frost tanking. Even back then almost everyone was a Blood tank. It's why Blood became the tanking spec. At it's best Frost tanking was seen as almost equal to Blood Tanking in terms of efficacy. It was never really better. The juggling of so many Blood Tank, Blood DPS, Frost Tank, Frost DPS, Unholy Tank (which rarely happened), Unholy DPS just became too much for the devs and they gave up the model but it's a shame. It made the DK class so interesting and unique.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i liked when dk died he become a ghoul for sometime...i miss this + the blood dps and survival...i realy like that spec when u heal ur self for good

My DK was Blood DPS and a Frost Tank and I loved it. Can't stand tanking on my DK now. Luckily, 2H Frost DPS feels good enough to me to play.

I don't miss it, really, but I do wish they had chosen Frost as the Tanking spec.