Paragon leveling, need some tips!

Ok, so I stopped playing D3 a while back, and I started up again not so long agi.
    Now my Paragon level is only 35, but I'd like to get to 100 as fast as possible.
    What kind of item setup would give the most exp, and are there any acts that are better than others?
    I know you can get a socket in helm and an Hellfire ring, but is there anything else I could do?

Thank you for your time in advance!

Well, the only other items with xp bonuses are the leoric signet and cain set. Anyway using the cain set at inferno would gimp you so much i don't think it's even useful.

As for farming routes, you can go crypt hunting in act one, CoA-sands-oasis in act 2 or standard route in act 3; they more or less give the same xp it all depends on what you like more.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I guess I'll start the grind then!
    Thank you for your help .

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, the only other items with xp bonuses are the leoric signet and cain set. Anyway using the cain set at inferno would gimp you so much i don't think it's even useful.

As for farming routes, you can go crypt hunting in act one, CoA-sands-oasis in act 2 or standard route in act 3; they more or less give the same xp it all depends on what you like more.
    Hi there -

I'm about in the same boat as the OP here and I'm also interested - can you elaborate on the Act 1 part? That's probably my favorite scenery (since the Act III route tends to be out of the snow, Tristram is the next best thing) Like what's the specifics of the route or what's your opinion on it having done it?
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Currently the best xp farming is in Act 1 with a full group.

Go to Fields of Misery, clear the whole zone. There is a rare dungeon (Decaying Crypt) that can spawn which essentially doubles or triples your xp gained.
    If you choose, you can go to other zones to quickly gain 5 stacks of NV before doing FoM.

I did from paragon 0-21 in about 6 hours of FoM runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    Currently the best xp farming is in Act 1 with a full group.

Go to Fields of Misery, clear the whole zone. There is a rare dungeon (Decaying Crypt) that can spawn which essentially doubles or triples your xp gained.
    If you choose, you can go to other zones to quickly gain 5 stacks of NV before doing FoM.

I did from paragon 0-21 in about 6 hours of FoM runs.
    You are putting things in a "wrong order".

First, being in party gives you xp bonuses but you need a party of people that knows how it works. If you are slowed down you're losing a good chunk of xp/hour ratio.

Second, zone order. Go to Forest for a guaranteed 3/4 stacks (2 from crypts, you can find the event and/or a couple of elites). Back to city and run to Weeping Hollow because of lost of slow zombies and zombie spawning mobs, plus a good chunk of elite packs; when you get to cemetery skip crypts and run to Fields of Misery and clear everything, there are nice packs of goats there.

Don't do any side dungeon apart the Decaying Crypt - there are a lot of zombie spawning mistresses there, the trick is to just pull them, let them spawn some more zombies and aoe all down.

Obviously, the higher MP you can run, the better. Good measure for having a decent speed is elite packs that should last around 15 seconds (apart all the annoying things with barrier or stupid affixes that make you run too much).

First, being in party gives you xp bonuses but you need a party of people that knows how it works. If you are slowed down you're losing a good chunk of xp/hour ratio.

Second, zone order. Go to Forest for a guaranteed 3/4 stacks (2 from crypts, you can find the event and/or a couple of elites). Back to city and run to Weeping Hollow because of lost of slow zombies and zombie spawning mobs, plus a good chunk of elite packs; when you get to cemetery skip crypts and run to Fields of Misery and clear everything, there are nice packs of goats there.

Don't do any side dungeon apart the Decaying Crypt - there are a lot of zombie spawning mistresses there, the trick is to just pull them, let them spawn some more zombies and aoe all down.

Obviously, the higher MP you can run, the better. Good measure for having a decent speed is elite packs that should last around 15 seconds (apart all the annoying things with barrier or stupid affixes that make you run too much).
    I've found pub groups are all pretty well versed in doing FoM runs if youre doing MP5+ but yeh, I wasnt sure of the name of the zone with the 2 guaranteed elites.

In Reaper of Souls, all of your side characters share the same paragon level as your main hero. So your time is better spent just playing your main character. Wear your experience bonus gear and try to hit a high paragon level. It will make transition to Reaper of Souls easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Tang View Post
    In Reaper of Souls, all of your side characters share the same paragon level as your main hero. So your time is better spent just playing your main character. Wear your experience bonus gear and try to hit a high paragon level. It will make transition to Reaper of Souls easier.
    But if your main isn't a Barbarian, level one to 60 and buy a MP10 set for 30mil and start spinning for easy paragon levels

Thanks to you and to Zatetic for explaining that - I am only like PL10 on my Barb and I want to get to 100 for the inevitable Crusader re-roll in RoS but I hate the route you take in Act III (Granted, I'm certain one can grow to hate any route you end up doing a billion times over and over but you get the idea)
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Thanks to you and to Zatetic for explaining that - I am only like PL10 on my Barb and I want to get to 100 for the inevitable Crusader re-roll in RoS but I hate the route you take in Act III (Granted, I'm certain one can grow to hate any route you end up doing a billion times over and over but you get the idea)
    As i said before, from the moment they adjusted monster density though the acts, you have multiple options. I'm pretty sure that there is also an act4 route, but i wouldn't recommend it since there are tougher and more annoying monsters there. Act1 route is convenient because most of the monsters are slow, easy and have low hp.

act 2 sewer -> oasis runs are also pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    act 2 sewer -> oasis runs are also pretty decent
    agree - start on VoA, semi clean of desolate sands, oasis + acqueduct is a good route. I hate the wasps

agree - start on VoA, semi clean of desolate sands, oasis + acqueduct is a good route. I hate the wasps
    the wasps are by far the worst normal creeps in the game >:C

I have a question. I'm currently farming inferno MP2 for paragon levels on an Archon wizard. My barb is level 50ish. Worth it to level him to 60 and spin to win to PL100? How much gold would it cost to put him in good enough gear to farm better than my wizard?

I'm only on PL6 on the wizard so I have a lot of work to do either way.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I have a question. I'm currently farming inferno MP2 for paragon levels on an Archon wizard. My barb is level 50ish. Worth it to level him to 60 and spin to win to PL100? How much gold would it cost to put him in good enough gear to farm better than my wizard?

I'm only on PL6 on the wizard so I have a lot of work to do either way.
    I dropped about 1bil on an mp10 hota barb running skorn that was pl0 and it took me about 6 hours to hit pl20. total played time on my barb is 35 hrs and im pl40.

it is definitely worth swapping to a barb for pl grinding although ww is quite expensive. go hota

Instead of making my own thread, I thought I'd just tack this on. I've been using the formula posted on diablofans and trying to hit Paragon 200 when the account wide paragon level goes live. This requires 2 100s and a 92(or 93 can't recall) and I'm trying to decide what is the most efficient to level that isn't a barb. I have about 500m I could throw at the character, any suggestions?

If u dont want a barb, then a monk or a Archon Wizard are also great choises for grinding levels.

I have a decently geared barb so that's what I'm using to level 2 chars up to 100. Wanted something different for the last one. Thanks.

im trying to figure out whats an easier route. i love the idea of doing A1 but i feel like i need a high mp. ive been doing mp8 or 9 a2 voa on my barb, then heading to the desert oasis and into the sewers.. but getting a bit tired of the route. If i went to a1 is it, gain 2 stacks in the crypts, then the dead forest for 2 guaranteed elites, then into the weeping hollow (if the decaying crypt is there go in, otherwise skip) then into the fields of misery?

my barbs gears linked here, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C.../hero/14510272