Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    There are player races besides Troll? I thought those guys in my raid were bots!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    let me delete
    Last edited by mmoc30e02da2e4; 2016-10-02 at 10:59 PM.

troll rogue decent looks with racial that blows everything out of water, beastslaying carry guilds through hc thok

Deleted
    Considering that you'll be looking at the character for a long, long time, I'd say looks over minmax dps every time. Every single time.
    With that being said, trolls look badass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    go for looks always, which races wears their armor in the best way, which race has the best animations, combat and non combat, are just a few things you need to consider when race changing.
    Racials won't really mean a whole lot in the future.

Deleted
    Minmax that dps son! Trolls have the best racials and best looks!

Go for a troll imo. Undead too common, go for the Unique

I switched to undead from troll JUST because I liked the look better, honestly pick which ever you like the best as the increase in dps is minimal

***also, remember that they stated at blizzcon that they wanted to balance racials more for WOD so by the time it hits dps increase may not really matter

15+ Year Old Account
    Rolled a Goblin when Cata released.

Still play it and for me its the best Rogue class (with Engi ofc).

I dont like UD Rogues, to small, dont like Orc Rogue, to big. Dont like Panda Rogue, too fat. Trolls are just ugly in all ways imo.

But ye i go for looks, i play casual and dont care about racials

Deleted
    BELF male, I know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by styrd View Post
    BELF male, I know you want to

10+ Year Old Account
    I always held a seething hatred for people that would give up their identity and looks for a little 1% bonus to something. Enjoy your character or don't bother playing it at all.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I always held a seething hatred for people that would give up their identity and looks for a little 1% bonus to something. Enjoy your character or don't bother playing it at all.
    Wipe to more bosses at 1% then come back IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    Blizzard said they're going to be taking a look at racials next expansion, so the better idea would be to pick the race you want to look like.
    This and to be honest, only a handful of players in the world are good enough to where the >1% dps increase will be noticeable/matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    This and to be honest, only a handful of players in the world are good enough to where the >1% dps increase will be noticeable/matter.
    This is very misleading. ~1% matters for any group that is on the brink (1%) of a kill, and doesn't matter for the rest. Most (if not all) guilds that got 10/14H in 24 hours could do it without the last 1% in bonuses (#11 as Thok is much more iffy for Wfirst Horde-side Thok kills, but that's because beast slaying is hurr hurr). Many guilds also struggle to get the last couple percent down on bosses when those bosses are progression, or finish fights with 1-2 people alive post-enrage - this happens now, even in flex raids (although the people who are dying <1% in those should be more focused on how to play than how to maximize their characters' races). Just because you don't hit .01-.99% on a boss 3-10 times during progression doesn't mean the last 1% wouldn't make or break some pull you do.

As mentioned multiple times at the start of this thread, it's really all about whether or not the racials matter to you and/or the group you raid with. Hopefully the gap in racials will be smaller in the future, however... try comparing a profile like Dwarf Affliction Warlock against Troll Affliction Warlock for a 9:30 Thok kill, and the results would make you choke on your coffee. It's not far off the 10% difference mark between the stacked multiplicative bonuses (less important for rogues, thankfully) and Beastslaying (seriously, that racial on applicable fights is just stupid). I doubt anyone would really argue a 10% bonus isn't worth looking at... or 5%, for that matter.

I wouldn't go for min-max race unless you are going to raid world top 20 or higher.

If you go undead, please go undead females. I know re-skins are coming, but male undeads are just ugh, female undeads do frontflips on special attacks and their animations are pretty great