Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Getting your lover's name tattooed on you

How bad/good do you think it is for someone to get their lover's name tattooed onto their body? One of my girlfriends and I were joking around a while back about getting each other's name tattooed on each other, we said if one of us when through with it then the other would agree to go through with it as well. Of course this was all joking but in her head it was serious.

Well, recently a couple days ago, I started to grow bored of the relationship so I thought it was time to end it. I wanted to do it face to face so I met up with her one day. Before I even got the chance to tell her what's up she interrupted me and told me she had an early surprise Christmas present for me. She showed me her thigh and was a tattoo of my first, middle AND last name surrounded with hearts and roses. It was a pretty big tattoo and she told me it costed around 500 bucks. I was in disbelieve and actually had to ask her if this was a joke.

Because of this I decided to postpone the break up because of the possible negative psychological effect it could have on her. And now I'm supposed to get her name tattooed on me but there is no way in hell I'm about to go through with that. Apparently a small laugh we had a while ago has came back to haunt me. Now I am in a rough spot because I no longer want to see this female but something slipped in the back of my mind that told me it would be wrong to break up with her after she tattooed my name on her body.

She has constantly been bugging me about getting the tattoo and even offered to pay for it for me and I don't know the best possible way to tell her "no, I want to end this relationship"

If she's dumb enough to brand herself, that's her problem. You aren't obligated to stay with her because she is a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact she got a tattoo will not save your relationship. The sooner you end it the better for you both.

And why is it that people haven't figured out by now that getting the tattoo of your significant other is one of the worst ideas in the universe?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Break up with her.

All this other incidental stuff is meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I would never tattoo another persons name on myself.
    Just break up with her already and get it over with.
    Yeah she'll be pissed, but this situation is entirely on her.

Easy fix - sleep with the light on?

WoW, that would scare me right out of the relationship, i would bail.

No, no and no! Just flee while you can to be honest.

You should never get a tattoo you wouldn't still want if circumstances changed. If you're the kind of person to get another persons name tattoed on you, you should at least think whether you will still be ok with it there when they die/leave you and just accept it as a part of your life that was worth permenantly marking on your skin.

How bad/good do you think it is for someone to get their lover's name tattooed onto their body?
    Its always a horrible idea unless they're dead. End of story.

Names only are suitable if its in remembrance of a sibling or birth of a child.

Even then it's kind of...hrrrrm

This is not healthy, and you'll be better off breaking it off.
    "Too late, and to their sorrow, do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate" - Judge Bergan

The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts

10+ Year Old Account
    its her own damn fault she tatooed your name to herself.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    She has constantly been bugging me about getting the tattoo and even offered to pay for it for me and I don't know the best possible way to tell her "no, I want to end this relationship"
    I gotta ask.

How long have you been seeing this person?

Weeks? Months? Years?

10+ Year Old Account
    never get your significant other's name tattooed on you. even if you've been together for decades, as soon as the tat is on you, the end is eminent. the relationship will eventually be over. it's a curse.

Hah, a girl I was close to branded herself with the image of my pet name. And less than a year later, we stopped speaking and have not spoken since. So now, she has an animal on her wrist that nobody will ever understand except me. Very sweet and flattering for me at the time, but yeah. I suppose that was smarter than getting my name, though. But if the girl put your name on her, good for her, but you are not obligated to do the same or stay with her because of it.

Well lets be frank here. In your other thread where you admitted to having 6-7 girlfriends. You have admitted to leading these women on, discussing marriage with a couple of them. So it's really hard to feel for you. You did this to yourself, and you deserve any of the negative outcome that comes from this. Call this, Karma.

She sounds... unstable. No matter how you break it off with her, she's going to have issues. She'll blame you. There's nothing you can do about it. Either she sensed that there was something wrong with the relationship and she did this to guilt trip you into staying, or she's deluded herself into thinking that you are an extension of her reality and so doing something so extreme without talking to you first is perfectly normal. Either way, I can't see you getting out of this without a pissed off crazy bitch on your heels. Choosing to stay with her isn't going to make the eventual break up any easier on her. Don't allow yourself to be trapped.

Let her know what she did was over the top. She might think of it as an act of love, but making that kind of decision without talking to you first is not ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Well lets be frank here. In your other thread where you admitted to having 6-7 girlfriends. You have admitted to leading these women on, discussing marriage with a couple of them. So it's really hard to feel for you. You did this to yourself, and you deserve any of the negative outcome that comes from this. Call this, Karma.
    Nah thats not Karma thats called full of shit, maybe he should put that on his forehead Im full of shit.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Karma? Try making shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Karma? Try making shit up.
    I was trying to be civil. But yes, this would be the correct answer.

This person sounds a lot like Munchkin.