Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damage is really high this season (seems to just get worse and worse every season regardless) and there's an abundance of CC. For example : LOL PRIESTS NEEDED CYCLONE FROM SYMBIOSIS.

most people have sucked at pvp in other games, then call it bad so they don't feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    most people have sucked at pvp in other games, then call it bad so they don't feel bad.
    Or pvp is just terrible in wow and the few who champion it are just losers who have nothing else going on and need to give meaning to their lives.
    See how easy it is to generalize, bet mine's closer to the truth anyhow.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-12-25 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azureqt View Post
    Damage is really high this season (seems to just get worse and worse every season regardless) and there's an abundance of CC. For example : LOL PRIESTS NEEDED CYCLONE FROM SYMBIOSIS.
    Add the word "instant" before the word CC, and you are even more on point here. Even G-LOS (with how brain-dead this addon makes PvP) can't help one counter all the instant CC that goes out at the moment. When classes can solo CC chain with instant casts, it has gotten slightly out of hand.

On topic, I just began gearing my WW Monk alt, and I can tell almost immediately who is and is not using G-LOS when the arena by simply using ToK. Obviously the visual queue is quite easy to recognize, but so the majority of players still fail to see it go out. E.G. Warrior charges in and pops everything (like the bad ones always seem to be doing this season), and I pop touch on his healer and sit in his bladestorm while he kills him for me.

This, in my opinion, is why G-LOS is bad for the game. It allows players like the above to circumnavigate the learning process by simply dragging a folder into another (or via curse client :P). I'm not a world class PvPer myself; I'm far from it. Before I knew of this add on, I would simply read through other class guides or level the class to be able to distinguish the use of one ability from another when going against them. Further, I feel like this has shortened the height of the learning curve required to be successful in PvP.

I used to have to /focus and pay attention to every cast being made by a CC target in order to stay aware of their actions and make the most out of my utility. Now, every poly, heal, fear, etc. is called out immediately and I use a CS/PoM poly macro (Mage) whenever something is called out that needs to be interrupted. The amount of attention to detail required has taken a large hit as addons have gotten more intelligent.

Also, similarly to your last point, when I faced Ret Pallys last season, the first thing I always thought to myself was, "damn, that class really needs a fear." /toggle sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    Must be nice to be on such good terms with the majority of people who play games with PVP to the point where you know their emotional state towards the game and their skill level as well.

Deleted
    I agree, add-ons have made PVP waaaaay easier, plus everything that was hard about pvp was removed. I think avoiding cc is something pretty much everyone can do, plus make 1 macro and you can setup burst. Hard stuff in pvp is still eating right cc's getting chains going, positioning and communicating. But all of that doenst matter cause in most cases games are over in 30 sec to a minute especially in 2v2, which is utter shit atm.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Was playing random 2v2 and noticed how good people have become at low ratings (like 1.5-1.7 range).

Seems like everyone knows how to avoid cc, avoid burst, coordinate burst etc..and that stuff like keybinds/macro knowledge isn't a sign of skill anymore. You literally have to play flawlessly to even push 1.8k these days. Anyone else gets this impression? Or am i doing it wrong by not rolling a warrior?
    I thought you could get rating just by playing many games these days ...?!

Watching high rated arenas on Twitch.tv can improve players a lot

Deleted
    this is a serious question , I don't really PvP at all and yeah I know I play rogue but that doesn't mean I should play PvP , so I want to know what does MMR stand for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    this is a serious question , I don't really PvP at all and yeah I know I play rogue but that doesn't mean I should play PvP , so I want to know what does MMR stand for ?
    match making rating

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I faced multiple gladiators and 2.2k+ players at 1700-1800 MMR playing on my rogue. Was fun.
    I've met looooads of R1 players and streamers at 2.1-2.2k rating. It's pretty crazy how deflated MMR is at the moment. I'm not sure about the 1.5-1.7 bracket though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I've met looooads of R1 players and streamers at 2.1-2.2k rating. It's pretty crazy how deflated MMR is at the moment. I'm not sure about the 1.5-1.7 bracket though.
    same. i think largely due to the fact that no one is playing wow really at the moment..judging from my friends list anyways that is filled with hearthstone Rx/x/x/x/ and stream banter.