10+ Year Old Account

Help with gaming/work PC!!

First off. I know the title says gaming/work pc, and that's what i'm looking for but it will be mostly for gaming (World of Warcraft, League, DOTA2, and maybe some others). I do want to be able to have a couple of programs for work (soildworks, autocad, revit, etc) but its not going to be mainly for those.
    What i want i cant afford at the moment. So my plan is to buy a decent starting PC and work upgrade as time goes on. Just adding a few things here and there to make it better.

I don't know a lot computers, brand names, whats good and whats bad. I kind of just know the basics. I was planning on building one myself and kind of just learning as i go but i decided not to risk it and i really didn't want to deal with it.

My budget is only about $700 and i know that's not a lot when it comes to gaming pc's but that's what i have to work with right now and like i said i will be upgrading as time goes on.

So i wanted to link a few that i found and see what you guys think and if you don't like them please explain why and what i should be looking for thanks a ton i appreciate it.

http://www.amazon.com/CyberpowerPC-G...productDetails
    Bigdom US-Tichondrius

Design by I4ni, Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a good machine that should eat up those games...but it lists a 350watt PSU, that *seems* a tad on the low side.

Moved to computer forum.
    You'll probably get a better answer here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you consider building a system? For that price you could get a bangin system... Instead of an older generation. locked cpu, near-useless GPU, probably cpu-locked (non-Z77) board, with a claustrophobic off-brand power supply.

TLDR: Do not buy. There are better deals out there, or build a good system for the same price.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can build a much better PC for that kind of money on NewEgg if you have the prowess to do so, just spend some time browsing. The biggest bottleneck of the PC you linked is the GPU, it's pretty old in the computer world and you'll be wanting a new one shortly after getting that one. Also, they don't have any specifics listed for the RAM so my guess is it's definitely not 1600MHz rated which would be ideal if not 1866MHz.

My best advice would be to save up until you can afford what you really want. You'll end up getting this PC and when you save up enough money for a new CPU upgrade, you'll realize that new CPU lines have different sockets thus requiring an entirely new motherboard. Same goes for graphics cards, AMD is already like 7 generations ahead of the one in that linked computer. RAM prices are also outrageous right now because there was ANOTHER fire at a factory in Taiwan (I believe) and the prices have skyrocketed which would be another reason not to jump into a new PC right now, giving you more time to save up.

Just save up, buy a monster machine that you know you'll love, and you'll be happy you did! If you don't really care too much and want a system that will play those games pretty well then by all means buy that one, it's not bad at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Classiccs View Post
    You can build a much better PC for that kind of money on NewEgg if you have the prowess to do so, just spend some time browsing. The biggest bottleneck of the PC you linked is the GPU, it's pretty old in the computer world and you'll be wanting a new one shortly after getting that one. Also, they don't have any specifics listed for the RAM so my guess is it's definitely not 1600MHz rated which would be ideal if not 1866MHz.

My best advice would be to save up until you can afford what you really want. You'll end up getting this PC and when you save up enough money for a new CPU upgrade, you'll realize that new CPU lines have different sockets thus requiring an entirely new motherboard. Same goes for graphics cards, AMD is already like 7 generations ahead of the one in that linked computer. RAM prices are also outrageous right now because there was ANOTHER fire at a factory in Taiwan (I believe) and the prices have skyrocketed which would be another reason not to jump into a new PC right now, giving you more time to save up.

Just save up, buy a monster machine that you know you'll love, and you'll be happy you did! If you don't really care too much and want a system that will play those games pretty well then by all means buy that one, it's not bad at all.
    Just chiming in to clear up some misinformation:
    Pci express graphics cards are backwards and forwards compatible for all pci express x16 length slots.

I think you have generations and models mixed up as there are 8 models in the 6000 series higher then the one listed in that machine while there are 2 generations of newer amd gpu's ie 7000 series and currently the R9 series. Sure I agree that the 6670 is rather weak but to say it is 7 generations or 7 years old is simply misleading.

@op the power supply in that machine seems to be a real firecracker and I personally wouldn't roll the dice on it.