Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    You're either talking about shaming, which no amount of explaining will suddenly make correct, or you're not and I don't care anyways.
    Alright, if I post a pic of myself on FB captioned: "Whew! 6 month beer bender! Sober now, still looking good!"

Am I shaming?

Let's say I'm FB friends with my neighbor and I post something like: "I really hate people who don't mow their lawn."

Am I shaming?

In the second case, might my neighbor get the hint? I'm sure he knows the lawn needs to be mowed.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I wouldn't call either of those shaming.
    Then the woman in the pic at the front of this thread shouldn't be considered that way either.

And fat people still need a kick in the ass.

Edit: by stop being "fat" I don't mean magazine-perfect. I mean, don't be morbidly obese.

Your conclusion is that my opinion should remain what it was all along? I'm pretty sure I didn't call the last picture that started this type of thread fat shaming either and that one was more direct.
    My opinion about you was stated a few posts ago.

My opinion in general is that there are no excuses (re: the woman in the other thread).

Deleted
    She doesnt look fit. Just skinny.
    But thats better than fat tho.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A fat cunt can post a semi naked picture of herself with #Ilovemyself and get nothing but encouragement.

A hot chick posts a semi naked picture is drowned out by envy and shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    The woman should be proud of her fitness goals. It's a tad vain to post it online but whatever that isn't a big deal.

Scooby nails it on the head in the first 1:40 mins of this video. I suggest all of you take a look.

People need to remove the equation of feelings and shaming when it comes to weight. Most people have zero excuses. Zero. There is always a solution for the majority of us. It's all about choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    A fat cunt can post a semi naked picture of herself with #Ilovemyself and get nothing but encouragement.

A hot chick posts a semi naked picture is drowned out by envy and shame.
    I think when people see the hot chick they get upset because what they really see is vanity.

What I find interesting about the overweight woman posting a picture and "loving" herself is that people are inclined to applaud resignation. Because that's what it is, resignation.
    You make me smile with my heart.

Yeah, if anything, this is "fit shaming".

She looks good, but it's unrealistic for everyone to expect to look like that after pregnancy...looking that good after popping out a kid is pretty nuts, honestly I would have expected her to have at least another 10-15 lbs on her frame immediately after giving birth. People shouldn't be trying to shame her, though--better to keep yourself in the best health possible and work with the genetics you have, and not compare yourself to others.

4 days after giving birth...she should still be puffy from the water weight, hopefully she ate enough while pregnant and was not underweight (which can happen if you have issues w/keeping food down, morning sickness can occur throughout a pregnancy).

I think this is a little extreme. Posting some douchey 'what's your excuse?' pic is an act worthy of shaming, it's being snide and insensitive and crude to others thinly veiled as 'motivating' them. Just posting a pic showing how you look isn't worth such overwhelming negativity. But as others have said, this is the Internet. You make anything public, expect to get ridiculed and/or trolled for it. I think this Penny Arcade puts it pretty well.

Trying to shit on fit people for being fit is just another way for fat people to try and feel better about being fat. Instead of actually getting off their ass and doing something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I think this is a little extreme. Posting some douchey 'what's your excuse?' pic is an act worthy of shaming, it's being snide and insensitive and crude to others thinly veiled as 'motivating' them.
    So... what is your excuse?

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks pretty good. That's all I really took away from the article.

Whiners gonna whine
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Motorboat that.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Another one of these threads?

Good. Fat people should be ashamed. Not shamed, ashamed. Unless you have a legitimate medical condition, there's no excuse. None. Stop it.
    The problem is that even people with a legitimate medical condition get shamed for "being lazy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Maybe it's not fat shaming but shaming "natural boobs?"

Did people ever think of that? I mean, I'd still motorboat those like I said before...but those things are fake as fuck.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Maybe it's not fat shaming but shaming "natural boobs?"

Did people ever think of that? I mean, I'd still motorboat those like I said before...but those things are fake as fuck.
    Fake tits can be nice if a natural shape is preserved or enhanced. Even the obviously fake ones have a certain novelty to them, though it quickly wears off after playing with them a couple times.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I think shes just proud of how she looks. If I looked like that right after being pregnant I would be too. If anything this is shaming of fit and skinny people.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow it shows how sometimes jealousy can really just mess up society

That is a frighteningly attractive post-pregnancy body. Only 4 days after giving birth too? Shit, I hope she didn't starve her kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

I see the picture. I read the responses. And all I think is, they're just jealous she's hot and are lashing out at her like teenage girls.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation