Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why Do Some Think America has No Culture?

I think I know the answer to this (stupid people are stupid) and I'm mainly asking this out of boredom, but why do a lot of people, especially Europeans, say that America has no culture? We have a rich culture that influences the world more than any other single nation, yet to some we live in a culture less wasteland rife with horrors. I mean, I joke about Canada not having a culture but I am not serious. I've met people in real life that don't believe we have one culture, let alone dozens if not more major cultures. This isn't an observation or argument about the quality or merits of our culture as that's another discussion entirely.

I just ask where tho perspective springs from?
    Last edited by GreatOak; 2013-12-03 at 01:18 AM.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I think I know the answer to this (stupid people are stupid) and I'm mainly asking this out of boredom, but by do a lot of people, especially Europeans, say that America has no culture? We have a rich culture that influences the world more than any other single nation, yet to some we live in a culture less wasteland rife with horrors. I mean, I joke about Canada not having a culture but I am not serious. I've met people in real life that don't believe we have one culture, let alone dozens if not more major cultures. This isn't an observation or argument about the quality or merits of our culture as that's another discussion entirely.

Define culture.

Because, even though Murrica has one of the most proeminent and rich cultures around the world, murritards prefer, instead of appreciating it, to sit on their fatmobiles in Walmart, gobble down cheddar blocks and blame Obama for their shitty health.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-12-03 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post
    Because, even though Murrica has one of the most proeminent and rich cultures around the world, murritards prefer, instead of appreciating it, to sit on their fatmobiles in Walmart, gobble down cheddar blocks and blame Obama for their shitty health.
    Excuse me sir, i am not fat, nor do i shop at wal-mart. I prefer Target! And cheeze-its sucks!

I've never ever heard of any person outside of the USA claim that we have no culture.

I've heard a few people claim were uncivilized and lack maybe some deep cultural philosophies, but never ever minus a culture altogether.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Don't disparage my culture. Fatmobiles in Walmart are God's gift to the chosen people.
    That person is probably an American. I've heard more of my fellow Americans say that about others than non-Americans have.

Don't disparage my culture. Fatmobiles in Walmart are God's gift to the chosen people.
    It amazes me that some people think Jesus wasn't an American. He was white. That's really all the evidence I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    It amazes me that some people think Jesus wasn't an American. He was white. That's really all the evidence I need.
    Wait, What? Are you telling me that Jesus in fact was not an American? Next you will say Santa doesn't exist!

America has culture, it just isn't white culture. We borrow ours from the Hispanics.

Deleted
    I think I know the answer to this (stupid people are stupid) and I'm mainly asking this out of boredom, but why do a lot of people, especially Europeans, say that America has no culture? We have a rich culture that influences the world more than any other single nation, yet to some we live in a culture less wasteland rife with horrors. I mean, I joke about Canada not having a culture but I am not serious. I've met people in real life that don't believe we have one culture, let alone dozens if not more major cultures. This isn't an observation or argument about the quality or merits of our culture as that's another discussion entirely.

Probably because they hate American culture to the point of denying it exists.

Denial is often used by haters. Just look at Holocaust deniers. They hide behind "legitimate historical concerns" but in reality they just hate Jews.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Quite clearly English. Just listen to his accent...

If he wasn't English, then why is the Bible written in English? You can't answer that one, can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalch View Post

[Infracted]
    http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

Keep up the banter bro I like it. Walmart culture makes for a good laugh though that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

If he wasn't English, then why is the Bible written in English? You can't answer that one, can you?
    You guys don't seem to realize in order to be American you have to speak American, Jesus isn't american he's english as in from the UK. Case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, if memory serves, it was actual written in Hebrew and Greek....

10+ Year Old Account
    Define culture.
    We're Australia with more guns, less cunts, more walmarts, more Subway restaurants, and more freedom*

10+ Year Old Account
    Define the American Culture.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of... bland? I don't know, it might just be a case of "welcome to the 21st century get up with the times already" but cities look -really- boring and almost all American cities look the same. Hell, I could wake it up in new york and it'll take awhile for me to realize I'm in New York. We've basically taken this piece of land and made a giant shopping mall out it and while people may be happy with that, I can't help but to cringe every time I see cars zipping about on the highway, the hive going to and fro from wall-mart and these megamarts next to the mini-marts and between the mini-marts you got the gas stations and between those...

Well, you get to the point. It's kind of an eyesore from the perspective that's born and raised in the country-side and the only thing that has it going for them is that everything is in arm's reach. Of course, cities alone doesn't define a culture but we're pretty much what you can expect from a nation like ours. We're driven by money, we're under the idea that with enough hard work we can reach to the top, it's mainly centered around the individual, with a slight fanatical devotion to our troops and we'll support a sticker company with our hard earned time spent wasting in a cubicle in the form of cash to show support for said troops.

So to sum it up, we have culture but it's rough around the edges and not a pretty sight but it has good fundamentals and does things right to a degree. When you pair up somebody from a different country with one of our own, you can definitely see the difference in many aspects. Even on a state level we kind of have our own sort of culture and you can see -that- difference if you pair someone up from my home state, Texas, to someone over in D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Well, if memory serves, it was actual written in Hebrew and Greek....
    Were you there when it was written? I suspect not. Stop spreading this anti-American nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're Australia with more guns, less cunts, more walmarts, more Subway restaurants, and more freedom*
    I dunno, there's a lot of *cunts* in America. We also have much better Bacon then Canada no matter how much they want to brag.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You forgot we also have fewer poisonous animals.
    Unless you count the population of New Jersey.