Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have as little interest in people who care how other women look after birth, as of women who has to post pictures on how she look after birth.
    Less time instagraming, more time giving their child the only boobs they will see in a decade.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So bikinis: raging slut bag or OK?

Bikinis are fine. Underwear is fine. Lingerie is fine. Posting a picture of you half naked on the internet after you just had a baby is demanding attention for your looks. One would think the self satisfaction or even her husband and close friends saying " You look amazing" would be enough to keep her self confidence up. By posting this on the internet she is "whoring" for attention.

She is 'famous' in her own right - she's a fitness vlogger/blogger and is in insane shape (and was even during pregnancy) There's really is nothing wrong with her showing how quickly you can bounce back when you want too - however her insulting and pretty much demeaning attitude in the actual article is what is causing the backlash

Another one of these threads?

Good. Fat people should be ashamed. Not shamed, ashamed. Unless you have a legitimate medical condition, there's no excuse. None. Stop it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

this is just my opinion, but I believe uncomfortable feelings exist as a tool from your body to give you the message that you should change something.

so when fat people feel ashamed of being fat, it's because being fat is bad for them and they should do their best to change it. and we KNOW that being fat is bad for one's health.

so I don't see why posting a picture of yourself being slim should be wrong just because it makes fat people feel ashamed.

it's like saying "burn paining is wrong because it makes people on fire feel pain about their immolation!"
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Another one of these threads?

Good. Fat people should be ashamed. Not shamed, ashamed. Unless you have a legitimate medical condition, there's no excuse. None. Stop it.
    Dont you know , all fat people have a thyroid problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Dont you know , all fat people have a thyroid problem.
    No, some of them just have big bones.

(I'll post something constructive in here if people are willing to deal with me).

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    My main issue would be that my mom or wife just posted a picture of herself in bra and panties for the world of internet to jerk off to. At some point you should stop being a raging slut bag. For me and family, that would be motherhood. To each their own, I guess.
    Don't ever post topless pics to show off your l33t abs lest you appear hypocritical.

I'm done, goodbye. Fuck this gay earth.

I thought I was going to see some fat blubber chick getting made fun of for gaining a ton of weight (which is normal) during pregnancy. I am now confused. Outside of my lack of knowledge if it's good to stay fit while pregnant or not, I don't see how this matters even in the slightest. The mom looks great, good for her. If people would stop being lazy, they could look pretty good too. I don't get the hate.

The shame isn't innate to being fat like pain is to burning. Not to mention "shaming" in "fat shaming" doesn't refer to feeling shame, but rather to people actively trying to induce feelings of shame in a fat person for being fat.
    shame is innate to being in a perceived inferior condition. I believe (again, just my opinion) that if we begin to see being fat as an equally valuable condition as being fit, than people will be less healthy, and governments will have to spend more money on healthcare, and everybody except for the health industry is gonna end up losing something here.

so it's within society's best interests to see the fat condition as an inferior condition, and it's within fat people's best interests to get fit, not to "score more sex" or to be "pretty", but to be healthy.

I'm a bit chubby, and I feel the consequences on my health already. I should get fit, but I'm lazy as fuck, so I don't. since I'm lazy, I'm fat, and therefore I must be ashamed of taking my shirt off in public or something, because that's proof of my laziness and inconsequential behavior.

of course, people with health conditions that make it impossible for them to get fit shouldn't feel ashamed of themselves because they didn't bring it upon themselves, but they are exceptions.

I'm just pointing out why the analogy doesn't work. I'm too tired to be interested in this argument right now and frankly I don't really care what anyone's opinion is in the end so long as they don't actually think shaming is an effective solution to the obesity epidemic.
    it's not an effective solution, but it's a stimulus to put you in the right direction.

I'm just pointing out why the analogy doesn't work. I'm too tired to be interested in this argument right now and frankly I don't really care what anyone's opinion is in the end so long as they don't actually think shaming is an effective solution to the obesity epidemic.
    I disagree. Expressing disgust should be a motivating factor.

Let's say: I smell bad. Maybe I know I smell bad, maybe I don't. It would take maybe one comment on my odor from someone for me to rethink my hygiene practices.

It might not work but saying it's okay to be fat definitely won't either.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's not an effective solution, but it's a stimulus to put you in the right direction.
    So god damn stupid.

There are real negative health concerns and quality of life issues with obesity. People don't need abuse and shaming added to the list.

It's like saying bullying is ok because there's probably a real reason they're bullied and if they leave school crying often enough maybe they'll change their ways and stop being fat and stupid and poor.

I didn't read anything in this thread except the quoted post, it was so simpled-minded that I just had to respond.

My example wasn't meant to be perfect. Think a bit, maybe, or go to sleep and think while sleeping, and you might understand how it applies.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I disagree. Expressing disgust should be a motivating factor.

Let's say: I smell bad. Maybe I know I smell bad, maybe I don't. It would take maybe one comment on my odor from someone for me to rethink my hygiene practices.
    But someone pointing out that you smell bad isn't equal to someone shaming you. It's all in the attitude and the approach.

Person 1: Hey, I'm not trying to be offensive, but I think you have an issue with your body odor, and a few people have noticed it.
    Person 2: Hey idiot, learn to shower, you have no excuse not to clean yourself properly in the morning.

I have no issue with people posting pictures of themselves, nor of taking pride in how they look. It's when they turn it on other people that it crosses the line.... and if you believe in freedom of choice, that has to include the freedom to make bad choices, or it's not actually freedom.

(Don't confuse this with me saying people should make bad decisions or be fat; I'm in the military so neither is an option for me if I want to keep my position. I'm just commenting that there's no value in making free decisions if there's no chance of making a bad one, nor is there any value in shaming others even if what those people are doing is bad for them.)

I understand what you are trying to say. I am telling you it is incorrect to think shaming is an even remotely intelligent solution.
    I think my original point was ashamed, not shamed. But sometimes it takes a kick in the ass for people to act on what they already know.

It was, but you said "I disagree" to a post about shaming.
    Yes, and I continued in the post you quoted and explained why I disagree.

Your pedantry is fun sometimes, but it gets tiresome too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd tap that.

OT: It's pathetic that people bitch that people posted a picture of her. IT'S GOOD that she is still looking good after pregnancy. Geez
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi