Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I don't think I would want a drone to deliver my mail...think about the jobs lost because of this "innovation", this so-called "progress". No, those mailmen won't be learning to administer maintenance on those drones, don't bother with that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I don't think I would want a drone to deliver my mail...think about the jobs lost because of this "innovation", this so-called "progress". No, those mailmen won't be learning to administer maintenance on those drones, don't bother with that nonsense.
    I don't think I'd want a computerized telephone network. Think about all the jobs lost because of this "innovation", this so-called "progress". No, those switchboard operators won't be learning to do tech support on those cell phones, don't bother with that nonsense.

See what I did there?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

We can all talk about good intentions. Still, business has no morality, only law. You fire anyone you cannot convert to a technician. You hire in people at the same pay with much higher qualifications. Soon you've displaced 10 for every 1. Guess who's shooting down the drones for two generations as we pretend the human factor isn't important?

Corporate trust is laughable. The real world is a Disney public relations speech and the termination of older workers. You'd need to hate sex a bit more than you do before you plan to just cut the human factor out. We already had a long talk about how that will never happen. Still disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Thing is....we need to just accept that working to live won;t be viable for our species forever..We MUST find an alternative...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    What the hell is that thing?! Oo

That's my first reaction. So there will be no more socializing with the mail delivery man? I see some people loosing their jobs soon.
    Socializing? I don't think I've ever even seen the guy delivering my packages (or at least the guy deliving a note telling me I have a package to pick up), much less socialized with them. I'm still at work when they pop by.

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Here are 5 reasons why Amazon Prime Air is a fantasy that will never become reality:

1. Hunters, or anyone else with access to a gun, will use those things as target practice. I must admit that having an Amazon unmanned drone on my mantel would be pretty darn cool.

2. No lawyer would greenlight this idea. Imagine those blades tangling with a small child on their front lawn. Yeah, no.

3. Why would Amazon put all that effort into a delivery system that could only ship the smallest of items? Rarely does anything I order fit in a tub for baby wipes.

4. Speaking of those baby wipes tubs, where do they go after delivery? Does the drone come back to pick it up? Do you mail the tub back? Do you get to keep it?

5. If a rival delivery service got upset about lost business, what would stop those companies from creating a fleet of attack drones that would fly around and battle Amazon drones with lasers?
    1. Charge them with destruction of property.

2. Right. A lawyer wouldn't approve of people wizzing around in a few thousand pounds of glass and steel. Someone might end up driving over that child on the lawn.

3. Because their data says that's mostly what they ship. Maybe you don't order small stuff, but lots of other people do. If the drone can heft 5lbs, it would cover about 80% of what they sell.

4. I dunno. What happens to actual baby wipe tubs?

5. Police kicking down their door?

And on this subject

Last edited by Masark; 2013-12-02 at 09:22 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite comment on this delivery drone mess so far was what Rob DenBleyker said; "The day Amazon Prime Air launches I'm going to order 50 dildos and play Flight of the Valkyries from a loudspeaker".
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

this will be pretty cool when it does come out but there are so many hurdles that it still must overcome

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    How long till Fast Food chains emulate them?

Kinda weird my mind went there first and not like delivering medicine or necessities to people in remote areas.
    i believe drone delivery is already being tested for pizzas in the UK