Thread: Any tips?

  1. #1
    Mechagnome Narwhalosh Whalescream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    master baiter of polished door handles...
    Posts
    644

    Any tips?

    Need some help for 500 bloody coins on timeless isle.
    What spec etc?
    Destro or affli?
    555 ilv
    Oh and what talents and glyphs?
    Other tips is appricated!
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-12-03 at 08:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's not a question of the bait you use so much as the wrist action when you flick it. You want it to just touch it's tip into the moisture, tease it a few times before letting it plunge fully into the wetness. Then use a swift jerking action to keep it bobbing up and down until the end. Then, when you pull it out you'll get the best end result.

  2. #2
    I just don't understand why at 555 ilvl you would need tips for Timeless Isle, and for only 500 coins at that. This is my personal opinion, and I usually help almost everyone, but the above questions seem to me like you should reroll another class to play because it is Timeless Isle. I was doing Timeless Isle at 390ish in Firelands gear.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I just don't understand why at 555 ilvl you would need tips for Timeless Isle, and for only 500 coins at that. This is my personal opinion, and I usually help almost everyone, but the above questions seem to me like you should reroll another class to play because it is Timeless Isle. I was doing Timeless Isle at 390ish in Firelands gear.
    I suspect, you were not PvPing in 390 gear too successfully.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I suspect, you were not PvPing in 390 gear too successfully.
    It was ok with people around, but no, it wasn't hugely successful. The point is at 555, he should pretty much be able to at least take some educated guesses and go from there.

    Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Narwhalosh Whalescream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    master baiter of polished door handles...
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    It was ok with people around, but no, it wasn't hugely successful. The point is at 555, he should pretty much be able to at least take some educated guesses and go from there.
    Im sorry im not a self educated 160 iq mensa piece of shit -_-
    Im just asking a normal question.... a normal question.... ok? Got it?
    PLaying on a big server as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's not a question of the bait you use so much as the wrist action when you flick it. You want it to just touch it's tip into the moisture, tease it a few times before letting it plunge fully into the wetness. Then use a swift jerking action to keep it bobbing up and down until the end. Then, when you pull it out you'll get the best end result.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster chaosjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Old Tristam
    Posts
    1,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimonde View Post
    Im sorry im not a self educated 160 iq mensa piece of shit -_-
    Im just asking a normal question.... a normal question.... ok? Got it?
    PLaying on a big server as well.
    butthurt much.

    Simple equip your gear kill people rinse repeat untill 500. nothing hard about it with your gear and class. go destro if you want to one shot low geared people.

    Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,731
    * I was a fool and thought of regular coins!

    Oh well shit happens.
    Last edited by Azutael; 2013-12-04 at 04:25 AM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    500 coins shouldn't take you long at all, killing dread ship once easily gives you up to 1k coins.

    I personally play demo, and just AoE shit down. Though I don't go across the bridge to the blazing way or whatever it is called. Since those elites are nasty even with the buffs available.

    Prefer to farm the turtles at the beach, they die very easily and can also drop meat you can turn in for extra coins.

    Try your luck and get the chi ji buff from a shrine, your dmg will skyrocket.
    He's talking about Bloody Coins.

    1. Get Water Walking potions.
    2. Sit by the Flight Master where all the AFK people land (you said you're on a big server).
    3. Farm AFK people and low geared/HP people fighting stuff on the beach.
    4. Use Water Walking potion to run out to flying mount area when they figure you out.

    I would personally go Afflction. It's less discreet and you can just get a bunch of dots rolling while people are fighting shit and then they just... die.
    Last edited by Prag; 2013-12-04 at 01:57 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    500 coins shouldn't take you long at all, killing dread ship once easily gives you up to 1k coins.

    I personally play demo, and just AoE shit down. Though I don't go across the bridge to the blazing way or whatever it is called. Since those elites are nasty even with the buffs available.

    Prefer to farm the turtles at the beach, they die very easily and can also drop meat you can turn in for extra coins.

    Try your luck and get the chi ji buff from a shrine, your dmg will skyrocket.
    BLOODY coins

    Are people on mmochamp able to read? At all?

    Bloody coins are the ones you get from PvP
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    He's talking about Bloody Coins.

    1. Get Water Walking potions.
    2. Sit by the Flight Master where all the AFK people land (you said you're on a big server).
    3. Farm AFK people and low geared/HP people fighting stuff on the beach.
    4. Use Water Walking potion to run out to flying mount area when they figure you out.

    I would personally go Afflction. It's less discreet and you can just get a bunch of dots rolling while people are fighting shit and then they just... die.
    Assuming he's on a PvP server. I play on a PvE server and it's pretty hard to get coins. I more or less have to flag in order to bait a rarespawn group into attacking me to flag and then hope I kill somebody before they get me.

    I only play Demonology, but I think in open world PvP, your spec matters a lot less. Self-healing and mobility are pretty important, and if you plan on picking multiple fights with people at once, obviously DoTs are helpful. Unfortunately, I think Affliction has the best DoTs but the least survivability.

    Also, maybe the people talking about Timeless Coins just thought the OP was British :P

    (PPS: I think affliction is more discreet than other specs)

  11. #11
    Prag is right. u want to get WW potions and be very sneaky.. like a rogue.. hide underwater mostly and wait till theres a lone person killing quest mobs/ or afk people then go in for the kill.. imo affliction is good if u make sure the ydont run away.. use curse of exhaustion glyphed if needed. and when u get found out be sure to run away. or turn off your buff. if u get friends to help u its even better but the more important thing is not getting caught.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Prag is right. u want to get WW potions and be very sneaky.. like a rogue.. hide underwater mostly and wait till theres a lone person killing quest mobs/ or afk people then go in for the kill.. imo affliction is good if u make sure the ydont run away.. use curse of exhaustion glyphed if needed. and when u get found out be sure to run away. or turn off your buff. if u get friends to help u its even better but the more important thing is not getting caught.
    The swim speed helmet works too, from the chest in the sunken ship

    15 minutes of unlimited underwater breath and +200% swim speed
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  13. #13
    get in a bloodcoin-farm groupe with destro specc and scumbag-execute everything

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,731
    BLOODY coins
    Are people on mmochamp able to read? At all?
    Sure I can read. My excuse is that it's late and I just skimmed, and forgot about the bloody coins.
    Everyone makes mistakes.

    Blood coins are awful to farm, the buffs help of course.

    get in a bloodcoin-farm groupe with destro specc and scumbag-execute everything
    hah, well that's one way.

    Also, are you still not guaranteed a coin from a kill ?
    Last edited by Azutael; 2013-12-04 at 04:27 AM.

  15. #15
    Dreadlord xytech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Stormscale
    Posts
    865
    I just started this myself, figured it would be a nice thing to do when bored. While I've only used the item twice, I still have 50 bloody coins (average 25 coins pr death) so I'm doing alright I think. What I do is just run around the isle, on stormscale there's people everywhere. I never stay on one location for too long, otherwise they'll group up and I can only solo 3-6 people depending on their gear/skill. I pretty much wreck everything in destro, and I got engineering so I can get out of bad situations.

    What's important is to have conflag glyph, that way you have a guaranteed slow. Considering most people rather run than fight you will need it. Also I'd say you should avoid glyphing eternal resolve, the silence immunity can be really convenient if multiple people choose to fight at once.


    For talents I prefer Dark Regen, shadowfury, soul link, burning rush, grimoire of sacrifice and kil'jaeden's cunning.
    Soul link + GoS = 20% bonus hp which will get you near 900k. People generally don't want to fight a dps with 900k hp so you'll get the intimidation factor. It also makes Dark Regen + Healthstone extremely efficient as well as your heals from embers. KJC is rather obvious as you'll need to be moving most of the time to chase people, burning rush also helps if they're mounted. Shadowfury is just a nice reliable stun which is always useful. Sacrifice void walker btw for the defensive cd, 1.2m hp and insane heals makes it really tough to get you down.

    When fighting multiple opponents at once you should remember to havoc shadowburn whenever possible and throw some fears out. Try to move away from the nearest graveyard as those you just killed are likely to return for you if you stay close.

    As a last tip I recommend using the item behind the graveyard with the guy with daily questions are. There's a nice crystal there to get you to nearly instant 100% and usually someone afk/weak in the graveyard to get a quick coin before moving on.

    Hope this helps, enjoy your slaughtering of innocents. Remember to feed on their souls when you're done =)
    Last edited by xytech; 2013-12-04 at 08:25 AM.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Narwhalosh Whalescream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    master baiter of polished door handles...
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by xytech View Post
    I just started this myself, figured it would be a nice thing to do when bored. While I've only used the item twice, I still have 50 bloody coins (average 25 coins pr death) so I'm doing alright I think. What I do is just run around the isle, on stormscale there's people everywhere. I never stay on one location for too long, otherwise they'll group up and I can only solo 3-6 people depending on their gear/skill. I pretty much wreck everything in destro, and I got engineering so I can get out of bad situations.

    What's important is to have conflag glyph, that way you have a guaranteed slow. Considering most people rather run than fight you will need it. Also I'd say you should avoid glyphing eternal resolve, the silence immunity can be really convenient if multiple people choose to fight at once.


    For talents I prefer Dark Regen, shadowfury, soul link, burning rush, grimoire of sacrifice and kil'jaeden's cunning.
    Soul link + GoS = 20% bonus hp which will get you near 900k. People generally don't want to fight a dps with 900k hp so you'll get the intimidation factor. It also makes Dark Regen + Healthstone extremely efficient as well as your heals from embers. KJC is rather obvious as you'll need to be moving most of the time to chase people, burning rush also helps if they're mounted. Shadowfury is just a nice reliable stun which is always useful. Sacrifice void walker btw for the defensive cd, 1.2m hp and insane heals makes it really tough to get you down.

    When fighting multiple opponents at once you should remember to havoc shadowburn whenever possible and throw some fears out. Try to move away from the nearest graveyard as those you just killed are likely to return for you if you stay close.

    As a last tip I recommend using the item behind the graveyard with the guy with daily questions are. There's a nice crystal there to get you to nearly instant 100% and usually someone afk/weak in the graveyard to get a quick coin before moving on.

    Hope this helps, enjoy your slaughtering of innocents. Remember to feed on their souls when you're done =)
    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's not a question of the bait you use so much as the wrist action when you flick it. You want it to just touch it's tip into the moisture, tease it a few times before letting it plunge fully into the wetness. Then use a swift jerking action to keep it bobbing up and down until the end. Then, when you pull it out you'll get the best end result.

  17. #17
    jee all those players waiting hours looking for an elite mob coz other player can get the mob before him....Battle for mobs has just begun...

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Narwhalosh Whalescream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    master baiter of polished door handles...
    Posts
    644
    Oh god, so many hate whispers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's not a question of the bait you use so much as the wrist action when you flick it. You want it to just touch it's tip into the moisture, tease it a few times before letting it plunge fully into the wetness. Then use a swift jerking action to keep it bobbing up and down until the end. Then, when you pull it out you'll get the best end result.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •