Poll: Mythic gear should have its own color item value

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Should The New Mythic gear have its own color value?

White=common--see it on trash mostly on low lvl quest

green=Uncommon -same has above

Blue=rare--dungeons,on chain quest rewards, old rares,vendors

Purple=epic--world drop,heroic dungeons/scenarios bags, LFr,normal(10/25/flex),heroics raid,trash from raids,Dailies rewards may contain epic on bags,Vendor(rep/justice/valor point ect)world holiday boss and few more i can't think about.

Orange=legend--Long whole expansion set chain quest, Raid boss drop with 0.001%(^_^),Old chain quest req to grind certain items, some legend item no longer available to get, Require group of player to work together to get the Legend item.

should Mythic gear which is harder then Heroic/normal/lfr. should have a new color to represent it's difficulty.

i feel epic is over used and lost it's feeling. Hell there less blue drop or bought then epics now a day.So a new Color Should take the place For Mythic gear even if its same Item name/look has its lower tier raid mode.

FUI: i'm not a Hardcore raider or plan to raid on a raiding guild doing mythic mode.Just want to see of that the old OMG that guy/lady that guild has some peep with Mythic gear.

Poll incoming

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would actually support them redoing the whole rare/epic/legendary thing with a new format to better label all the raiding difficulties, instead of the little "Heroic" "Flex" etc. tags that the gear has now.

It's clearer and more immersive if the gear has its own colour and isn't labelled with a difficulty name. Would be nice to see, for example, gear progressing from Blues in dungeons, up to Purples in raid finder, to, something like Cyans in Normal, Reds in Heroic, Silver items in Mythic, who knows what colours, but something different to set out each kind of gear. Would be a lot more eye-catching, even if they were still the same base items.

I vote for hot pink.

All colors should be gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Personally I would actually support them redoing the whole rare/epic/legendary thing with a new format to better label all the raiding difficulties, instead of the little "Heroic" "Flex" etc. tags that the gear has now.

It's clearer and more immersive if the gear has its own colour and isn't labelled with a difficulty name. Would be nice to see, for example, gear progressing from Blues in dungeons, up to Purples in raid finder, to, something like Cyans in Normal, Reds in Heroic, Silver items in Mythic, who knows what colours, but something different to set out each kind of gear. Would be a lot more eye-catching, even if they were still the same base items.

i would like this, its only a little thing but i would like a system like that. though many will argue that it is just an item colour and not that important, which i don't disagree with either.

Mythic is just the same as the old heroic - which was also purple. Why again should there be a new color for renamed difficulty?

Deleted
    I guess one of the main reasons, why they won't do that is because in order to justify a new rarity, they would have to give them a different model as well. Though it still is an awesome idea.

I agree, pink would be a good color for your fabulous gear.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diremagus View Post
    Mythic is just the same as the old heroic - which was also purple. Why again should there be a new color for renamed difficulty?
    This. They said that LFR is literally gonna be tourist mode with poopy gear. Normal is gonna be like current flex. Heroic is gonna be like current normal. and Mythic is gonna be the new Heroic. Unless they were coming out with something that was HARDER than mythic I don't think they would add another color/quality to items......they would probably just make legendary set pieces before that.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

I hope they never use red, it looks garish and I associate it with broken items.

Maybe they could put shiny animated colours on it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imho, keep epics like they are but use different colors for the little writings like LFR, heroic(5mans), normal, flex, mythic... for instance, a mythic item would have the item's name in purple, and mythic writen in orange, or normal writen in purple, flex in blue, LFR in green...
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Grey
    White
    Greens - Everything quest related (special considerations obviously), norm dungeons, maybe drop a blue form last boss normal 5 mans
    LFR/5 Man Heroics - Blue gear
    Normal/Flex - Purps
    Mythic - Red
    Legendary - Orange

Fixed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    Grey
    White
    Greens - Everything quest related (special considerations obviously), norm dungeons, maybe drop a blue form last boss normal 5 mans
    Normal/Flex - Purps
    Mythic - Red
    Legendary - Orange

Fixed
    not red! i think silver was a good suggestion or tel/cyan.

Yes.

Make it mauve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I vote for hot pink.
    I approve of Hot Pink, I'm also ok with Gold being a color.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    Grey
    White
    Normal/Flex - Purps
    Mythic - Red
    Legendary - Orange

Fixed
    Red is Developer Item color.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I don't think they need one, but if they added one I wouldn't complain about it. The guild I am in recently went to 25 in preparation for mythic next expansion, so I'm hoping I'll still be playing by then to give it a crack

I will raid mythic and I think it would be nice to have a new gear color. Even if it's pink. But I would prefer red. If they can't use red because red is also code for "unusable" how about a bright yellow?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I will raid mythic and I think it would be nice to have a new gear color. Even if it's pink. But I would prefer red. If they can't use red because red is also code for "unusable" how about a bright yellow?
    Cyan is to bright, I feel Hot Pink could really work. But What about Golden or Silver ?
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because color doesn't matter. Are you waiting for someone to inspect you to see the color of the letters in your piece of gear's name? And do you think they really care? Or do you just want to sit and look at the color of the letters in your piece of gear's name and think that that color defines your skill? Because it doesn't.

Additionally, as someone already pointed out, Mythic is the same as our current Heroic mode so again there's no reason to introduce a new color for the same level of gear that is now already purple.
    Last edited by ACES; 2014-02-19 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I approve of Hot Pink, I'm also ok with Gold being a color.

- - - Updated - - -

Red is Developer Item color.
    Ahh wasnt sure of that.

As to golden suggestions, too close to Heirlooms IMO.

Maybe Silver then as previously suggested

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Yellow Is good - It worked quite well in D3