Deleted

Is Ghostcrawler going to League of Legends?

As it appears, Ghostcrawler follows 25 people on Twitter. 24 of those are WoW and Blizzard-related. Number 25 is Morello, Lead Content Designer for.... League of Legends (heard that in Convert To Raid)

It should have been Dota 2 instead.

Wouldn't that be nice. Another game for him to "balance". ( not a LoL fan btw; inb4 fanboi QQ)

Ghostcrawler and Morello had a "discussion" of sort that started on Twitter back in June:

Morello = http://i.imgur.com/2tSkfWX.png

GC = http://i.imgur.com/wPD8V2Z.png

That convo seemed to have sparked this new relationship and the possibility of GC at LoL.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2013-12-02 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post
    Wouldn't that be nice. Another game for him to "balance". ( not a LoL fan btw; inb4 fanboi QQ)
    Don't we have enough of such unfounded unqualified assumptions already?

From the front page:
    Ghostcrawler's Departure
    I was Lead Systems Designer most of the time I was on WoW. I split lead duties with Cory as Lead Content Designer.
    Both of us reported to the Game Director, Tom Chilton, Kalgan. Nearly every decision any of us made was by consensus.
    And Chilton reports to Moorhaime/Metzen/Prado/Pearce.

So if you wanna bash, try harder....
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

If this is true GC is a confirmed masochist.

Not content with torrents of abuse from children and young adults who should know better, he has seen fit to upgrade his life by diving into the cesspool of online communities. The only way up from here is moderating 4chan, gratis.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post

Not content with torrents of abuse from children and young adults who should know better, he has seen fit to upgrade his life by diving into the cesspool of online communities. The only way up from here is moderating 4chan, gratis.
    Money is money

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Money is money
    And sanity is a difficult thing to buy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post

Huh, this is almost worthy to quote in to signature.

I doubt he's going to any game. A person in his position and the information he knows, his contractual conditions will most likely state that he can't. I know my contract says that and I am in no way in a position that GC is/was in.

Doubt it as it's a completely different kind of game and fairly far along. So, unless their team is full of people currently dying or on suicide watch, bringing in a new lead of any kind from outside the company at this point would be just weird and disruptive.

Chances are there's another major gaming company he idolizes that finally just said "tell him we've got a spot open."

Alternatively, maybe his degree finally caught back up with him.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

would be nice, then i'd never have ot hear from him again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    I doubt he's going to any game. A person in his position and the information he knows, his contractual conditions will most likely state that he can't. I know my contract says that and I am in no way in a position that GC is/was in.
    Sounds like he is going to a new game from his tweets:
    " @Pretendposer If I change twitter names or accounts I'll be sure to let you know. Those who followed for WoW might not want [new game] spam."
    Personally hoping for EQ next or Wildstar maybe, could use gc feeds from those

He changed his Twitter profile recently.

"Current: Lead Designer, someplace cool. Past lives: Ghostcrawler on World of Warcraft, DeathShrimp on Age of Empires, marine scientist."

So it sounds like he is Lead Designer for somewhere! Dunno much about LoL, so don't really have a view on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    As it appears, Ghostcrawler follows 25 people on Twitter. 24 of those are WoW and Blizzard-related. Number 25 is Morello, Lead Content Designer for.... League of Legends (heard that in Convert To Raid)

Why would he go to a game that's dying out already? Plenty other BETTER mobas out there now. Morello single handedly f***ed LoL by being the worst game designer ever. The balancing he has made patch after patch has been mind boggling and atrocious. Look at how many champs are never played/outdated./neverused. All new champs are generic and re-skinned versions of old ones and then the old ones look even more outdated. People with lvl 30 accounts are still as bad as lvl 1 players. The tribunal is the worst feature ever implemented in a game. The maps apart from rift all suck. Thank Goodness for Aram(that at least takes skill). LoL WAS the fast paced moba, now it's just a disaster of snowballing and 40 minute champion development with no real profit from getting to 40 min. I can suck an entire game and still have a decent amount of gold to catch up (THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN). The only thin LoL had going was the (free) aspect and has a community full of noobs and bad players.

SO TLDR: GC wouldn't go to a dying breed MOBA where everything else is just hands down better.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point no one really knows where he's going that isn't personally involved in the move. So this is pointless. In addition another thread to either criticize or compliment GC seems unnecessary and game bashing is not allowed anyway. So derailed, not going anywhere and pointless.

So be it: closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."