Page 1 of 16
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Ysera's gift is not useful healing

    It's clutter, white noise, etc. It looks good on overall healing in logs because 5 million sounds like a big number. It's never saved anyone from dying, nor prevented a healer from needing to heal a person taking damage. Players take it because it's passive and don't want to use another keybind.

    Doesn't help the raid either most of the time heals yourself, rather than the guy that needs it.

    *Cenarion Ward and Renewal for DPS specs specifically are, IMO, better ways to handle the burst damage of boss encounters (weaving it in between or with other healing CDs like NS or healthstone depending on the situation). Ysera's isn't potent enough at times to help as much as renewal and ward can with raid damage.
    Last edited by officerlahey; 2013-12-09 at 05:04 AM.

  2. #2
    How dare you say that about my passive heal! It's one less button to push, and the other ones are nearly useless. What's wrong with it? Nothing. Would you rather have *nothing*?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    It's never saved anyone from dying
    How do you know?

  4. #4
    The self-heal talent is utterly useless, while the Cenarion Ward is... "special".

    So the Ysera thing is the only one with actual reliability - and it is free healing for no mana cost.
    Tinker + Alchemist in a single class:
    Tank spec: robotics, steampunk hammers/chainsaws, grappling hooks and heavy machinery.
    Melee dps spec: doping yourself with chems and tossing vicious acids on the enemies.
    Ranged dps: rockets, lasers, TNT critters and explosives, shrink rays and sapper mines.
    Healing spec: chemical sprays, needles, exploding flasks and other chemical type abilities to heal.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Eace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    610
    I see where you are coming from, but it's nice to know that YG saves me from healing myself when I take moderate damage, and I can just spend the gcd to heal someone else.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    How dare you say that about my passive heal! It's one less button to push, and the other ones are nearly useless. What's wrong with it? Nothing. Would you rather have *nothing*?
    2 other choices, which you can manage on people that are actually taking damage.

    Also this thread was directed primarily at dps, but the principle carries to healers somewhat less

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,727
    So? All your points are aimed PvE, There is also PvP in this game too, works nicely there, and please, none of this silly "it's a minigame" bullshit, that's been disproven many, many times over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  8. #8
    first: it negates almost everyp iece of dmg youd take as a bear in solo content

    second: its not for saving you in a raid, its for relieving healers slightly. it does that perfectly, one of the most useful talents for soling and bears.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I see where you are coming from, but it's nice to know that YG saves me from healing myself when I take moderate damage, and I can just spend the gcd to heal someone else.
    depending on hp pool 30k every 5seconds will not heal moderate damage. It's faster than out of heal regen sure... Haven't done LFR in a while though do sustained damage abilities actually tick for that low?

    Point is it's usually on yourself, when you don't need it. Take another personal in the other 2 talents, or ward the raid if you're that big of team player.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    So? All your points are aimed PvE, There is also PvP in this game too, works nicely there, and please, none of this silly "it's a minigame" bullshit, that's been disproven many, many times over.
    Ward/renewal are 100times better for surviving in arena (renewal vs hunter/enh burst stuff if their on you ward otherwise)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The self-heal talent is utterly useless, while the Cenarion Ward is... "special".

    So the Ysera thing is the only one with actual reliability - and it is free healing for no mana cost.
    The self-heal's useful if you don't have a warlock.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhany View Post
    second: its not for saving you in a raid, its for relieving healers slightly. it does that perfectly, one of the most useful talents for soling and bears.
    Don't think you quite understand a 30k tick every 5seconds. healers will still need heal you for the same amount after raid pulse damage, when you could have warded or renewaled so you would need no healing.

    Like I said, just white noise, that looks like good overall healing in meters after a boss fight/

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Don't think you quite understand a 30k tick every 5seconds. healers will still need heal you for the same amount after raid pulse damage, when you could have warded or renewaled so you would need no healing.

    Like I said, just white noise, that looks like good overall healing in meters after a boss fight/
    Maybe you should find a guild that doesn't snipe heal everyone to max hp and actually use HoTs effectively.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-12-02 at 08:14 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Maybe you should find a guild that doesn't snipe heal everyone to max hp then and actually use HoTs effectively.
    Again it ticks too slowly to be of any use during raid damage and for too little. Maybe you don't understand how the talent works yet because it's in the old NS spot? This has nothing to do with sniping heals...

  14. #14
    It is useful and good. It absolutely generates useful healing, especially when raid damage goes out. Some players take healing and don't need to have hots on them, etc. A druid can play around having it and heal themself less. Their other options are a self heal, which is 100% useless as resto pve, and a reactive hot, which is better if used properly, but like... as a resto druid you HAVE a toolkit, and making one passive isn't going to hurt you too much. The ward is best if someone is going to take a big dot. But I'm a big fan of Ysera's gift anywhere there aren't guards around. Not a fan of oqueuing celestials, and having some aggro rogue ownface a horde, then get guards killing him, and now they hate me because YG decided to heal him. Go take it up with Ysera, stupid Pandaguards!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    It is useful and good. It absolutely generates useful healing, especially when raid damage goes out. Some players take healing and don't need to have hots on them, etc. A druid can play around having it and heal themself less. Their other options are a self heal, which is 100% useless as resto pve, and a reactive hot, which is better if used properly, but like... as a resto druid you HAVE a toolkit, and making one passive isn't going to hurt you too much. The ward is best if someone is going to take a big dot. But I'm a big fan of Ysera's gift anywhere there aren't guards around. Not a fan of oqueuing celestials, and having some aggro rogue ownface a horde, then get guards killing him, and now they hate me because YG decided to heal him. Go take it up with Ysera, stupid Pandaguards!
    Again I'm guessing a lot of the perspective here is LFR? Heroic/normal mode raids don't work like this during major boss mechanics it's going to squeeze out something like 60-90k healing when you could have renewaled to full(meaning smart heals go to other people), requiring no healing, or warded someone in trouble. It doesn't focus the healing when it matters the most, which the other 2 talents allow you to do

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Again it ticks too slowly to be of any use during raid damage and for too little. Maybe you don't understand how the talent works yet because it's in the old NS spot? This has nothing to do with sniping heals...
    It actually has a lot to do with snipe healing. If you have healers who just spam all their mana on healing everyone to 100% instead of letting HoTs (extremley efficient HPM) do the work. the only situation in which this doesn't work is for the few fights every expansion with consistently high raid wide damage (Empress, Garalon, Gara'jal).


    Why aren't you also making a thread about how Moonkin's passive armour buff doesn't make a noticeable difference to how people heal you or how the Cat Form glyph doesn't make a noticeable difference.

    Cenarion Ward is terribly weak and completely useless, also since you seem so concerned about how the talent choice effects what spells your healers cast on who, using CW randomly on people won't change how the healers heal them. Exactly the same with Renewal, using Renewal at random times is going to make no change to how your healers heal you, exactly the same thing as Healthstones.

    Then look at Ysera's Gift, everyone has been in a situation where they survive by 10 or 20k health, Ysera's Gift may have contributed to them being 30k higher than they would have otherwise been and save them.

    Sure it's not the greatest talent but you're comparing shit to another sort of shit. It's a talent tier which gives small survivability bonuses, whether or not you live/die shouldn't (and isn't) dependent on your talent choice.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-12-02 at 08:28 PM.

  17. #17
    I heal flex mostly, which is kind of like a raid. I think our actual druid uses it in regs and heroics, but I'll have to ask her, I'm not sure.

    I don't doubt that you can make correct use of the other talents and get more out of them, but you are already doing things with your buttons and fingers! I don't think YG is trash, is my point, given that it is fully attention and mana free.

  18. #18
    Ysera's gift is amazing. Free healing, where it is needed can never be wrong. The other talents are prettymuch crap anyway on that tier, at least Ysera's gift does something useful without wasting an extra hotkey on superfluous shit. I like the druid toolkit as is, adding a self only heal button on a cooldown or an extra tank hot on a cooldown isn't something exciting or useful to me when I already have other means of accomplishing the same thing.

    I like it. Saying it's heals aren't useful are kinda like saying cenarion ward's heals aren't useful either because adding another hot on someone when most of it is gonna be overhealing anyway... Doesn't make much diff. As for the comment that it's never saved anyone, I highly doubt that. In heavy AOE situations where the whole raid is getting slammed by damage, ive seen people drop to health pools so small you can't even see the green in them and that damage is still constantly going out. I'm pretty sure ysera's gift has saved many lives in such situations to buy a second for you to get some real healing on people.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

  19. #19
    If it does 30k every 5 seconds, then it's hardly useless. That's more than Renew, which sees a lot of use in 10s and PvP.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    So what are you trying to say? Why aren't you also making a thread about how Moonkin's passive armour buff doesn't make a noticeable difference to how people heal you or how the Cat Form glyph doesn't make a noticeable difference.
    Terrible analogy because there's no other options to those and it doesn't translate into the choice there is with the talent tree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Cenarion Ward is terribly weak and completely useless, also since you seem so concerned about how the talent choice effects what spells your healers cast on who, using CW randomly on people won't change how the healers heal them. Exactly the same with Renewal, using Renewal at random times is going to make no change to how your healers heal you, exactly the same thing as Hearthstones.
    Do you have actual numbers to compare or are you just talking out of nowhere? Main point being is you can take the useless healing from ysera's during peroids of virtually no raid damage and focus it to harder aspects of the encounter to get through it because ysera's wasn't enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Sure it's not the greatest talent but you're comparing shit to another sort of shit.
    Goal was more or less to get people to realize that most talents, including the druid healing tier is situational. People take ysera's gift all the time regardless of it being sub-optimal or not. They all do close to the same "HPS" if you use them on CD, but the way they are designed allows you to be more useful in different situations. Ysera's gift is actually rarely the ideal choice for any encounter because chances are the harder parts of the fight could have been smoothed out more from the increased healing from the other options in that tier.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Ysera's gift is amazing. Free healing, where it is needed can never be wrong. .
    So much wrong with this. First, renewal is also free. It is wrong when it heals someone at 99% hp with a rejuv on them. Then I stopped reading because no one cares to understand how the talent works or what kind of healing is actually most useful for boss encounters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •