Thread: Sub classes?

Sub classes?

So we all know about sub races, just variations of a single race. What about sub classes?

For example, Hunter has Ranger, maybe a swash buckler?

Warrior has tons of variations, blademaster is one of them.

etc...

What sub classes do you think exist in WoW and do you think it would be a cool idea to expand on them?

I'd love to either see a 4th talent spec to represent some of these classes, or have you pick your class and that class branches into 3 classes that each have different talents. (Possibly same specs to help with balance.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they need to re-infuse Guardian and Feral on Druid, leave everyone with just 3 specs, and eliminate the conundrum which would be subclasses.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-12-02 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Edit

The specs are the sub-classes, imo.

For example, Warrior has Arms (Blademaster), Fury (Berserker), and Protection (Guardian).

Rogue has Assassination (Assassin), Combat (Swashbuckler-Pirate style fighting), and Subtlety (Somewhat of an assassin again?)

Etc, etc. Obviously not all classes are represented, but most sub-classes are in the game in some way, shape, or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The specs are the sub-classes, imo.

For example, Warrior has Arms (Blademaster), Fury (Berserker), and Protection (Guardian).

Rogue has Assassination (Assassin), Combat (Swashbuckler-Pirate style fighting), and Subtlety (Somewhat of an assassin again?)

Etc, etc. Obviously not all classes are represented, but most sub-classes are in the game in some way, shape, or form.
    Pretty much this.

While a prot and fury specc'd characters are both warriors, they're both very distinct.

If you will, the Prot specc'd warrior is the iconic knight, a plate juggernaut that can take anything keep on moving.

On the flip side, the Fury specc'd warrior is the barbarian, the berserking force of rage that tears through the enemy and despite his or her wounds, they still keep attacking.

Both are very different, and have iconic examples from other stories/worlds and author's interpretation. A prot warrior might be seen sitting at King Arthur's table as one of his knights, where as a Fury warrior might have lived in the Celtic woods among his tribe and fought to repel the Romans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhmm isnt thay called Specializations? Fury Warrior. Marksmanship hunter etc. Just the names you say are different. We already have sub classes What you say might be racial subs classes like Orc Blademaster or Night elf Warden! Blood elf arcanist etc etc
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Uhmm isnt thay called Specializations? Fury Warrior. Marksmanship hunter etc. Just the names you say are different. We already have sub classes What you say might be racial subs classes like Orc Blademaster or Night elf Warden! Blood elf arcanist etc etc
    Thats a cool idea, and yeah it is pretty much specializations, thats why it would be neat to take advantage of some these sub classes for more specs or more class variations. A Ranger wouldn't have a pet for example. If you could pick a hunter-ranger that has different talents and slightly different specs that would be neat. Might be hell to balance though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had my Warden Class into in one of the Threads here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-version-Lore

and another about 4rth spec http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-for-all-races
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-12-02 at 06:40 PM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

If it's cosmetic/visual stuff only, then sure. SInce specialization is basically sub classing. I would fucking love to have a sashimono on my warrior's back. The dwarves in Twilight Highlands have one, so does Grom and the orc blademasters.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.