[TV] Parks and Recreation

Starting this show today with my wife after reading nothing but good reviews about it. Anybody have anything good to say about it? bad? I'm going to start with the pilot on Netflix and go from there.

Also, doesn't seem to be a topic on this one. Parks and Recreation discussion thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it a lot. Started watching it as well a couple days ago. I'm at season 5 and I am very impressed. Ron Swanson is awesome!

Ron Swanson is awesome.

It was trying very hard in its first season to be The Office in a local gov't setting. It was okay. It's gotten much, much better since then as it has shifted away from the idea of the "goofy but clueless boss."

It is easily one of the best sitcoms on network television (the big four) right now. I can't think of one which tops it off the top of my head.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    It was trying very hard in its first season to be The Office in a local gov't setting. It was okay. It's gotten much, much better since then as it has shifted away from the idea of the "goofy but clueless boss."
    I watched the first season and wasn't a big fan. I got a little bored a few years later and decided to check out the next 2 seasons. I'm pretty happy I did. It really improved like you said.

It's not bad, but there's a lack of comedy for it being a sitcom. Might just be me though.