Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient nairobi13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, England
    Posts
    297

    Holy priest symbiosis

    Is everyone ok with holy priests getting cyclone?

    My first time in arena yesterday in a good year or 2. I find a priest spamming cyclone on my healer then just walking up to fear them also. It's a bit stupid if you ask me. It also seemed like there was no DR for the priest using cyclone either? Has anyone else experienced this? Am i just doing it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    as a european, nothing, nothing at all

    thanks to numerous documentaries like the one you´ve linked, everyone knows, if shit happens, it will happen to the US first

  2. #2
    Old God MerinPally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chemistry block.
    Posts
    10,973
    Meh forget just holy priests, it's everyone. It's an awful mechanic and I hate Symbiosis with every breath I take and I pray to every deity I can think of that it gets removed with WoD.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up you spack cunt.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    Is everyone ok with holy priests getting cyclone?

    My first time in arena yesterday in a good year or 2. I find a priest spamming cyclone on my healer then just walking up to fear them also. It's a bit stupid if you ask me. It also seemed like there was no DR for the priest using cyclone either? Has anyone else experienced this? Am i just doing it wrong?
    Actually, it's just Cyclone itself that's OP. Has been for years. Priests have a little too much CC with Symbiosis,, but not enough otherwise with all the fear breaks in game and shared DR on Psyfiend and Scream.

  4. #4
    It's quite strong but it has normal dr. The only thing I consider bit op about it, is that nothing important is locked when you kick it.
    In 2v2s he only needs to cyclone you when you're trying to set the kill, if you kick it he can heal all he wants.
    "Who? Who is but the form following the function of what and what I am is a man in a mask."

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Meh forget just holy priests, it's everyone. It's an awful mechanic and I hate Symbiosis with every breath I take and I pray to every deity I can think of that it gets removed with WoD.
    Yep, Symbiosis is an awful ability thats messed up pvp like crazy now. Granting a class an OP CC skill it was never designed to have breaks pvp balance. It needs to go.

  6. #6
    The Patient nairobi13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, England
    Posts
    297
    Glad to see it's not just me! Starting arena again for the first time since wotlk this was a massive surprise for me lol. Had no idea what to do. How do people counter it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    as a european, nothing, nothing at all

    thanks to numerous documentaries like the one you´ve linked, everyone knows, if shit happens, it will happen to the US first

  7. #7
    As a paladin who gets wrath as ret (useless) and rebirth as holy (cant use in arena) it sickens me what other classes get.

  8. #8
    The real problem with priests is the symbiosis grants them the possibility of three separate DR CC (4 if you count chastise). The reason holy priests are especially bad is because they can drop a lightwell and effectively heal you while channeling CC on the other target which is what makes them stupid in 2v2. Imagine this combo on your healer while you are getting trained by a feral...


    Chastise - 3 second mezz
    Fear - 8 seconds
    Cylcone - 6 second
    Cyclone - 3 second
    MC - 8 seconds
    MC - 4 seconds
    Guess what is now off CD and DR? Chastise...
    Chastise - 3 second mezz
    Guess what is now off CD and DR? Fear... etc

    Anyway, the point is that barring trinket or interruption by teammate, a holy priest can cycle four different DR CC abilities by themselves forever. During fear/clone they can top you off without issue as well or even assist in dps. There was a reason why feral/holy was the go to 2v2 spec last season and it was not just because of treant stun and instant clones. Feral/holy is still stupid strong, just less ferals playing today because of how strong resto is for druids.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hatethisbit View Post
    As a paladin who gets wrath as ret (useless) and rebirth as holy (cant use in arena) it sickens me what other classes get.
    Same for my DK. Druids love to get my defensive cds, but all I get are mushrooms that spread disease on a stupidly long CD.

  10. #10
    i did some arena against a feral druid and holy priest and it was punishing w/ cyclones then fear then dominate mind me far away its ridiculous. almost seems I take full duration cc's when im on a map w/out a pillar to hide behind.

  11. #11
    As a druid I love it and have lots of fun with it, but as someone who cares about the game as a whole I do indeed hate it. It's simply a childish ability (conceptually): it is amazingly complicated and probably took unreasonable amounts of time from developing other aspects of the game, and of course adds a whole new level of balance onto already questionably balanced PvP. It's a prime example of self-indulgent game development along with other overly-complicated abilities like spell steal, dark simulacrum, and warlock and hunter pets (seriously some expansions it seems they spend more time on pets than on entire other classes). The developers of this game just don't seem to know how to focus on the basics, and fix them, before moving onto fancy fluff. Every expansion is filled with pretty new features, while core aspects of the game continue to wallow in mediocrity.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2013-12-03 at 03:03 PM.

  12. #12
    Warchief mrgummage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by hatethisbit View Post
    As a paladin who gets wrath as ret (useless) and rebirth as holy (cant use in arena) it sickens me what other classes get.
    Right in the feels

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by hatethisbit View Post
    As a paladin who gets wrath as ret (useless) and rebirth as holy (cant use in arena) it sickens me what other classes get.
    Yeah seriously, I love how before the expansion even launched, Blizzard apparently knew that Paladin-Druid synergy is too strong and so paladin symbiosis should be worthless...oh wait, they didn't and it's not.

  14. #14
    As a feral, I don't like it either, but it is pretty much the only comp that is still competitive in 2s (every other is better of with a rogue or a warrior).
    I would gladly have it removed if they gave our cyclone or treants back or any decent CC that is not remove by every class in the game with some minor CD ability.

  15. #15
    It's better you don' t have a valid 2s comp than the rest of the game get shitted up with cyclone priests IMO. Obviously the better solution would be they actually fix 2s. Warriors being taken over ferals isn't a feral issue though.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    It's better you don' t have a valid 2s comp than the rest of the game get shitted up with cyclone priests IMO. Obviously the better solution would be they actually fix 2s. Warriors being taken over ferals isn't a feral issue though.
    I would agree if feral/holy was THE op comp of 2s or a retarded comp. Unfortunelly a shaman/warrior or dk/healer are both far better and easier to play.
    That being said, in a perferct world I would love to see priest cyc having a CD and being on holy or shadow school.

  17. #17
    holy is crap, disc is much better,
    anyway it's your fault for taking cyclone from us ferals,leaving them in rate below 1.8k - so eat this whiners

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Same for my DK. Druids love to get my defensive cds, but all I get are mushrooms that spread disease on a stupidly long CD.
    symbiosis is ment to give to the druid something useful/good with exception the disc/holy priest which is a good thing so there will be a viable option for the feral druid

  19. #19
    Dreadlord zenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    998
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    holy is crap, disc is much better
    Looks to me like you haven't played any arena lately.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenpen View Post
    symbiosis is ment to give to the druid something useful/good with exception the disc/holy priest which is a good thing so there will be a viable option for the feral druid
    The problem is some classes get more useful things than other which leads to seriously imbalanced combos in arena. I'm all for removing the skill.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •